What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

19 minutes ago, xcell said:

Xmas Bliss Cruise -- minisuite to (min bids pp)

- H2: $2670

- H4: $1670

- H6: $1005

- H8: $535

- H7: $535

- Spa MiniSuite: $105

Not sure if I want to bid or not, curious if anyone in a Balcony (not minisuite) has similar options...

Surprise to see no bids for H5!  Often H5s are available for upgrade since they are smaller Haven suites.  

7 hours ago, xcell said:

Xmas Bliss Cruise -- minisuite to (min bids pp)

- H2: $2670

- H4: $1670

- H6: $1005

- H8: $535

- H7: $535

- Spa MiniSuite: $105

Not sure if I want to bid or not, curious if anyone in a Balcony (not minisuite) has similar options...

I am on the following cruise of the Bliss departing on 12/28 in an H8 which is the connecting Forward Facing. I expect it to be similar in terms of minimum bids. Right now, Haven is completely sold out, but I still plan to bid to possibly get into the H5. I was too late and could only get the H8 as everything else was completely gone (really shocks me). 

Rob

On 9/30/2019 at 8:59 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

They might not participate any longer, I would work with them to get what the problem is

So I phoned my TA who in turn called NCL, they told the TA they usually send the upgrade email however it depends on availability and it may be our Cruise is sold out , they said it is dealt with in the States.  I have checked and nearly every balcony category has availability. The TA confirmed they have not opted out, 35 days away and still no offer, is it worth emailing NCL myself, can’t call as it says if you book via a TA they have to call 🙈

15 minutes ago, debgreg said:

So I phoned my TA who in turn called NCL, they told the TA they usually send the upgrade email however it depends on availability and it may be our Cruise is sold out , they said it is dealt with in the States.  I have checked and nearly every balcony category has availability. The TA confirmed they have not opted out, 35 days away and still no offer, is it worth emailing NCL myself, can’t call as it says if you book via a TA they have to call 🙈

Their is no one to email that I'm aware of, the only people ever successful have called, 

6 hours ago, romalley99 said:

I am on the following cruise of the Bliss departing on 12/28 in an H8 which is the connecting Forward Facing. I expect it to be similar in terms of minimum bids. Right now, Haven is completely sold out, but I still plan to bid to possibly get into the H5. I was too late and could only get the H8 as everything else was completely gone (really shocks me). 

Rob

Last I checked, there are still some Haven rooms available for a 2 person occupancy

H4 -- 2

H5 -- 7

H6 -- 1

H9 -- 1

For 4 people -- only the H4 (2) and H6 (1) are available.

2 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Their is no one to email that I'm aware of, the only people ever successful have called, 

I called NCL UK who said the upgrades are dealt with in Miami. I have emailed the place that sent me the upgrade email last time to see if they can help 🙈

DW and I booked a last minute trip on Escape for 10/20. Booked a GTY balcony with all the packages for $699 and the TA threw in prepaid gratuities and OBC too.

Before cabin got assigned I did an upgrade offer to mini suite for $25 pp.  Haven upgrades started at $500 pp, would be nice to be in the haven but not going to spend an extra grand!

We got our GTY assigned as a nice BB cabin on deck 13, with cabins above and below... not near stairs or any other noise source. When I saw that, I immediately canceled the mini suite offer because I did not want to trade a great location for something possibly less great, plus the extra couple of square feet on the mini suite was not too important for us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xcell said:

Last I checked, there are still some Haven rooms available for a 2 person occupancy

H4 -- 2

H5 -- 7

H6 -- 1

H9 -- 1

For 4 people -- only the H4 (2) and H6 (1) are available.

For New Year's? I am on the sailing after you. Right now, it's all sold out. I grabbed the last H8 a few weeks ago. 

We are sailing on the Norwegian Sky on the 2nd of Nov. I realized that there's very, very few cabins on this ship above Oceanview that can accommodate four people. All of the balconies are three people and many of the suites are too. I bid on a suite but not expecting to get it, as there are only two left that can accommodate our family. It's actually not a very full ship, lots of balconies still available. Also there doesn't appear to be connecting balconies or oceanviews on this ship? I'm beginning to think maybe I should've booked two balcony rooms, not sure if I can still change it at this stage.

