What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 5/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, JamieLogical said:

How long ago did you pay for the direct upgrade? It usually takes a day or two for PlusGrade to receive the updated info from NCL it seems. Same with new bookings inside of 80 days. Usually takes a day or two for people to get the chance to bid because NCL has to hand off the data to PlusGrade. 

Just wanted to provide an update - we are now 5/22/2019 so a week since we changed rooms and still have not seen updated offers when I click on the Bid banner on my NCL account.  The type of room showing on PlusGrade still says Inside so I am offered to bid on Oceanview, Balcony and Spa Balcony.  I am not sure who to contact if anyone not does my TA have any idea as they keep getting told the same "the site will update shortly".  Any ideas? lol 🙂

4 minutes ago, CdnCruiseFan said:

Just wanted to provide an update - we are now 5/22/2019 so a week since we changed rooms and still have not seen updated offers when I click on the Bid banner on my NCL account.  The type of room showing on PlusGrade still says Inside so I am offered to bid on Oceanview, Balcony and Spa Balcony.  I am not sure who to contact if anyone not does my TA have any idea as they keep getting told the same "the site will update shortly".  Any ideas? lol 🙂

You could try calling NCL directly as this is a technical issue and not really a booking issue that would need to be handled by your TA? The real challenge here is that the Upgrade Advantage program is handled by a third party (PlusGrade) so even the technical support at NCL may not be able to do anything about it.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, Hockeydad1972 said:

That’s what confusing..

You can’t do a new booking without canceling and your only 5 weeks out so would have lost a considerable amount of your initial booking to cancel and rebook..

Im not doubting you got what you got but want to see how you did it because I’m in the same situation and see an opportunity to get some additional perks possibly..

Very curious..

Nothing confusing about it.......  My wife and I had a Mini Suite Spa on the Escape for a June 9th Sailing. I decided to upgrade to an H5 May 9th. Emailed my TA and they did everything. Cancelled our first cabin and booked us in an H5. No cancelation fee, we got more perks and I paid the difference on the new cabin. Got $200 OBC from NCL and another $100 from our TA

• Like 1

Just now, Laszlo said:

Nothing confusing about it.......  My wife and I had a Mini Suite Spa on the Escape for a June 9th Sailing. I decided to upgrade to an H5 May 9th. Emailed my TA and they did everything. Cancelled our first cabin and booked us in an H5. No cancelation fee, we got more perks and I paid the difference on the new cabin. Got $200 OBC from NCL and another $100 from our TA

That’s because you get those perks with The Haven. Not because of an additional promotion.

When I upgraded from and OV to Balcony I got an additional $50 Inn OBC because that’s what you normally get with Balconies. Not because of an extra promo like NCL is running now for “all perks for balcony and above”

Sailing on Breakaway 02 June. 

Originally booked an interior, realized yesterday that OV was $120 cheaper than the interior I booked in early Feb. NCL upgraded me to the OV without a problem but didn't refund any price difference or perks (boo). 

However, before doing any of this, I bid on balcony upgrades about a month ago which are still pending. I bid poor and on the site it still says pending (understandable from what I've read here) but it still reads my cabin on the UA site as interior even though my booking shows OV. 

Should I hold out and think that I still might get the balcony bid upgrade?

12 minutes ago, flaminog said:

Sailing on Breakaway 02 June. 

Originally booked an interior, realized yesterday that OV was $120 cheaper than the interior I booked in early Feb. NCL upgraded me to the OV without a problem but didn't refund any price difference or perks (boo). 

However, before doing any of this, I bid on balcony upgrades about a month ago which are still pending. I bid poor and on the site it still says pending (understandable from what I've read here) but it still reads my cabin on the UA site as interior even though my booking shows OV. 

Should I hold out and think that I still might get the balcony bid upgrade?

Check back back in a day or two and your current stateroom should be reflected on the Upgrade Advantage site. It tends to lag behind a bit because it is a third-party site and NCL has to send the new info over. As for whether or not you could still win a balcony upgrade, I don't see why not! You should also have the ability to bid on mini-suites once your current cabin info gets updated.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Check back back in a day or two and your current stateroom should be reflected on the Upgrade Advantage site. It tends to lag behind a bit because it is a third-party site and NCL has to send the new info over. As for whether or not you could still win a balcony upgrade, I don't see why not! You should also have the ability to bid on mini-suites once your current cabin info gets updated.

