Jade April 2019 Transatlantic

Yllek

• 2 weeks later...
Only Sixthman cruise on website for April is on the Pearl, then Jade in August out of Barcelona.

Sixthman site now lists the Pearl for the boaty weekender in August. Makes great sense now.

I think the Jade med itineraries will remain intact.

Sixthman site now lists the Pearl for the boaty weekender in August. Makes great sense now.

I think the Jade med itineraries will remain intact.

That's great, thanks for posting it; now, if we could just figure out what the Jade is doing in early April, it would put the icing on the cake and we could stop worrying about it.

That's great, thanks for posting it; now, if we could just figure out what the Jade is doing in early April, it would put the icing on the cake and we could stop worrying about it.

For sure :)

We decided to jump ship, so to speak, and are now doing the Getaway from NYC on April 27th instead. It goes to London, where we'll stay a couple of days, then to Paris for a couple of days, then Rome for another 3 or 4 before boarding the Spirit. This gives us more flexibility and visiting time with friends in London and Paris, and now our sis and bro in law are joining us too! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think you'd be pleasantly surprised regarding the events during the sea days. Recently did the TA on the Jade this past April and the solo group was very active with lots of things arranged by various members.

Our group grew almost every day and the Hostess, Darla, was always organizing our dinners in the MDRs. There was never dull moment, that's a lie but we did have a lot of fun.

The CD staff always had things organized quite well, dances, and games etc.

I may cancel my Bermuda cruise since this one looks so good, twice the days and half the price... sounds like a good deal to me too.

Hi, I just booked the Pearl TA from NY to Amsterdam for April 28, 2019 and was wondering what to expect weather wise at that time. This is my first TA so a little anxious. TIA

Weather during a TA is kind of difficult to predict. Jade TA this past April/May was moderate to warm mid 50s to low 70s.

Layers are always the safest way to dress or be prepared to dress anyway.

Amsterdam is a great city to visit so if you have some time after the cruise it might be fun to stay a bit longer and explore the area.

As far as the overall TA experience, it really is up to you to decide what kind of experience you want to have. You can bring reading material etc. and just sit back and relax or decide you want to participate in any or all the fun things to cd will have arranged or maybe some of your fellow pax will have arranged too...

Make the best of the time you have and be sure to do some research on the ports of call. You can find lots of info on those in the Ports of Call forum here or look them up on Tripadvisor.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cheers.

Weather during a TA is kind of difficult to predict. Jade TA this past April/May was moderate to warm mid 50s to low 70s.

Layers are always the safest way to dress or be prepared to dress anyway.

Amsterdam is a great city to visit so if you have some time after the cruise it might be fun to stay a bit longer and explore the area.

As far as the overall TA experience, it really is up to you to decide what kind of experience you want to have. You can bring reading material etc. and just sit back and relax or decide you want to participate in any or all the fun things to cd will have arranged or maybe some of your fellow pax will have arranged too...

Make the best of the time you have and be sure to do some research on the ports of call. You can find lots of info on those in the Ports of Call forum here or look them up on Tripadvisor.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cheers.

Thank you very much for this information. I’ll be prepared now that I have some idea. The reason we’re doing this TA is because it goes to Amsterdam which is like our home away from home. Spent much time there as we were employed by the Dutch airline. I will look up the Irish and UK ports as we haven’t been there yet. We will definitely partake in the fun stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amsterdam in the Spring?

Don't miss Keukenhof https://keukenhof.nl/en/

Thank you. The gardens are quite beautiful. We usually go end April for what was Queens Day but now is Kings Day celebration. Weather is sometimes rainy and damp this time of the year so we prefer June or July. My favorite city.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info Jade is very popular with charter groups - last year it was prog rock cruise and start trek convention cruise - both on the Jade - both looked like something you would avoid like the plague

I can stay as long as I want and no problem with making one connection, so that's good news, TAP Air Portugal??? They aren't a "budget" carrier like WOW air are they?

Would love this on a Jewel Class ship, hey may just book at $50 deposit, I have until December to make up my mind

TAP Air Portugal is a normal full service airlines. They have been around since the 1950s and are members of Star Alliance together with Lufthansa, Air Canada, United, Swizz, Brussels, Austrian and Swiss.

They fly into JFK, Newark and Toronto.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been so long I almost forgot all the turmoil about whether this cruise was going to happen or not due to some cancels on earlier dates. It looks like NCL has filled in 4 of the last 6 missing days. That 4 day charter is about twice the price of what I am paying for the 14 day Transatlantic. Color me happy.

Apr 1-12 RT Miami for Western Caribbean

Apr 12-16 RT Miami for "Runaway to Paradise with Jon Bon Jovi" charter

Apr 16-18 I cannot find any cruise listed but must be moving ship from Miami to NYC

Apr 18-28 RT NYC for Bahamas & Bermuda

Apr 28-May 12 NYC to Rome Transatlantic

1 hour ago, Korlad said:

It's been so long I almost forgot all the turmoil about whether this cruise was going to happen or not due to some cancels on earlier dates. It looks like NCL has filled in 4 of the last 6 missing days. That 4 day charter is about twice the price of what I am paying for the 14 day Transatlantic. Color me happy.

Apr 1-12 RT Miami for Western Caribbean

Apr 12-16 RT Miami for "Runaway to Paradise with Jon Bon Jovi" charter

Apr 16-18 I cannot find any cruise listed but must be moving ship from Miami to NYC

Apr 18-28 RT NYC for Bahamas & Bermuda

Apr 28-May 12 NYC to Rome Transatlantic

Those charters are insanely expensive. I looked at the Bon Jovi  one in both the Carib and Barcelona, thinking I'd take my daughter and daughter in law, I almost choked at the prices.

Edited by njkate

On 10/22/2018 at 3:30 PM, erdoran said:

If you aren't on the roll call, pls stop in and say hi, and sign up for the various activities.  With all these sea days there is a lot of free time for fun CC activities!

Hi Everyone,  we are Gayle and Tim from Niceville FL (near Destin).  We just booked the Jade Transatlantic from NYC on April 28 and the B2B Greek Isles May 12th.  We just returned from 28 days on the Jade (British Isles and Transatlantic to MIA) on October 15th--just in time to miss Hurricane Michael. We look forward to meeting you all in 6 months! 

On 10/27/2018 at 4:08 PM, Travel Buds said:

Hi Everyone,  we are Gayle and Tim from Niceville FL (near Destin).  We just booked the Jade Transatlantic from NYC on April 28 and the B2B Greek Isles May 12th.  We just returned from 28 days on the Jade (British Isles and Transatlantic to MIA) on October 15th--just in time to miss Hurricane Michael. We look forward to meeting you all in 6 months! 

You might want to post this on the Roll call