What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

20 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

It's TRUE. I was in mid ship balcony and when prices dropped in April and I didn't want to play the wait and see if I'm upgraded game so I upgraded to an H9 Spa .... thinking I could then parley that into an H4 or owners suite etc. Wrong. I never was offered another upgrade.  If you upgrade direct, you no longer get put back into the 'upgrade game'. Too bad! Made me sad. 

Not sure this is the case.. We booked an inside originally on our June Escape cruise. We at that point could bid on OV and Balcony.. We then upgrade to OV after a price drop throughout NCL Direct. At that point got the option to bid on a Balcony and Minisuite. We then upgraded with cash through NCL to a Balcony and at that point we’re able to bid on Minisuite and Haven.. Was also able to do this on free upgrades as well..

I’m not sure what your saying is accurate.. 

Edited by Hockeydad1972

21 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

It's TRUE. I was in mid ship balcony and when prices dropped in April and I didn't want to play the wait and see if I'm upgraded game so I upgraded to an H9 Spa .... thinking I could then parley that into an H4 or owners suite etc. Wrong. I never was offered another upgrade.  If you upgrade direct, you no longer get put back into the 'upgrade game'. Too bad! Made me sad. 

I would not say true or false.
My experience for two recent cruises (within the year) has been different: Booked an inside, accepted a bid to upgrade, granted the upgrade to a balcony. Few days later got another invite to bid higher. Did not bid. Same with another one where originally booked a BX. The second invitations to bid came close to 48 hours and 36 hours before the cruise was closed. I did not bid.

9 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Not sure this is the case.. We booked an inside originally on our June Escape cruise. We at that point could bid on OV and Balcony.. We then upgrade to OV after a price drop throughout NCL Direct. At that point got the option to bid on a Balcony and Minisuite. We then upgraded with cash through NCL to a Balcony and at that point we’re able to bid on Minisuite and Haven.. Was also able to do this on free upgrades as well..

I’m not sure what your saying is accurate.. 

Case by case, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I would not say true or false.
My experience for two recent cruises (within the year) has been different: Booked an inside, accepted a bid to upgrade, granted the upgrade to a balcony. Few days later got another invite to bid higher. Did not bid. Same with another one where originally booked a BX. The second invitations to bid came close to 48 hours and 36 hours before the cruise was closed. I did not bid.

I really think it depends on the available cabins on the cruise, if you upgrade directly, you are giving them the cost they are charging, whereas someone upgrade from a balcony to haven is offering them 3000$ extra, at least on our cruise.  And it opens a cabin people are willing to pay for at the last minute

1 hour ago, gizfish said:

You will be able to cancel the spa passes you paid for if you were to win a bid into a spa cabin.

Yes, if you purchase spa passes and then get upgraded into a spa room, you can get a refund for our purchased passes.

16 hours ago, gizfish said:

You will be able to cancel the spa passes you paid for if you were to win a bid into a spa cabin.

Im thinking I should add the cost of the spa passes and the $250 I bid on the towards a regular balcony room and add it all towards the spa balcony room which places me into the “excellent” category. Suggestions?

Edited by Joeghartman

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

Im thinking I should add the cost of the spa passes and the $250 I bid on the towards a regular balcony room and add it all towards the spa balcony room which places me into the “excellent” category. Suggestions?

If you already paid for spa passes, then yeah, adding the cost to your bid for a spa balcony makes sense. Since it would be the same amount out of pocket ultimately.

• Like 1

asking for a friend....... has anyone had any success in challenging an upgrade ? The friends we are travelling with on the Jade got upgraded last week from IX/IE to B1.  They didnt realise there were some balcony rooms that only had a queen bed and a double sofa which now means that their 2 very tall teenage children will have to share the sofa.  Out of all the balcony rooms they could have got they got B1 which is the aft and no pullman bed.   

Edited by AJRfamily

58 minutes ago, AJRfamily said:

asking for a friend....... has anyone had any success in challenging an upgrade ? The friends we are travelling with on the Jade got upgraded last week from IX/IE to B1.  They didnt realise there were some balcony rooms that only had a queen bed and a double sofa which now means that their 2 very tall teenage children will have to share the sofa.  Out of all the balcony rooms they could have got they got B1 which is the aft and no pullman bed.   

That’s the “monkey paw” of upgrading.  Sorry.

