What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Probably very unlikely. Havens have been selling out on most of the sailings out of NYC that I've been tracking. There are only 13 left currently on your sailing with almost four months to go....

Jamie, any way you can check the number of balconies remaining on the 2/24 sailing of the Gem from NYC?

10 minutes ago, tooleman56 said:

Jamie, any way you can check the number of balconies remaining on the 2/24 sailing of the Gem from NYC?

Only BX is still available on that sailing, which is  GTY/SailAway rate, meaning that category doesn't actually show specific available rooms. So I have no way of telling. In fact, insides and ocean views are the same, so I can't see any specific rooms available on the entire ship.

We won!

I don't recall seeing too many upgrades on Pride of America.  We went from an inside to a balcony on 2/3 for cruise sailing 2/22.  I believe the bid was under the middle of fair.  We did not place a bid on an outside.

Hey one more question when upgrading from a mid mini suite to a haven forward suite, what about travel insurance thru NCL. How much will that go up? I know it’s a percentage but not sure how calculate it, I would hate for it to blow my budget.

any thoughts?

15 hours ago, cparker01 said:

I’m also new to the bidding process. We sail from New York to Bermuda on the encore. May 24th 2020. I would like to bid on the least expensive Haven suite offered. How likely would a poor bid be accepted? In anyone’s opinion? I mean very low😬

Highly, almost certainly, unlikely. 😉

26 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I noticed the NCL app update today includes:

"Now you can receive and respond to stateroom upgrades!"

I wonder what this entails and if it's any different than the existing bid system.

I am looking through the app at my upcoming March 22 Bliss sailing for which I did get the upgrade offer and I am not seeing anything pertaining to upgrades inside the app except for the message in my message center. And that just links out to the Plusgrade site.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:50 AM, hamrag said:

Highly, almost certainly, unlikely. 😉

Indeed, usually Haven bids are more successful in the fair range. We bid the max “Excellent” at 2k per person for our Bliss 14-day And were not succesful...at least we got the Vibe!

1 hour ago, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

Silly question, but I received the upgrade email and called to tell them my email address was changing.  I didn’t forward the upgrade email and it’s now gone. Can I call to get another one?  I don’t see it on my NCL sign on page as others have shared in the past.  

Is it in your message center on My NCL?

On 2/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, rippet22 said:

Sailing on NCL Breakaway 2/15/20. Waiting to hear if our bid was accepted. Has anyone else heard anything yet? Any pointers for this ship? This is our first time sailing NCL! 

7 days to go and they are still looking for bids!

Hope to find out before get on Plane.

44 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Hope to find out before get on Plane.

You will know before you fly.  If your bid is not successful, you'll receive an email approx. 48hrs prior to sail date. 

If you are successful, your CC will be charged the amount of your bid.  And you should receive an email with your new cabin info but not always.  

Good luck. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

17 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

You will know before you fly.  If your bid is not successful, you'll receive an email approx. 48hrs prior to sail date. 

If you are successful, your CC will be charged the amount of your bid.  And you should receive an email with your new cabin info but not always.  

Good luck. 

Yes and we are flying down 48 hours before sail date.

Sailing NCL Getaway out of New Orleans on 2/16 on a last minute booking (4 weeks out).  Still got offered the option to bid on upgrades from the inside stateroom that we booked.  Here were our options:

Oceanview 25-200 Max

Balcony 50-400 Max
Spa Balcony 125-500 Max

On 2/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, All-ready2cruise said:

Good luck. 

do they send a message to app message center as well?

5 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

do they send a message to app message center as well?

I'm not sure about that. I know they've sent an email and I've also seen it on MyNCL.  I use a credit card which alerts me of any charges over a certain amount, and that would let me know that my bid has been accepted.  I'd keep my eye on my CC if it were me.  It'll be the fastest notification.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

Also sailing on the Getaway out of New Orleans - late March. We currently have an OV cabin and received the upgrade opportunity. Ixtoras lists her options from an inside to OV, Balcony, etc. and they are higher than my minumum bid options. Does that mean that if someone with an inside cabin submits their minimum bid and I submit my minimum bid - which is lower, their bid will be accepted before mine? Does the accepted bid depend on the original purchase price or it it only based on the bid amount. I know that different sailing may have different bid amounts.

Another thought. If people are concerned about sailing with the corona virus, prices many come down and upgrades more likely?

1 hour ago, vswan said:

Also sailing on the Getaway out of New Orleans - late March. We currently have an OV cabin and received the upgrade opportunity. Ixtoras lists her options from an inside to OV, Balcony, etc. and they are higher than my minumum bid options. Does that mean that if someone with an inside cabin submits their minimum bid and I submit my minimum bid - which is lower, their bid will be accepted before mine? Does the accepted bid depend on the original purchase price or it it only based on the bid amount. I know that different sailing may have different bid amounts.

Another thought. If people are concerned about sailing with the corona virus, prices many come down and upgrades more likely?

NCL would be foolish to factor in original price paid. They already have that money.

• Like 3