What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Normal majority of bids awarded 3 to 5 business days prior to sailing, yes some earlier but normal for your situation is still 7 days or more away good luck!

Thanks patience was never my strong point. 

2 hours ago, Anonymoussol said:

It really is a big window. Some People have bids accepted 80 days out. some have them 48 hours before cruise..But for the most part, I would say 65 to 75% of people get accepted the 2 weeks before the cruise. 

Most likely depends on how busy your cruise is. 

Sorry I meant the email, not award. Lots of availability on ours at present , only Extra large balcony and front facing penthouse showing as sold out 🤔 when do they usually start to get full...are longer cruises ( ours is 9 nights) usually less crowded ? 

1 hour ago, ppcox said:

Thanks patience was never my strong point. 

Me neither but I try and look at it from a business $$$$ point of view, their are so many variables on each sailing to consider, plus I’m sure they have the data mining now that shows often people up their bid close to sailing, so I think that might even play into the complicated variables.

thats why I track my sailings very closely on supply/demand not just my category but all categories because they all can have effect on receiving not receiving upgrade.

of all my upgrades that I have won, the one we’re I started lowering my bid about two weeks before sailing when I realized ship was not full was my best deal.  Probably won’t happen again, it was right after the 2017 hurricanes on the escape and our itinerary was completely changed, at one point I had my bid from ocean view to mini suite at 225, but I daily lowered it when I saw so much inventory and I received my upgrade 5 days before sailing for 140.  I was very happy with that deal.  Good luck and be patient no matter what you’ll be on vacation 

Yesterday I did a mock booking and it showed my 9/1 cruise as everything except Haven sold out. 

This afternoon I checked again and it's now showing Inside, Mini-Suite and Haven available...

Does this mean they're upgrading folks?

I haven't heard anything yet, but still have another 12 days to go.

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Me neither but I try and look at it from a business $$$$ point of view, their are so many variables on each sailing to consider, plus I’m sure they have the data mining now that shows often people up their bid close to sailing, so I think that might even play into the complicated variables.

thats why I track my sailings very closely on supply/demand not just my category but all categories because they all can have effect on receiving not receiving upgrade.

of all my upgrades that I have won, the one we’re I started lowering my bid about two weeks before sailing when I realized ship was not full was my best deal.  Probably won’t happen again, it was right after the 2017 hurricanes on the escape and our itinerary was completely changed, at one point I had my bid from ocean view to mini suite at 225, but I daily lowered it when I saw so much inventory and I received my upgrade 5 days before sailing for 140.  I was very happy with that deal.  Good luck and be patient no matter what you’ll be on vacation 

That was a really good deal! 

22 minutes ago, yellownovawife said:

Sailing on the Bliss on September 15. Got upgraded today to a spa mini-suite for $130pp. 

I'm so happy!!

Upgraded from what? I'm interested in upgrading from a balcony to a spa balcony on the encore in January. 

Edited by bkrickles1

I am sure everyone here is sick of hearing from me, but just as an update—still waiting to hear about my bid for Pride of America August 31. In the last 24 hours, balconies have now been labeled “sold out” and three suites (out of 21) are no longer available—wish there was a way to know whether those were new bookings or upgrades! 

• Like 1

I just got my bid accepted from Mini suite to spa mini suite for our Sept 14 Baltic cruise. Pretty sure I just did the minimum bid since it was around the same as the price of a spa pass. I had been eyeing the 2 bedroom suites on ***** for weeks and there are still a bunch available. Oh well. The spa mini suite price must have dropped, but I don't even want to look. LOL. 

• Like 1

just got rejected twice, august 25 breakaway sailing -- literally 50 hours before departure.

CAS comped inside to:

balcony at 60pp

spa balcony at 140pp

someone on another site was talking about how he got a free upgrade from an inside to a spa balcony several weeks ago without even asking for it.  and yet my 140pp was rejected.  really makes you feel good about your cruise, NCL.

4 minutes ago, Annul said:

just got rejected twice, august 25 breakaway sailing -- literally 50 hours before departure.

CAS comped inside to:

balcony at 60pp

spa balcony at 140pp

someone on another site was talking about how he got a free upgrade from an inside to a spa balcony several weeks ago without even asking for it.  and yet my 140pp was rejected.  really makes you feel good about your cruise, NCL.

You got a comp cruise, and not happy did get a  low cost upgrade because someone else claims they got a free multi-level upgrade????

Not saying that free upgrades are never given anymore, but they are like unicorns.   You don't know if story is true(likely not true)  or if there are other factors.

I saw that oceanview cabins on POA are now the same as what we paid for an inside cabin. I had already submitted a bid for OV and balcony but I guess I'm impatient. So I called my TA and he called NCL. I now have an Oceanview for no additional cost and have cancelled my (measly) $50 bid for OV. I still have my bid in place for balcony but I'm  happy with the OV as I know it is slightly larger and will be on a lower deck (I was on 11th with our interior). I get to keep my OBC from the TA too.

• Like 1

I just logged in to my sailing and the have the upgrade window available. I am currently book in a haven spa suite. I notice i have a choice of 3 room categories available (Deluxe owners suite, Owners suite and 2 bedroom family suite-all haven categories)

When i booked my trip 2 weeks ago both the owners suite and the 2 bedroom suite said sold out. If i do a mock booing it still shows those 2 categories as sold out. So not really sure how the can offer those to me? Any ideas on why they would be available?

On 8/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, yellownovawife said:

We had a mini suite and we bid on a spa mini suite. 

We are in Ocean view and bid for a spa balcony and/ or spa mini suite. If they are data mining well there is not  much information they can get from us, on our past 3 cruises we have made the same bids and we never get the upgrade LOL..I refuse to bid for a spa balcony or spa mini suite more than the spa pass is worth, maybe that is why i never get the upgrade?. :-)....I have been told there is nothing special with the spa balcony or spa mini suite other than getting you into the Thermal suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmm8631 said:

I just logged in to my sailing and the have the upgrade window available. I am currently book in a haven spa suite. I notice i have a choice of 3 room categories available (Deluxe owners suite, Owners suite and 2 bedroom family suite-all haven categories)

When i booked my trip 2 weeks ago both the owners suite and the 2 bedroom suite said sold out. If i do a mock booing it still shows those 2 categories as sold out. So not really sure how the can offer those to me? Any ideas on why they would be available?

Perhaps they are leaving options open for somebody cancelling.  It does happen.  

10 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Perhaps they are leaving options open for somebody cancelling.  It does happen.  

Maybe the system is configured to offer tthe next 3 categories irrelevant of availability so in essence unles there is a cancellation you could only be upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gmm8631 said:

Just in case someone in Owners Suite upgrades to deluxe owners suite that would open up an owners suite, also true if someone in 2 bedroom suite bids up.

I'm sailing on the Joy for 12 nights on 10-27-2019. Currently in booked in mini suite.

I'd like to get into the haven. The bidding range is from $500 pp to $2000 pp.

I'm a solo traveler so I need to pay double. There is lots of inventory available on this sailing. I'd like an idea on what to bid. Anyone have success with a Haven bid?