What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, aero777 said:

Has anyone noticed starting today the max number of cabins displayed is 15, even on a site that used to display more than 15 cabins?

Yes I have that problem now too,I'm thinking maybe it's a result of ncl upgrade to their website this weekend since that website would "feed" to other websites 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, cksv said:

Does anyone have any experience with winning a bid on a last minute booking? I’m considering booking about 30 days out in hopes of snagging a cheap Balcony Guarantee and then making a strong bid for The Haven. Just wondering if that’s a viable strategy and if NCL considers the price paid on the original booking when awarding upgrades. From what I read on this thread it sounds like no since they already have your money from the original booking and probably just look for the highest bid, but may consider cabin type booked in order to squeeze out the most dollars for those who want to upgrade from Insides to Balcony, Mini Suite, etc. Anyway any data points would be helpful.

ok, so I got an upgrade offer for an SE/SF

I bet is was for the deck 8 SF since they were all available as of yesterday...

my issue is that I believe I plugged my card number in wrong since I got the email that says we tried, but got denied.

There were links to try that card again or use a different card.

I put in a different card, BUT the email said that if there is still something avail and they will try again.....

I wonder if I lost my shot....

53 minutes ago, RYMOMA said:

ok, so I got an upgrade offer for an SE/SF

I bet is was for the deck 8 SF since they were all available as of yesterday...

my issue is that I believe I plugged my card number in wrong since I got the email that says we tried, but got denied.

There were links to try that card again or use a different card.

I put in a different card, BUT the email said that if there is still something avail and they will try again.....

I wonder if I lost my shot....

Happy to say I am in the SF penthouse suite. 

Love the aft, even though deck 8

i can deal with bliss noise, if there is some. 

Have you ever lived with teenagers and dogs? 

I am a pro at blocking out the world. 

Back to the suite life for my DH and me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surprising info here.  Booked on a CAS comp in August on the Escape in a BA Balcony.  Prices had dropped so I called to see if I could upgrade to a Mini-Suite.  Here is what I was told:

• Too close to sailing to change rooms with no charge (IE free)
  • BA's are sold out but BC current rate $1379 so a BA is "worth more"
  • Current MA rate for mini suite is $1,379
  • Offered to pay for upgrade of $275pp or $550 total
  • I can bid $25-400pp
  • Asked about H5 offered to upgrade for $3,900 pp or $7,800 total
  • Current H5 price is $4,149 or $8,298 total
  • I can bid on H5 $500-2,000pp

Final assessment---I will bid and maybe call back for another CAS Rep because those "upgrade" prices do not jive

Edited by drvmywifecrzy

Won my bid from family mini suite to H5 suite on the June 9 Escape sailing. Bid $1010. Did a mock booking today and we saved around $900 through the bidding process. I feel like I may have overbid because we found out 6 days before sailing. Nonetheless, very very excited for our first Haven experience!

• Like 4

On 6/2/2019 at 8:28 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Yes I have that problem now too,I'm thinking maybe it's a result of ncl upgrade to their website this weekend since that website would "feed" to other websites 

It’s working again for me.

Congratulations to all those that have won their bids!

20 hours ago, jq22 said:

Won my bid from family mini suite to H5 suite on the June 9 Escape sailing. Bid $1010. Did a mock booking today and we saved around $900 through the bidding process. I feel like I may have overbid because we found out 6 days before sailing. Nonetheless, very very excited for our first Haven experience!

Congrats, my wife and I are on the same cruise in a H5

1 hour ago, chapchap said:

Out of curiosity, is there a certain time of day bid acceptance notifications (and forbid-- rejections) get sent out?  

No I received acceptance, at 930, 1100ish, 1230ish and most recently exactly at 200pm 50 hours before sailing for the 2pm, I’ve never been rejected but based on reading this thread the rejection emails come out between 2pm and 5pm 2 days before sailing 

Lots of pages to read through, haven't found the answer just yet. 

Has anyone already had a Haven cabin (e.g. - HA Haven family villa on Joy) and received, bid and / or won an upgrade to the 2BR family suite or the owners suite? Curious whether that happens and if so around what costs.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:10 AM, RYMOMA said:

What did you end up bidding? 

4 minutes ago, phissy said:

What did you end up bidding? 

I put in 910 pp

was happy since we are back in a suite....yes I am a suite snob 

i believe I still saved money by booking a balcony GTY and getting the upgrade, than booking a suite outright. Also the perks I have by my original booking make it worth it...

definitly would do again. 

7 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I look on NCL.com   These all had rooms yesterday.  Clearly they have upgraded some people as they were not miraculously sold in one day

image.png.15802fbeff5befd4f90c8f0214108966.png

Maybe, maybe not.  I've seen inventory pop in and out of availability MANY times when watching for my upgrades.  I wouldn't put too much stock in it at the moment, especially with the IT issues going on.  I've been upgraded into categories that have shown as sold out.  It could be that they are starting the upgrading now, for sure, but it doesn't mean that everything was upgraded completely already for a July cruise, if a category shows as sold out.

35 minutes ago, cyndepet said:

NCL Joy sailing 6/8, booked in H5 and got our sorry emails for H4 (bid &1400 pp which was strong bid) and DOS (bid 2500 pp which was max bid). I didn’t think we’d get either 🙂

We got our no for the Garden Villa on the Pearl today. Didn’t think we’d get it, but we were hopeful! 

We won our upgrade bid from a spa mini suite (M9) to a Haven forward facing suite (H7)  on the June 16 Escape sailing.

Winning bid $900 p/p.

This was not our highest bid.  We bid higher ($1000 - 1250  per person)  on the other Haven categories {Haven Spa (H9), Haven Aft Facing Suite (H6), and Haven Courtyard (H5)}.   

Not sure how algorithm works but we are excited to get the upgrade to the H7.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CODcruiser said:

We won our upgrade bid from a spa mini suite (M9) to a Haven forward facing suite (H7)  on the June 16 Escape sailing.

Winning bid $900 p/p.

This was not our highest bid.  We bid higher ($1000 - 1250  per person)  on the other Haven categories {Haven Spa (H9), Haven Aft Facing Suite (H6), and Haven Courtyard (H5)}.   

Not sure how algorithm works but we are excited to get the upgrade to the H7.

So about 10 days out

I just got an email regarding my June 30th cruise.  It says that due to a change in my reservation my upgrade bids were canceled.  I checked my reservation and it still says OV with no room assignment.  Any idea why I was canceled even though no changes were made.  I did add the $25.00 insurance yesterday?

On 6/3/2019 at 1:10 PM, RYMOMA said:

if dawn or star on 8 aft it will be bass.