Jade April 2019 Transatlantic

Yllek

Jade April 12 - 22, 2019 sailing is cancelled.

So now there is a blank slate April 12 - 28, I wonder what's going on ?

The cancellation of the April 12 sailing actually makes me feel better about our New York departure. Because of that silly law about carrying passengers between 2 US ports the ship will have to visit Aruba, Curacao or South America between Miami and New York. I did not think there was enough time in the 6 days between the end of the previous cruise and the beginning of ours to make it down there and then back to NY. Now with more time between cruises the charter makes more sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Some online travel sites show our TA, some don't. Similarly for the port schedules some show. Trouble is, we don't know whether these port schedules are built from the cruiselines' websites or the port schedules on an official port site.

So, while trying to find actual port sites I stumbled onto cruisecal.com .

You're not going to like this as it shows our TA split into two pieces but it does fit given the open calendar at 4/22/19:

Norwegian Jade

14 nts 4/22/2019 Miami, Florida to 5/6/2019 Barcelona

6 nts 5/6/2019 Barcelona to 5/12/2019 Rome

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx :mad::mad::mad:

(select Jade from the drop-down box)

I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Edited by pspercy

Some online travel sites show our TA, some don't. Similarly for the port schedules some show. Trouble is, we don't know whether these port schedules are built from the cruiselines' websites or the port schedules on an official port site.

You're not going to like this as it shows our TA split into two pieces but it does fit given the open calendar at 4/22/19:

Norwegian Jade

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx :mad::mad::mad:

They have split things up like this In the past with the Jade. This fall the Jade is doing a similar split for the ta. It makes sense to set aside a portion because they likely won’t fill it for the TA.

Edit- I see what you are saying. Yes dates a little off.

Ncl owns sixthmam and they are actively marketing the Jade med 2019 music charters. The strange thing is the Pearl showing up in Europe ports for 2019. Will be interesting to see what that’s all about. Pearl, Epic, Jade, Star, Spirit, getaway, and encore inaugural seems a little too many. They seem to do very well with Pearl Alaska and I don’t think The Pearl is due for a dry dock. Ncl hasn’t announced the fall ta for the Jade.

Norwegian Jade

Ugh! I will keep hoping that the cruise cal site is wrong, especially since it does not have the April 12 cruise cancellation taken into account.

The cruise timetables site does show the NYC to Rome itinerary still but some of those ports look really busy. Ponta Delgada on May 4th shows the Jade, Epic, Star plus another cruise ship. I don't know if you can squeeze a mega ship plus 3 normal sized ships in that harbor. I guess we just have to wait and see what NCL does from here but I will keep hoping for the (NYC) best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Yes, but now the question, are we leaving from NYC or Miami???

That one link does not show NYC

I agree which is one reason it's such a mystery still. I won't be booking anything until we've rec'd info re cancellation/rescheduling/repositioning.

And, if it turns out to be something I can't/won't deal with, oh well, I'll find something else, no worries. The beauty of being retired. ;)

I agree which is one reason it's such a mystery still. I won't be booking anything until we've rec'd info re cancellation/rescheduling/repositioning.

And, if it turns out to be something I can't/won't deal with, oh well, I'll find something else, no worries. The beauty of being retired. ;)

I'm with you!! Don't think I'd fly to Miami to sail, the leaving from NYC plus the price is what sold me, the Getaway is departing from NYC on the 27th of April on a TA, prices are good $899 for a balcony, but the ports just don't jump out at me

I'm with you!! Don't think I'd fly to Miami to sail, the leaving from NYC plus the price is what sold me, the Getaway is departing from NYC on the 27th of April on a TA, prices are good $899 for a balcony, but the ports just don't jump out at me

Yes, Getaway departs NYC the 27th. Not thrilled with the ports though, been to all but one, Belgium. The others aren't horrible but not attractive enough for me to go back.

We'll see, the Jade from Miami > Barcelona may still work for me depending on the price. The flight to Miami is only a few bucks more than to NYC so no biggy there. Always wanted to visit Barcelona too so may work out well. :)

I am doing various searches on the NCL site to find this particular cruise by ship, dates, transatlantic, etc., and this cruise doesn't come up in the results unless I specifically sort by the Jade. While I may be generating some search errors, I'm not feeling optimistic about this cruise happening.

I am doing various searches on the NCL site to find this particular cruise by ship, dates, transatlantic, etc., and this cruise doesn't come up in the results unless I specifically sort by the Jade. While I may be generating some search errors, I'm not feeling optimistic about this cruise happening.

Same here, if you plug in Transatlantic it does NOT come up, you have to plug in Jade and April 2019 which to me is strange.

Not even going to book air until we know more. Their $300 credit is nothing if you have to cancel and if I toyed with the Getaway I'd be flying home from London not Rome. I never book air with NCL as I've no idea until we almost sail what airline, if it's a non stop and what time.

Same here, if you plug in Transatlantic it does NOT come up, you have to plug in Jade and April 2019 which to me is strange.

Not even going to book air until we know more. Their $300 credit is nothing if you have to cancel and if I toyed with the Getaway I'd be flying home from London not Rome. I never book air with NCL as I've no idea until we almost sail what airline, if it's a non stop and what time.

Look under Repositioning cruises.

But then who will watch the kits?? ;););)

Myself and a pal (we are both 60) just booked this cruise, so hope to meet you.

The "kids" are in their twenties, don't need no watching.

My daughter works remotely from home as long as she has that lap top she can be anywhere, she just did a week in the DR.

She has the wifi all figured out and will upgrade to premium, at a certain point she will log in at night due to time difference to the east coast, so she is coming. Especially since I'm already paying for two in my cabin, already paying post cruise hotels in Rome, she just has to pay her air home and excursions.

Nice that your daughter can join you, it'll be a nice break for her too.

Yes, company. She is on the Baltic cruise with me next month.

Her husband doesn't mind having been in military he has no desire for international travel, had same problem with late hubbie, his mantra was he was on a Navy ship for over 4 years, saw a lot of Europe and south pacific and had no desire. There were only 2 countries he would have went back to, Malta and Australia, sadly that never happened.

Her son, my grandson will be 18 by then, he doesn't need Mommy 24/7 lol

Edited by njkate

Do you mean this:

http://blog.sixthman.net/blog/2018/5/29/europe

"Soon we’ll announce more immersive music festivals

at sea out of Barcelona in August 2019 that will

also chase the goal of tearing down the walls

between fans and bands."

This has been known for a while but note that they are talking about August cruises, not those in April/May. If we get more confirmed info we'll share, I hope.

Let's keep the info factual, at least as much as we can, we're all in the same boat ;)