Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Hmm.... a website issue at Royal Caribbean...how unusual... Just kidding. Thanks for the info about opening a print window. I imagine it's just a glitch, and we don't sail until March, but if we encounter the same situation thanks for the info on how to get around it.

This is our first cruise on an RCCL ship. We have done around twenty-five cruises so I feel we know a little about how things work. That was until I tried working with the RCCL online website. It has got to be the worse online sight in the cruise industry. I have repeatedly tried to log on only to be given one of their excuses... loading error... reservation being edited... or my favorite... just being dumped into a bad request limbo! My stress level goes off the charts when trying to work online with RCCL. My only hope is the cruise is a damn sight better than their web services or this will be the worse cruise we have ever been on! Thanks for letting me vent! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for you, You would see that complaints about their website go back quite some time, Yrs and Yrs!

Every few years they try to do a big overhaul but it always backfires. Just deal with the online agents and you MAY get the information you require.

BTW, on payments....don't trust the site to make them. Call! Years ago, We were making partial payments every few weeks on a cruise and the website charged the whole amount which we were not prepared for. They had to refund the whole cruise fare and start over...at least they were willing to do that so our card didn't exceed it's limit.

We all here on CC consider their website as pretty lame! On this subject, I think I speak for the majority at least:rolleyes:

We had problems doing our Set Sail Pass and after 2 calls to Royal were told to change from Chrome to Explorer and then we had no problem. We will be doing the 49 day check in stuff in 4 days so it will be interesting to see what server we will have to use.

Funny, my experience this past weekend trying to print our Set Sail Passes was completely opposite. I couldn't print them from Explorer, but was able to from Chrome. Go figure!

Maybe this has been brought up recently, I couldn't find info, but is anyone else experiencing problems when trying to do the online checkin?

I have this message pop up every time I try to do the online checkin. "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time."

I am now only 20 days out from our cruise.

Hi. Just happened to me in the last 2 days!! I called (I called the Crown and Anchor line) and was told my reservation “was locked”. She quickly “unlocked it”, told me to sign out, close the browser, reopen the browser and log in. All worked fine after that. Hope this helps!

When I checked in online, I had to call and have my account unlocked about six different times. Incredibly frustrating, but that's the quickest way to solve the problem when you get the "your account is being modified" notice. The last time I got smart and gave the rep on the phone as much info as I could verbally so I'd have as little to deal with on their web site as possible.

Every time I go to online check-in, I get this message:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Does this happen a lot? Is there any way I can get around it to check-in for my cruise? We leave on August 11, and it's one thing I want to get completed this weekend.

Yes, seems to be commonplace now. I would recommend to keep trying, sometimes if you hit the back button and click check-in again, it works. Also try a different browser, it's hit or miss unfortunately. We sail on Oasis on 8/12, and i just was finally able to do it last weekend after trying for a couple weeks...no joke.

Every time I go to online check-in, I get this message:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Does this happen a lot? Is there any way I can get around it to check-in for my cruise? We leave on August 11, and it's one thing I want to get completed this weekend.

I had a similar problem .I called RCI and they did everything for me.

We are doing a B2B in September,yesterday I was able to complete my docs for the first week but not the second week.Today I received an email from RCCL and it said I could check in.So I went in to check in and was able to complete the second week.I am so HAPPY

Hi all - first time booking with RCL - I'm still in the research stage and have found rooms I like listed on the Costco page that are listed available. I wanted to double check the pricing on the RCL page and double check if there were connecting rooms available.

When I try to book 2 rooms on the RCL site the numbers seem off, but even more odd - when I backed out and started over just trying to book one room at a time, the RCL site stated there were 0 interior rooms available for a group of 2 anywhere on the entire ship (Radiance 7/14/19 sailing) yet Costco lists plenty of interiors available.

Is there a glitch with RCL's site - or am I completely missing something important here?

thx

Hi all - first time booking with RCL - I'm still in the research stage and have found rooms I like listed on the Costco page that are listed available. I wanted to double check the pricing on the RCL page and double check if there were connecting rooms available.

When I try to book 2 rooms on the RCL site the numbers seem off, but even more odd - when I backed out and started over just trying to book one room at a time, the RCL site stated there were 0 interior rooms available for a group of 2 anywhere on the entire ship (Radiance 7/14/19 sailing) yet Costco lists plenty of interiors available.

Is there a glitch with RCL's site - or am I completely missing something important here?

thx

RCI site always has problems! Also, Costco sometimes has lower prices than RCI. If RCI shows lower - Costco will get you that lower price.

Thanks, I was hoping it was a glitch as opposed to 40 rooms selling out in the last day. Crazy that they can't have a reliable website for us to give them money.

I can definitely call - but I was hoping to actually book through Costco to get their cash card/rebate. If I book when I call, if the price or rooms are better, can I then transfer it to Costco? Or is better to just go thru Costco the whole time?