Cape Liberty Garage/Outdoor Parking

Nana57

We used to park outside when we sailed from Cape Liberty. Is the outdoor parking still available or is it only the new garage? Are there elevators in the garage and how far is the walk to the cruise entrance from there? I fractured my ankle on June 11 and hopefully by August 12 I’ll be able to walk a further distance. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to park outside when we sailed from Cape Liberty. Is the outdoor parking still available or is it only the new garage? Are there elevators in the garage and how far is the walk to the cruise entrance from there? I fractured my ankle on June 11 and hopefully by August 12 I’ll be able to walk a further distance. Thanks.

For the summer sailings with 3 ships sailing from Cape Liberty, both the garage and the outdoor parking is available, but no guarantees about the garage availability. What is your ship and sail date?

There are elevators in the garage and it is right next to the customs area building in the new terminal.

The new drop off area is much easier than the old one - no more angled parking. It would be easy for you to get dropped off in front of the terminal entrance area with your luggage for the porters while the other person goes to park the car (assuming you're not trying to do this by yourself)

There are no more shuttle buses. There's also a lot of seating in the terminal once you're through security. However, if you are still having mobility issues, the walk onto the ship is a lot longer than it used to be even with the escalator or elevator and you might want to request wheelchair assistance just to start your cruise off as easily as possible. There will be plenty of walking once you're on the ship!

For the summer sailings with 3 ships sailing from Cape Liberty, both the garage and the outdoor parking is available, but no guarantees about the garage availability. What is your ship and sail date?

There are elevators in the garage and it is right next to the customs area building in the new terminal.

The new drop off area is much easier than the old one - no more angled parking. It would be easy for you to get dropped off in front of the terminal entrance area with your luggage for the porters while the other person goes to park the car (assuming you're not trying to do this by yourself)

There are no more shuttle buses. There's also a lot of seating in the terminal once you're through security. However, if you are still having mobility issues, the walk onto the ship is a lot longer than it used to be even with the escalator or elevator and you might want to request wheelchair assistance just to start your cruise off as easily as possible. There will be plenty of walking once you're on the ship!

Thank you! We are sailing on the Summit to Bermuda. I might have to see what my limitations will be. Might have to cancel.

Consider renting a scooter from special needs at sea maybe...and ask for wheelchair assistance when you get dropoed off.

You can ask for wheelchair assistance to board the ship at Cape Liberty and to disembark when you return. While you are on the ship you would need to make arrangements to rent a scooter via Special Needs at Sea, or Care Vacations. If you do that you would also need an accessible cabin. If you rent a wheelchair no accessible cabin is required however.

For more information on this contact the Special Needs department of Celebrity and they can assist you.

Rumors are that this season, Summit cruisers are automatically being put in the parking lot. When I sailed last week, we were directed by the porter to the garage, but then directed to the lot. It seems the garage had already filled up. This was around 11:30. I was sent to the far part of the lot. While I did walk back to where I left my wife, I did notice a shuttle bus that would bring you back if needed. Coming back, I shared a porter with someone who was going to the garage. (A side note, it appeared the porters were running late that early, there were very few of them). After we dropped the one group at the pickup area at the garage, and I paid for parking (had to pay at the garage), the porter went with us all the way to the car.