I had placed some bids on my Dec 8-15 cruise on the Joy.  I was bidding between $1200-1500pp (good range).  It seemed like in the last week that a few categories on my cruise dropped off in the Haven class, so I broke down and spoke to my TA and just went ahead and upgraded to a H8, ended up being for about $2700 more (total).  I was hoping for something IN the Haven, but I will gladly take this suite. I think there is only one H8 left on my cruise on Deck 9.  I upgraded from a minisuite midship connecting on Deck 10.

You only live once, right?  Actually, this is my treat to myself for getting a promotion at work.  I am going solo.

Will I get 2 latitudes points per night, or would I get 3?  I heard that you get one just for being there, then one additional for solo and then one for booking a suite full fare.  Not sure if they cut it off at some point.

Looking forward to my cruise!

I realized that I was an idiot and there are actually many connecting rooms on the Sky. I called NCL and they got us switched into two connecting balcony rooms for $1200 more, which is what I was bidding for a penthouse suite. While we won't get the VIP treatment, we'll have almost as much space and my kids will each have separate beds, which will be even better. I went and withdrew my bids.

4 hours ago, cloudsail said:

I realized that I was an idiot and there are actually many connecting rooms on the Sky. I called NCL and they got us switched into two connecting balcony rooms for $1200 more, which is what I was bidding for a penthouse suite. While we won't get the VIP treatment, we'll have almost as much space and my kids will each have separate beds, which will be even better. I went and withdrew my bids.

So you moved from a 4 person room into two connecting rooms for 2 persons in each room?  And this was done after final payment without penalties?

5 hours ago, xcell said:

So you moved from a 4 person room into two connecting rooms for 2 persons in each room?  And this was done after final payment without penalties?

Yes. I gather it was complicated, because the first customer rep had to transfer me to someone else, and the second rep put me on hold for a really long time. But both were super helpful and determined that I get what I wanted without paying penalties. From what they said, I gather this was entirely due to the fact that I wanted to give them more money.

Oh, and we did three people in one room and one person in the other. With the "free third and fourth guest" offer, this was slightly cheaper than two and two.

Yeah, they were both super nice. The last time I sailed NCL was eight years ago and I've never been in a connecting room, so I had a lot of questions. The second rep not only answered my questions but volunteered information to put my mind at rest, such as telling me about child locks on the balcony doors. She also put in a birthday celebration for my daughter, who will be turning seven in the middle of the cruise. She told us about the free internet, the port excursions, asked about our flights, etc., etc. She might've been a supervisor, because the first rep transferred me to her after she couldn't figure out how to switch our cabins. (I didn't have to ask for the transfer, the first rep was certain the change was fine, she just didn't know how to do it.)

18 minutes ago, rccllovergirl said:

Do you have to get an e mail from NCL in order to be able to place the bid?  If i did not get such e mail then does it mean bidding is not available? 

Sometimes it's on your "my vacation home" page.

5 hours ago, xcell said:

Sometimes it's on your "my vacation home" page.

We didn’t get an email and when I enquires I was told not everyone does 😔 and being in the UK we don’t have the option to pay the difference between what we paid and what a balcony is now 😳 even though there is lots of availability 

Hi all!  First time post and new to this forum so take it easy on me please 🙂  We're going to be sailing on the encore in December of this year and am currently booked in a connecting balcony stateroom on deck 9 (family of 4).  I've received the bid upgrade email and was contemplating throwing a few bids in.  It wasn't clear to me (after reading through previous posts etc) how the prepaid gratuities work if we were to bid on a haven suite.  Do we have to pay more top top those off?  Some people have said yes, some have said no so was curious if there was a definitive answer.  I prefer to avoid surprises and want to be able to walk off the ship with no extra charges etc.  

As well, i was thinking about putting in an offer for a spa suite... do people have strong feelings one way or the other regarding the spa?    Appreciate any insight your could provide.  Thanks in advance 🙂