What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Tinyturtle22 said:

There is no longer a 48 hour window. If you read the newest terms and conditions in your upgrade email you will see it says

Important Information
NCL reserves the right to not accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of NCL. NCL reserves the right to accept any offer from the time it is submitted to the departure date and time.”

As well as on the website.https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

#5 “ANY TIME before the sail date.”

I have been upgraded as late as the evening before departure and know others who have been as well.

Thank you for the updated information this changed since my last sailing, I've never gotten a denial email anyhow, always been lucky enough to win my upgrade.

Ok, I was just notified at 12:12pm EDT today, Thursday for my NCL Escape cruise to Bermuda on Sunday of my upgrade to the H5 Haven.  There was relatively high inventory available in the Haven on this week. We bid $840pp for the H5 (accepted) and $1360pp for the H4 (rejected). Both bids were at the minimum of fair on the scale. I was originally booked in a SPA balcony and we are both Platinum members. I think it comes down to the amount of the Bid, If I had been upgraded earlier I would say my Platinum status weighed in.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jsmjovi said:

We bid $115 pp on a balcony for the Joy that leaves Seattle this Saturday and it was accepted.  Super thrilled as we were in an inside.

Congratulations!   That's a great deal.   Enjoy your cruise😎

• Like 1

Bid $60 ocean view (for 2 cabins) yesterday for Joy leaving Saturday and won both. Excited since we are traveling with grandkids and the inside guarantees we received were on 2 different decks. Grandpa and I were going to separate and each bunk with a grandchild. Ocean view cabins we won are next to each other and connecting. Life on this cruise will now be much easier. 

• Like 8

I have scrolled through pages and pages but haven't found the answer to my question so forgive me if this has been asked already... we are booked on a back to back and I was wondering if they take into consideration that we wouldn't want to change cabins mid cruise if we only get the upgrade for one leg....that would stink.

I suppose if we had our balcony for the first leg and then got to move to a suite for the second leg that would be ok, but the other way around would be rather depressing...

Also, if you win your bid can you decline it or do you have to stick with it?

7 minutes ago, hadleysun said:

I have scrolled through pages and pages but haven't found the answer to my question so forgive me if this has been asked already... we are booked on a back to back and I was wondering if they take into consideration that we wouldn't want to change cabins mid cruise if we only get the upgrade for one leg....that would stink.

I suppose if we had our balcony for the first leg and then got to move to a suite for the second leg that would be ok, but the other way around would be rather depressing...

I can only answer the second question. Once they accept your bid, it is a done deal. No changing your mind.

52 minutes ago, hadleysun said:

I don't think the fact you are booked on B2B would factor in. They would consider upgrades for each sailing individually. The upgrade process is handled through a third party vendor called "PlusGrade" and when you submit a bid, a bunch of info about you and your current booking IS sent over, but I don't think the fact that you are booked B2B is one of those data points.

• Like 1

Bid on balcony and mini suite from oceanview on the Greek isles trip on the Star.  Heard just now for cruise on Sunday both were declined.  Bid $165pp on balcony and $205pp on minisuite.  Oh well this is first time cruising with NCL and I didn’t even know bid process existed when I booked cabin so obviously we are still happy with what we booked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

It seems to me her hesitation is valid. What if her bid is accepted for week 1 but not for week 2? She would “downgrade” from her week 1 experience which is her concern. 

Oh, I agree. I just don't think the current system makes any accommodation for this situation, which is unfortunate. It's an automated system and I just don't think B2B bookings are factored into the algorithm that is used at all.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Oh, I agree. I just don't think the current system makes any accommodation for this situation, which is unfortunate. It's an automated system and I just don't think B2B bookings are factored into the algorithm that is used at all.

Oh, ok. I understand. I agree with you, it would be nice if it did.

30 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Oh, ok. I understand. I agree with you, it would be nice if it did.

Thanks you guys!  That was what I figured... I will be really sad if I get the suite for the first leg and then have to move down the second leg, but I guess some is better than none! LOL :classic_biggrin:

I also would wonder if I won the bids for both legs if it might be two different suites and I would end up moving in the middle... oh the drama..:classic_blush: It's almost too much! LOL

Edited by hadleysun
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hadleysun said:

Thanks you guys!  That was what I figured... I will be really sad if I get the suite for the first leg and then have to move down the second leg, but I guess some is better than none! LOL :classic_biggrin:

I also would wonder if I won the bids for both legs if it might be two different suites and I would end up moving in the middle... oh the drama..:classic_blush: It's almost too much! LOL

17 minutes ago, hadleysun said:

Instead of bidding on both legs, why not double up on the second week to increase your chances? 

48 minutes ago, Waverunner1 said:

Instead of bidding on both legs, why not double up on the second week to increase your chances? 

I didn't really consider that, but not a bad idea...I think I'll just leave all as is and just hope for the best. The cruise says all the suites are sold out anyway...now I know that is not necessarily true but it makes me feel less anxious! hahaha

Hi! Sailing Tuesday on the Getaway and currently have a Spa Balcony.  We submitted an upgrade offer for three different Haven cabins.  

My question is:  If I already paid for a 4-meal dinner plan (it was not one of my Free at Sea options), does that payment get refunded to me it I get a Haven upgrade which includes all Free at Sea options?

I could not find it in the fine print anywhere....thanks, in advance, for answering!!

1 hour ago, benkon said:

Hi! Sailing Tuesday on the Getaway and currently have a Spa Balcony.  We submitted an upgrade offer for three different Haven cabins.  

My question is:  If I already paid for a 4-meal dinner plan (it was not one of my Free at Sea options), does that payment get refunded to me it I get a Haven upgrade which includes all Free at Sea options?

I could not find it in the fine print anywhere....thanks, in advance, for answering!!

If you get upgraded thru your upgrade as advantage bid no you do not get additional perks, you only get your original perks plus you will lose your spa access unless you get upgraded to spa haven.  If you google  ncl upgrade advantage ffq questions it will also explain in more details

1 hour ago, cmirandablue said:

I put in a bid for an upgrade for a balcony on the Jade for a 8/1 sailing.  I had to get a new CC, so the one I used for the bid doesn't work anymore.  Does anyone know if/how to change the CC I used for the bid?

You should cancel your existing bids and enter new ones.