What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

If my cruise is 3 weeks away and I book today, will I still receive the option to bid? Since its so close?

Yes. It's highly unlikely bids have been processed already, so bidding should still be open. Bids usually aren't processed until, at minimum, one week prior to sailing and sometimes they actually cut the 48 hours out pretty close. My bid on my last cruise was processed about 50 hours prior to sailing?

Wow, thanks! I have actually a decent bid in on DOS on Bliss - they are showing sold out but what the heck....haven't told DH. I so hope to get it, these suites look awesome! Congrats to you!

Wow, thanks! I have actually a decent bid in on DOS on Bliss - they are showing sold out but what the heck....haven't told DH. I so hope to get it, these suites look awesome! Congrats to you!

The trick is bid on all that’s available, they can only give you one

we are sailing on Norwegian spirit from Citavecchia on 8/30 to 9/9 We were offered a chance to bid for an upgrade on 4 different types of suites. has anyone who is booked on this cruise, heard back from them yet? We are hoping to hear before we leave for Rome, which is a week before the cruise sails. Thank you!

Sailing on escape in Oct. In a haven forward ph, the lowest category haven. Anyone know what in meta bids to higher category haven rooms tend to start at? I'm going to try my luck but only so far as I'm still saving a little off published rates.....

1- I have read on prior posts that those who had prepaid DSC at regular rate were not charged higher Haven rate. (Of course that could change)

3- Unfortunately, they do not let you bid from a BA to a B1 or B6. Wish they would!

If you are in an Inside or OceanView and win a bid on a balcony you could get lucky and end up in a B1 or B6 or B9.

Last year on the Gem we won our bid for OS and had already pre-paid DSC. We did not have to pay the difference on the DSC. We just had to pay the extra on the travel insurance.

Sailing on escape in Oct. In a haven forward ph, the lowest category haven. Anyone know what in meta bids to higher category haven rooms tend to start at? I'm going to try my luck but only so far as I'm still saving a little off published rates.....

At 80 days should be H4 2 bedroom @ $500 and OS H3 & DOS H2 @ $750 starting bids. Good Luck!

waiting for upgrade on Jade, 7/15.......doubt it, but still fun to see.

The trick is to be content with your current stateroom and that way you can be pleasantly surprised by an upgrade rather than relying on it. When I bid my upgrade on the Gem, I just told myself I'd be happy win or lose. If I won, I'd get the better room. If I lost, I'd have the extra cash to spend on board!

• Like 7

I got an offer to bid on the Bliss for September. I booked an inside sailaway. They offered an OV with a minimum bid of $50 and a balcony with a minimum of $75. I don’t care about the OV, but I wouldn’t mind having a balcony. It will be chilly then, so the balcony won’t be that usable. I usually go outside on deck for glacier viewing. Yet, I still bid on a balcony. I’m solo, so I have to pay double. Any thoughts on what a reasonable bid would be?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got an offer to bid on the Bliss for September. I booked an inside sailaway. They offered an OV with a minimum bid of $50 and a balcony with a minimum of $75. I don’t care about the OV, but I wouldn’t mind having a balcony. It will be chilly then, so the balcony won’t be that usable. I usually go outside on deck for glacier viewing. Yet, I still bid on a balcony. I’m solo, so I have to pay double. Any thoughts on what a reasonable bid would be?

Bliss sailings have been booked pretty solid, so your chances of an upgrade are, unfortunately, very low. The best answer I can give you is to bid what you are comfortable with. As you mentioned, it's likely to be chilly, so you may not get a ton of use out of the balcony. I won an upgrade from an inside to a balcony for a Canada/New England cruise in early June and I would say my balcony was only really usable about half of the days I was on board. However, the view through the large sliding door was really nice. Since you are paying double, you should definitely factor that into your bid. Bid something reasonable and then don't stew on it. As I said in the beginning, chances for upgrades on Bliss sailings are pretty low at the moment.

Bliss sailings have been booked pretty solid, so your chances of an upgrade are, unfortunately, very low. The best answer I can give you is to bid what you are comfortable with. As you mentioned, it's likely to be chilly, so you may not get a ton of use out of the balcony. I won an upgrade from an inside to a balcony for a Canada/New England cruise in early June and I would say my balcony was only really usable about half of the days I was on board. However, the view through the large sliding door was really nice. Since you are paying double, you should definitely factor that into your bid. Bid something reasonable and then don't stew on it. As I said in the beginning, chances for upgrades on Bliss sailings are pretty low at the moment.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with everything you said. I’m pretty new to NCL and this bidding thing, but I’m a veteran cruiser. I’ll be happy with my current cabin, but I do like a balcony. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. My friends will have a balcony, so I can visit them. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The trick is to be content with your current stateroom and that way you can be pleasantly surprised by an upgrade rather than relying on it. When I bid my upgrade on the Gem, I just told myself I'd be happy win or lose. If I won, I'd get the better room. If I lost, I'd have the extra cash to spend on board!

I have been on over 20 cruises with an inside cabin and am totally happy with it. I have had a chance to upgrade before, but never have. This time, I thought, why not. It is kind of like a horse race, I don't expect to win, but will be happy if I do....or don't.

• Like 2