What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Booked for Joy 5/18 in an H7 (forward facing penthouse with balcony) and bid on the H6 (aft facing penthouse with balcony) and was awarded upgrade with a "good" bid of $630 each.   When we originally booked the cruise the H6 was over $2700 more so I'm happy with the upgrade!   I am a big fan of the aft so very happy even though I know it will be a trek to the Haven area.   Or anywhere for that matter lol.    First time on NCL - we've had aft cabins on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and HAL previously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sand_Sun_Sea73 said:

Booked for Joy 5/18 in an H7 (forward facing penthouse with balcony) and bid on the H6 (aft facing penthouse with balcony) and was awarded upgrade with a "good" bid of $630 each.   When we originally booked the cruise the H6 was over $2700 more so I'm happy with the upgrade!   I am a big fan of the aft so very happy even though I know it will be a trek to the Haven area.   Or anywhere for that matter lol.    First time on NCL - we've had aft cabins on Royal Caribbean, Carnival and HAL previously.

Congrats! I am sailing in my first Aft Balcony (can only dream of Haven) in a little over two weeks and I am very excited about it. I think it will be worth being out of the Haven complex for you just to have that amazing view. Also, a little walking never hurts when your consuming unlimited food and alcohol. 😉

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Congrats! I am sailing in my first Aft Balcony (can only dream of Haven) in a little over two weeks and I am very excited about it. I think it will be worth being out of the Haven complex for you just to have that amazing view. Also, a little walking never hurts when your consuming unlimited food and alcohol. 😉

Yes that is the truth!!!  It will be nice having the 2nd bathroom too as we are taking my 20 year old.  Excited, doing the countdown!!!   Enjoy your aft, I've only done one cruise that didn't have an aft view cabin!  It's the best.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:14 AM, tallnthensome said:

Because the upgrade shuffle happens about 72 hours or less before cruising and people in certain cabin categories that were sold out now upgrade leaving openings in the once sold out category. If the ship and every cabin category is truly sold out there will be no upgrades. If you want an oceanview that are all sold out and there are more expensive balconies or mini suites available you'll have that opportunity to move in  .......

Mine is saying sold out too but they have let me bid so presumably people must be moving up to Haven, here’s hoping 🤞 

We were offered to bid however called in and paid full price to get the category of room we wanted ( Inside to Balcony ). We can still only see ocean view and balcony as options to bid on even though we’re now in an Oceanview. Has anyone else seen this? I’d be interested in bidding for a Haven room when and if it updates. 

6 minutes ago, CdnCruiseFan said:

We were offered to bid however called in and paid full price to get the category of room we wanted ( Inside to Balcony ). We can still only see ocean view and balcony as options to bid on even though we’re now in an Oceanview. Has anyone else seen this? I’d be interested in bidding for a Haven room when and if it updates. 

How long ago did you pay for the direct upgrade? It usually takes a day or two for PlusGrade to receive the updated info from NCL it seems. Same with new bookings inside of 80 days. Usually takes a day or two for people to get the chance to bid because NCL has to hand off the data to PlusGrade.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

How long ago did you pay for the direct upgrade? It usually takes a day or two for PlusGrade to receive the updated info from NCL it seems. Same with new bookings inside of 80 days. Usually takes a day or two for people to get the chance to bid because NCL has to hand off the data to PlusGrade.

Thanks. It was just yesterday so still quite recent. 🙂 

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You have to try the Haven at some point! Its absolutely amazing.

Just got my rejection notices for Sunday, which comes as no surprise as they've been sold out for the better part of a month.  Most of my bids from BD were in the low Fair range, categories H5 through H8.  Also bid $80 pp for mini suite and $280 for spa mini suite but didn't see the value in bidding more than that.

Got my acceptance at exactly 2pm today for sailing on Escape, this Sunday, may 19th.  Went from a ocean view oa deck 11 to a bb balcony deck 13 mid to aft near stairs starting bid was 50 I believe and we paid $195 per person to upgrade.  This is our fourth consecutive time winning a upgrade but way more than I've ever paid in past, supply and demand makes a huge difference 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Got my acceptance at exactly 2pm today for sailing on Escape, this Sunday, may 19th.  Went from a ocean view oa deck 11 to a bb balcony deck 13 mid to aft near stairs starting bid was 50 I believe and we paid $195 per person to upgrade.  This is our fourth consecutive time winning a upgrade but way more than I've ever paid in past, supply and demand makes a huge difference 

how did you know to bid more this time?  How many days is this cruise?, thank you

10 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Congrats on winning. Supply and demand is definitely the main factor.  For my upcoming sailing on the Escape (June 2) there are still over 170 balconies left, so I think the people in interior and oceanview cabins have great odds of upgrading for a decent price. But on that same sailing, there are only 7 mini-suites left, so I don't think we are going to see many people upgraded from balconies to mini-suites!

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Congrats on winning. Supply and demand is definitely the main factor.  For my upcoming sailing on the Escape (June 2) there are still over 170 balconies left, so I think the people in interior and oceanview cabins have great odds of upgrading for a decent price. But on that same sailing, there are only 7 mini-suites left, so I don't think we are going to see many people upgraded from balconies to mini-suites!

I have a spreadsheet like you, and use the site that shows cabins even above 15 in a category tracking was going along fine,  until Monday April 29th, wen I compared inventory from the day before, it went from 197 balconies available to just 93, then it stayed steady just a reduction her or their, but following Wednesday dropped to below 50 which was. Now only 10 days from sailing, their for the last 10 days or so their were almost as many minis as balconies.  I never saw after tracking four cruises though it to drop by over a 100 cabins in one day

5 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I have a spreadsheet like you, and use the site that shows cabins even above 15 in a category tracking was going along fine,  until Monday April 29th, wen I compared inventory from the day before, it went from 197 balconies available to just 93, then it stayed steady just a reduction her or their, but following Wednesday dropped to below 50 which was. Now only 10 days from sailing, their for the last 10 days or so their were almost as many minis as balconies.  I never saw after tracking four cruises though it to drop by over a 100 cabins in one day

What site to track more then 15 rooms?

2 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

We are not allowed to mention ta names on this site, I will say if you read the whole thread you might find someone else did name the site

it is 128 pages long

Had my hopes and excitement up all afternoon as first choice moved to processing and second to expired, but just got email that both were rejected. Weird though, that 1st choice now shows pending again, vs expired. 2 days to sail.  Not getting hopes up, but ant insight on if there still may be a chance while pending?

41 minutes ago, Norway97 said:

Had my hopes and excitement up all afternoon as first choice moved to processing and second to expired, but just got email that both were rejected. Weird though, that 1st choice now shows pending again, vs expired. 2 days to sail.  Not getting hopes up, but ant insight on if there still may be a chance while pending?

Where do you see the status of your bid?