What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

spa mini nor any mini suite was not available for us to bid, also inside room

You should have been able to bid on a spa balcony from an inside room. You can bid two metas above your own. So insides can bid on oceanview and balcony, oceanview can bid on balcony and mini-suite, balconies can bid on mini-suite and Haven, mini-suites can bid on Havens, and Havens can bid on higher level Havens than the one they currently have booked.

Reviving this thread now that we're back up and running. It has been confirmed that some guests on the October 28th sailing of the Getaway have received their upgrades. Interesting enough, a couple people with bids lower than mine were already upgraded, so I don't think NCL bases this solely on upgrade bid. 🙂

On 10/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, JamieLogical said:

spa mini nor any mini suite was not available for us to bid, also inside room

You should have been able to bid on a spa balcony from an inside room. You can bid two metas above your own. So insides can bid on oceanview and balcony, oceanview can bid on balcony and mini-suite, balconies can bid on mini-suite and Haven, mini-suites can bid on Havens, and Havens can bid on higher level Havens than the one they currently have booked.

It might depend on the ship but I didn't have the spa balcony option either.  Just oceanview or balcony from inside.

55 minutes ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Reviving this thread now that we're back up and running. It has been confirmed that some guests on the October 28th sailing of the Getaway have received their upgrades. Interesting enough, a couple people with bids lower than mine were already upgraded, so I don't think NCL bases this solely on upgrade bid. 🙂

That is interesting.  Do you think the first ones with their bid submitted get first dibs?

1 hour ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

I've heard that the amount paid for the booking plus the bid amount are considered.  So, someone might have paid more for their original cabin, placed a lower bid than you, but still had a higher cost overall than your booking amount+bid.

I'm on the 11/11/2018 sailing of the Breakaway out of New Orleans. 

I got the offer to upgrade on 8/23.  I was booked in an Oceanview, category OB.  The offer was for either a mini suite, minimum bid $50pp, or a balcony, minimum bid $25pp.

I put in a bid of $95pp for a mini, and $75 for a balcony.

On Thursday, October 22th, I got the notice that we were awarded the balcony upgrade, and with the confirmation, moved to a forward BC on deck 13.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, April7901 said:

I'm on the 11/11/2018 sailing of the Breakaway out of New Orleans. 

I got the offer to upgrade on 8/23.  I was booked in an Oceanview, category OB.  The offer was for either a mini suite, minimum bid $50pp, or a balcony, minimum bid $25pp.

I put in a bid of $95pp for a mini, and $75 for a balcony.

On Thursday, October 22th, I got the notice that we were awarded the balcony upgrade, and with the confirmation, moved to a forward BC on deck 13.

hmmm, October 22nd hasn't happened yet. Did you travel from the future? And it's not on Thursday either. :)

2 hours ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

I think it has a lot to do with how much you ORIGINALLY paid for your cabin.

We just received an email confirming our upgrade from a Family Suite on 12 to an Owner’s Suite with Two Balconies on 10 for the TA on Star leaving Rome on 11/5/18. :classic_biggrin: Curious if others are also getting upgrade notifications for this sailing. Hope everyone has good luck with their bids. 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Some Schmoo said:

We just received an email confirming our upgrade from a Family Suite on 12 to an Owner’s Suite with Two Balconies on 10 for the TA on Star leaving Rome on 11/5/18. :classic_biggrin: Curious if others are also getting upgrade notifications for this sailing. Hope everyone has good luck with their bids. 👍

That is a good move as the SBs/OS on Star/Dawn are quite nice, especially on 10.  Is it just two of you?

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, our Thanksgiving cruise is sold out and is not even on ncl.com anymore. So, I guess, no upgrades are coming.

Did you check other sites? Sometimes NCL hides a sailing from their website, but you can still see the inventory elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, spacedaisy said:

Did you check other sites? Sometimes NCL hides a sailing from their website, but you can still see the inventory elsewhere. 

I've been checking ncl.com every day since I bought this cruise back in September. :) The price kept going up and down, then all of the cabins were sold out completely (this Mon and Tue), and now it's not even on the site anymore.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I've been checking ncl.com every day since I bought this cruise back in September. :) The price kept going up and down, then all of the cabins were sold out completely (this Mon and Tue), and now it's not even on the site anymore.

This happened to me last year, too. NCL hid my sailing from their site, so I searched other travel websites, and was able to see available cabins for our cruise. Hope it works for you! They will probably add your sailing back on the NCL site in a few days. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:38 PM, 3kidsncats said:

I've heard that the amount paid for the booking plus the bid amount are considered.  So, someone might have paid more for their original cabin, placed a lower bid than you, but still had a higher cost overall than your booking amount+bid.

That would make sense. My upcoming Pamana Canal cruise on Bliss is $999. I paid way more than that and I'd be pretty piss if someone who just booked at the $999 bidded just $100 and got the upgrade I want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sailing on the Gem this upcoming Saturday (10/20) and just put in a bid for a balcony (we're currently in an interior on deck 9, sail away). I put in a paltry bid of $55/pp about 2 weeks ago and was expecting to have heard back by now, even if it's a rejection. Anyone know what the timeline is for these kinds of situations, especially since I put the bid in so late?

For awhile the cruise has been shown as sold out, it wouldn't even register a result when searching on NCLs website. I checked again last night and it showed interior, oceanview, and balcony cabins available! However, a mock booking showed everything as sold out or not available - why would it show as available (with prices) but then have no availability? Checked again tonight and same thing, except it's giving the option to book ONE specific balcony cabin. No other categories or rooms. I know it's all a crapshoot, but has anyone gotten a bid accepted very late in the game?