Awesome 🙂 

I don't see the difference in the cabin size vs. price for a mini suite vs. a balcony. I originally just bid on balcony and spa balcony-the spa pass being included I WILL pay for, otherwise I'll just buy it once I lose the bid for that cabin.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, K_e_short said:

Cruising on the Jewel July 29th - August 5th.

Currently in an inside cabin.

Offered an ocean for up to $300 per person US and offered a Balcony for up to $500 per person.

Decided we did not want an ocean view so put in the lowest bid ($150 per person) for a balcony. Doubt we'll get it but it doesn't hurt to try.

Based on what I read on here I decided to call NCL directly and ask what the upgrade fee would be.

I was quoted $1600 total ($800 per person). I forgot to ask if that was CAD or USD (I paid in USD but when I do mock bookings it shows in CAD).

Either way that is way more expensive then the highest bid price of $1000 ($500 per person).

We had a family balcony booked for 5/24 Gem . I bid the lowest offer $200 per person for a minisuite and was accepted 🙂 on Tuesday at 10:30am. I was happy with the balcony, so I didn't really care if we were upgraded or not, but I am pretty excited about it! It is definitely supply and demand and we were lucky enough to be on a cruise with lots of openings in the categories above us. 

Edited by WishIWasCruising2
clarification
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

In 2019 have you had a bid accepted on H4 on the Bliss, Escape, Breakaway, Getaway?  If so what was your accepted bid per person and which ship?

Someone on my Escape sailing fro 6/2 has had their bid from an H5 to an H4 accepted. They did not give an exact number, but implied it was about $1000 per person.

7 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

I am at the 80 day mark and was looking forward to a bidding opportunity, but nothing 🙁

I don’t think it falls in bang on 80. I booked at 56 days out and it was another week or so before I got the email which leads to OCD checking 😂😂

• Thanks 1

We sail on Sunday on the Bliss. Ship has been showing sold out for awhile now. I’m in a haven spa cabin and have bid on the 2-br family suite and the DOS. 

At two days out, both my bids still say pending. Should i just accept there’s zero chance, or can I continue to hold out hope?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, ohhbother said:

We sail on Sunday on the Bliss. Ship has been showing sold out for awhile now. I’m in a haven spa cabin and have bid on the 2-br family suite and the DOS. 

At two days out, both my bids still say pending. Should i just accept there’s zero chance, or can I continue to hold out hope?

Thanks!

You'll know by about 2:30 PM eastern today. It seems unlikely you will win at this point, but you never know. We had one of our bids accepted on our Gem sailing last June right at the 48 hour mark. So it does happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, debgreg said:

I don’t think it falls in bang on 80. I booked at 56 days out and it was another week or so before I got the email which leads to OCD checking 😂😂

LOL at the OCD checking!

Call NCL directly and ask what they would accept for an upgrade to the cabin you have bid $$ for.  You never know! If they are close to sail date and are having a lot of inventory of higher cabins, they may give you a good suggestion to pay an amount a bit greater than your minimum bid and get the cabin directly. Long phone hold and patience required while supervisor looks through/chats with revenue (?) and makes a decision.  All old promos follow and you get any new one associate with the new cabin (in case of a direct upsell). Don't forget to use/mention code ELVIS for $100 OBC for summer sailings. Good Luck for whatever works out for you.

17 minutes ago, ohhbother said:

Thanks!

If your bid gets accepted, will the spa access drop?

21 minutes ago, ohhbother said:

Thanks!

Keep us updated! I also have a bid on a cruise showing sold out (and pending) that sails the first week in June. 

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

If your bid gets accepted, will the spa access drop?

Yes, you keep your booking perks but lose/gain any perks associated with the room when you upgrade. So going from a spa room to a non-spa room, you lose spa access. Going from a non-spa room to a spa room, you gain spa access.

Has anyone heard about bids for June 30th?  I've put in three.  I booked an inside cabin instead of my usual Solo cabin, so I could bid on upgrades because I thought it would be fun.  It is stressful :)  I check everyday.  Still can't figure out how to tell how many cabins available with a balcony.  I found the site mentioned in November but have not been able to navigate to the part where it shows rooms.