What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 minute ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks All Ready.

Therefore if I don't want to possibly be below a noisy area I should probably stick with the cabin/category I have, seeing as how he noisy staterooms will generally be chosen last? Is this correct?

Again, sorry but what is FAS?

YQW (you're quite welcome) FAS (Free at Sea) promotions 

Yes, I would stick with what you have if you're a bit fussy (nothing wrong with being fussy BTW). 

4 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks All Ready.

Therefore if I don't want to possibly be below a noisy area I should probably stick with the cabin/category I have, seeing as how he noisy staterooms will generally be chosen last? Is this correct?

Upgrades don't necessarily mean the dregs. Could be a perfectly good cabin that is now vacant because someone canceled or got upgraded.  But if you are picky, it is a risk.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Upgrades don't necessarily mean the dregs. Could be a perfectly good cabin that is now vacant because someone canceled or got upgraded.  But if you are picky, it is a risk.

Yes, I'm picky! I think I'll just stay with what I've got. Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

YQW (you're quite welcome) FAS (Free at Sea) promotions 

Yes, I would stick with what you have if you're a bit fussy (nothing wrong with being fussy BTW). 

Thanks once again- I'm a "noise sensitive" and understand there's no guarantee the cabin I have won't noisy, at least that cabin is cabins above and below.

Done too many "chairs scraping from above" back long ago. 30 years back even had a clogging group onboard who practiced all hours.

Thanks!  Nancy

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

I placed a bid at about 80 days out, it was accepted at 67 days out.  OV (OA, picture window) to balcony, bid just barely into fair category.  All OV on the cruise appeared to be sold out at the time.  Another person on the same cruise with OV (not sure which category) also won their bid (poor I think).

Just made a bid on a cruise at 110 days out - still have over 100 days to wait on that one.

When is your cruise? I'm 50 days out.

I'm a regular on Oceania, owned by NCL. It works just the opposite on O. They contact you with an offer of what they can offer, and you can negotiate. Nice as you know where you stand. Waiting for them to change their standard operating procedure to align with NCL's.

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Yes, I'm picky! I think I'll just stay with what I've got. Thanks!!!

Thanks once again- I'm a "noise sensitive" and understand there's no guarantee the cabin I have won't noisy, at least that cabin is cabins above and below.

Done too many "chairs scraping from above" back long ago. 30 years back even had a clogging group onboard who practiced all hours.

Thanks!  Nancy

If you are bidding to get an M, S or H, check your ship deck plans.  Some ships may have ALL those cabins located in the "sandwich floor" (cabins above and below you ) so you may have actually have a guarantee that your cabin will be not noisy.

Just now, lixogab said:

If you are bidding to get an M, S or H, check your ship deck plans.  Some ships may have ALL those cabins located in the "sandwich floor" (cabins above and below you ) so you may have actually have a guarantee that your cabin will be not noisy.

yes, I have a sandwich floor, but you never know how your neighbors are going to be- blasting TV's and slamming doors etc! Good start with a sandwich cabin. Thanks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Upgrade and bid email just happened - I still have about 60 days on upgraded cruise and 100+ on the other.

OK so mid March, thanks. Congratulations we are 50 days out but nothing yet.

Edited by Nola26

5 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks All Ready.

Free at Sea perks/packages such as the dinning, drink, wifi and shore excursion perks.

I can't believe how high the starting bidding is for the Breakaway on Feb 1 - Western Caribbean is! I went to look at the numbers and for a 2-bed Haven family (we are currently BB) they are in CDN dollars (pp, obvz):

Low: $1635 - $2015

Fair: 2025 - 2415

Good: 2425 - 2855

Strong: 2865 - 3265

Excellent: 3275 - 3595

Right now that same room can be booked on the website for $2273 CDN pp as it's had a steep price drop.

Edited by TsTucker

24 minutes ago, TsTucker said:

I can't believe how high the starting bidding is for the Breakaway on Feb 1 - Western Caribbean is! I went to look at the numbers and for a 2-bed Haven family (we are currently BB) they are in CDN dollars (pp, obvz):

Low: $1635 - $2015

Fair: 2025 - 2415

Good: 2425 - 2855

Strong: 2865 - 3265

Excellent: 3275 - 3595

Right now that same room can be booked on the website for $2273 CDN pp as it's had a steep price drop.

Yes, always a good idea to know how much it would cost to upgrade by calling and just paying the difference.  

Hello! Booked our first cruise at 93 days and within a week got the email to upgrade.  Booked a balcony and the minimum bid for mini suite was $25/pp and for suite is $400/pp.  My question is:  As we get closer to sailing date, if rooms don't fill up, will they reduce the minimum build for the suite lower than $400/pp? (On the Sun if that matters) THANKS!

27 minutes ago, heidilee2003 said:

Hello! Booked our first cruise at 93 days and within a week got the email to upgrade.  Booked a balcony and the minimum bid for mini suite was $25/pp and for suite is $400/pp.  My question is:  As we get closer to sailing date, if rooms don't fill up, will they reduce the minimum build for the suite lower than $400/pp? (On the Sun if that matters) THANKS!

No, the bid level are unlikely to lower. However, keeping your eye on the actual price is a good idea.  Do not post what you decide to bid. The glorified balconies (minisuies) on the Sun are nice compared to some other ship's minisuites.  Good luck if you decide to bid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They will not reduce the bid price.  Based on the category you booked, understand that people who are already booked in mini suites have an upgrade offer also.  Norwegian wants to make as much money on a sailing as possible, so the farther you are from the category you want to bid on, if you really want the upgrade, you need to bid more, while watching prices and still saving money

• Like 1

Do they notify you if you didn't win the upgrade bid? We sail in 3 days and haven't heard anything.  It looks like the mini suites are sold out so I figured we didn't get that but still wondering about balcony since they still have those available.

26 minutes ago, irish9 said:

Do they notify you if you didn't win the upgrade bid? We sail in 3 days and haven't heard anything.  It looks like the mini suites are sold out so I figured we didn't get that but still wondering about balcony since they still have those available.

Yes, you should get an email 48 hrs prior to sailing.

Just got an upgrade offer for a 4200 Square Foot Three Bedroom Villa from NCL

There are only two of us.

Clearly I am not interested, but if you bid the minimum ($2500) and won it would be a significant discount. Hopefully someone with more bodies can take advantage.