What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

5 hours ago, JAYNECOBB said:

For the last couple of weeks the NCL website showed the cabin we want to upgrade to as available for purchase. 17 days until the cruise.  I just checked the website and it now shows that cabin to be sold out. No notification that we were awarded our bid and we still have our original room. Is it time to give up hope or is the website sometimes inaccurate? 

At 17 days out or less if not showing likely sold out.  If within a few days, could be awarding bids and shuffling rooms and showing sold out.

6 hours ago, JAYNECOBB said:

For the last couple of weeks the NCL website showed the cabin we want to upgrade to as available for purchase. 17 days until the cruise.  I just checked the website and it now shows that cabin to be sold out. No notification that we were awarded our bid and we still have our original room. Is it time to give up hope or is the website sometimes inaccurate? 

I wouldn't completely give up hope until you receive the email saying they were unable to award your bids. That doesn't come until about 48 hours prior to sailing. Before then, anything can happen. Chances may be LOW, but there is still a possibility.

My cruise leaves in 3 days on the pearl for atransatlanic  cruise ,All of the havens have been sold out for about 1 1/2  month.

Even though you can bid on them.

I had bid that the meter was in the strong section of the dial,but I question ,am I wasting my time??

6 minutes ago, Eagle y said:

My cruise leaves in 3 days on the pearl for atransatlanic  cruise ,All of the havens have been sold out for about 1 1/2  month.

Even though you can bid on them.

I had bid that the meter was in the strong section of the dial,but I question ,am I wasting my time??

At this point, you might as well leave your bid as is. How much "time" is it costing you? You have nothing to lose if your bid is rejected. If your bid is accepted, hopefully you will be happy with the price you paid for the upgrade.

When I call up and get different answers from ncl reps.some say the upgrade advantage group has haven cabins set aside for bidding,somereps say that's not the case,if its sold out on their web site, then it can not be up for bidding. And then some say last min emergency cancellation. 

If we only have the answers

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eagle y said:

When I call up and get different answers from ncl reps.some say the upgrade advantage group has haven cabins set aside for bidding,somereps say that's not the case,if its sold out on their web site, then it can not be up for bidding. And then some say last min emergency cancellation. 

It would make almost zero business sense for them to "hold" Haven rooms for the upgrade process. Why would they do that if there is a chance they could still get full price for them?

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Eagle y said:

I'm call BS from the rep you talked to. Why on earth would NCL hold rooms for someone who might be bidding? They make more money selling it outright. If the cabin(s) have not sold within a few days of sailing I'm sure they have bidders lined up

Just now, Eagle y said:

It's funny, they still want people to bid even though the ship is sold  3 days out,guess people who get sick the last min ,they can pick the highest bidder.

Exactly. Plus, they still get valuable data about what people are willing to pay to inform decisions about pricing on future sailings. NCL has nothing to lose by taking bids until the very last second.

2 hours ago, JAYNECOBB said:

Well now it shows to be a available for purchase again.  I just need to stop worrying about it. If we get it, great. If not, we still have a great room ☺️

Yes because nine times out of ten they do not award bids until about 4 to 7 days before cruise.  Why should they, earlier its. Not to their financial advantage unless they get a person who over bids, or they need that cabin  category to open up lower category, be patient and you'll get your upgrade or your denial at 48 hours

Booked on Breakaway on May 12th in Balcony room.  Submitted upgrade to Spa Balcony for $150 pp.  It was accepted today.  Was going to purchase spa passes anyway, so saved $100usd total and got better room location.

• Like 2

Hi we are on the Escape April 28th out of NYC.  I do not think the ship is near sold out so a lot of people got upgrades.

We had an Oceanview on the 5th floor.  Bid low of choices from Balcony to Spa Mini suite.  Ended up with a 12th floor Mid ship Mini Suite for $90.00/person so a total of 180.00.  We are very happy with the upgrade.   I know some folks called and got upgrades for free as the price had dropped a lot. 

I'm in a 2 bed haven suite on the Gem in 2 weeks and they keep sending me emails to bid on an owners and deluxe owners suite.  Which I could actually pay outright to get into for far less and I have 4 ppl, why would I want 1 bed and 1 bath?  Lol, NCL you’re wacky!

• Like 1

Departing on the Getaway on Saturday.  Received email first thing this morning (Thursday) that my bid was accepted.  Going from a mini-suite large balcony to a Haven 2 bedroom.  Bid was in upper-poor range.  Before the cruise "disappeared" and showed sold out on NCL, there were about 35 open cabins in the Haven.  

48 minutes ago, Krazy Kat said:

Departing on the Getaway on Saturday.  Received email first thing this morning (Thursday) that my bid was accepted.  Going from a mini-suite large balcony to a Haven 2 bedroom.  Bid was in upper-poor range.  Before the cruise "disappeared" and showed sold out on NCL, there were about 35 open cabins in the Haven.  

Upper poor so 1250 ish?

15 hours ago, Rileyz said:

I'm in a 2 bed haven suite on the Gem in 2 weeks and they keep sending me emails to bid on an owners and deluxe owners suite.  Which I could actually pay outright to get into for far less and I have 4 ppl, why would I want 1 bed and 1 bath?  Lol, NCL you’re wacky!

The OS actually has a half bath too but unless pax 3& 4 are children, the bed in living room isn't that big like a double.  The  room and extra amenities are nice though.  Plus if you have a Haven, the OS is not in Haven proper.  But there is a large front balcony and doublewide side balcony.

The DOS is also quite nice but more of like a honeymoon suite.  Last time on Gem we had one of the DOS and it also has great views and huge balcony overlooking the pool.  There are only stairs to it so a drawback for some.

8 hours ago, Krazy Kat said:

What was the bid if you don’t mind me asking?

34 minutes ago, dexddd said:

The OS actually has a half bath too but unless pax 3& 4 are children, the bed in living room isn't that big like a double.  The  room and extra amenities are nice though.  Plus if you have a Haven, the OS is not in Haven proper.  But there is a large front balcony and doublewide side balcony.

The DOS is also quite nice but more of like a honeymoon suite.  Last time on Gem we had one of the DOS and it also has great views and huge balcony overlooking the pool.  There are only stairs to it so a drawback for some.

Yes we definitely need 2 full baths.  I love the deck 9 and 10 OS, had one in Alaska.  Just cracks me up that minimum bid is $750 pp but the difference in booking it outright is like $50 pp.  lol

Edited by Rileyz

This may be of interest. We were in an aft mini suite on a 4 day trip on the Sun . I had bid $475 for a suite upgrade which was near the top of poor. I took a look at the web site yesterday and found they had suites for the same price as our aft mini . I called NCL and said can I change , they did  it at no cost . I then canceled my bid , we sail on May 6 so I’m lucky they had not taken the bid . Saved $950 and got the upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, kabbpres said:

Hi I have a question.  We won a bid total of $ 180.00 but the card was charged 242.00.  We have travel insurance thru NCL is that the upcharge? Thanks 

Yes, your trip insurance will go up a little with the added price. Congrats on your bid!