8 hours ago, AJRfamily said:

Upgrades are processed as soon as they are accepted. They make that pretty clear when you place your bid. There is no turning back, so bid at your own risk. While they will not move your party into a room that will not accommodate the number of passengers you have, there is no specificity around HOW those passengers will be accommodated. Sounds like your friends had 4 in their cabin and they were upgraded to a room that accommodates 4.

I called in Saturday to upgrade rooms, making sure to confirm that the bidding process would not be affected. The rep confirmed with the help desk it wouldn't be an issue. Now that my account shows the upgraded room, my bidding options have changed. I moved from an IS to an OV, and my bidding changed from an OV and Balcony to now a Balcony and Minisuite. 

My bid still shows up for the balcony, but whenever I try and put a bid in on the Minisuite, I get the following error.

"We are unable to process your request at this time. If you've only recently made your reservation, please try back again in 24 hours."

Looking through the forums, I found an instance where this has happened to others before. I tried first yesterday morning, but after 36 hours, still not working.

Just an fyi in case anyone else experiences the same thing.

4 minutes ago, gogomez1 said:

I called in Saturday to upgrade rooms, making sure to confirm that the bidding process would not be affected. The rep confirmed with the help desk it wouldn't be an issue. Now that my account shows the upgraded room, my bidding options have changed. I moved from an IS to an OV, and my bidding changed from an OV and Balcony to now a Balcony and Minisuite. 

My bid still shows up for the balcony, but whenever I try and put a bid in on the Minisuite, I get the following error.

"We are unable to process your request at this time. If you've only recently made your reservation, please try back again in 24 hours."

Looking through the forums, I found an instance where this has happened to others before. I tried first yesterday morning, but after 36 hours, still not working.

Just an fyi in case anyone else experiences the same thing.

You may have to email the upgrade department to reset the account. I had the same issue when I upgraded..

It may reset automatically but if not email them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

You may have to email the upgrade department to reset the account. I had the same issue when I upgraded..

It may reset automatically but if not email them.

Which address did you use for that? I have not been successful locating an address.

Well, I am afraid I am not going to be able to report back on the success/failure of my Haven bids from my aft balcony on the Escape next week. My parents have decided to join us on this sailing and we decided to cancel all of our bids rather than run the risk of us getting upgraded to Haven while my parents remained in a normal balcony room. I had bid $910 on the H9 and H6 and $510 on the H7 and H5. I know the $510 had no chance, but I felt we might have a chance for the H9 with our $910 bid. Anyway, I am sorry that I won't be able to contribute to the data in this thread.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gogomez1 said:

Which address did you use for that? I have not been successful locating an address.

Here is what we used

upgradetechissues@ncl.com

tell them your RSVP # and your issues

Edited by Hockeydad1972

35 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Well, I am afraid I am not going to be able to report back on the success/failure of my Haven bids from my aft balcony on the Escape next week. My parents have decided to join us on this sailing and we decided to cancel all of our bids rather than run the risk of us getting upgraded to Haven while my parents remained in a normal balcony room. I had bid $910 on the H9 and H6 and $510 on the H7 and H5. I know the $510 had no chance, but I felt we might have a chance for the H9 with our $910 bid. Anyway, I am sorry that I won't be able to contribute to the data in this thread.

Enjoy!

I have just looked at my Spa pass documentation and it says all changes must be made 4 days before sailing.

I have bid on a Spa balcony so how would I cancel the pass in time if you don't know until 48hrs before sailing ?

Also how do you cancel ?

Edited by debgreg

15 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Sorry to hear that, however its nice your parents are going! Keep that ship clean for the sailing after you 😉

19 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Here is what we used

Just to follow up - email sent to this address, was notified that my previous bids were cancelled. Was able to place new bids in for upcoming cruise.

Thanks hockeydad!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Here is what we used

I can’t believe this worked thanks so much.

the prices offered to bid are really High, still tempted but in reality it doesn’t seem worth the money

2 minutes ago, Kenny1080 said:

I can’t believe this worked thanks so much.

the prices offered to bid are really High, still tempted but in reality it doesn’t seem worth the money

Keep an eye on prices and you may be able to upgrade cheaper than you think.. What are you in now and what are you trying to upgrade too?

1 minute ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Keep an eye on prices and you may be able to upgrade cheaper than you think.. What are you in now and what are you trying to upgrade too?

In a mini suite on the pearl, would love a 2 bedroom as have a 1 year old with us the 2 bed suite is offers over £595 each and 2 bed Haven is £790

do the upgrade prices decrease or are you referring to the website price?