What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 2/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, projectorguy1 said:

just got my 340pp bid accepted on the 2/22 Escape sailing - from an inside to a spa balcony!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

Congrats.   What 'range' was the 340 in .. poor, fair, good or excellent?

Thanks

You guys!  I am freaking out!

I sail out on the Sky on Wednesday.  It just hit me that I was approaching the 48 hour mark, so I went to check my bids.

My Balcony bid said "expired" but my Oceanview bid said "Processing."  So I got excited, and started reviewing everything.  I refreshed the page, and it changed to "Unable to Upgrade."  I got my rejection emails shortly after.

What happened?!?!?!  Has anyone seen this before?  It just seems like a weird point of limbo where I got accepted and rejected at the same time?

Edited by Bitten10
said the wrong day

27 minutes ago, Bitten10 said:

You guys!  I am freaking out!

I sail out on the Sky on Wednesday.  It just hit me that I was approaching the 48 hour mark, so I went to check my bids.

My Balcony bid said "expired" but my Oceanview bid said "Processing."  So I got excited, and started reviewing everything.  I refreshed the page, and it changed to "Unable to Upgrade."  I got my rejection emails shortly after.

What happened?!?!?!  Has anyone seen this before?  It just seems like a weird point of limbo where I got accepted and rejected at the same time?

Could your credit card have expired or been otherwise rejected? They will usually send an email and give you a time to submit another one, but since they waited until the last day, maybe they didn't have time.

21 minutes ago, 5onadime said:

I deleted the email with the link to upgrade...  ( so that I wouldn’t be tempted) now I have changed my mind🤣.  Is there anyway to do this on the NCL site without the email link?   Do they ever send a second email?

Yes, the should be an email on your NCL page and also when I’m logged in it says something along the lines of, Let’s get you upgraded.”

• Like 1

I have read through many pages of this thread and I think my question may have been answered, but now I can’t find it. I was originally booked in an inside (IB) cabin and received an offer to bid on an OV and Balcony. I placed a bid on the Balcony and I have been watching prices. When I noticed that prices have dropped, I called NCL to ask about upgrading and paying the difference for a Balcony or Mini-Suite (at 79 days to go).  The price they gave me was still much more than my bid and more than I wanted to pay, but they did offer me a complimentary upgrade (at no extra cost) to a Family OV with picture window (IB 01). The representative told me that my bid would still stay active for the Balcony. I took the free upgrade and my new OV cabin number is reflected on my NCL account.  When I check my bid for the balcony it is still showing pending, but my room number is still showing as my old inside cabin.

Does anyone know if and when the system will update and give me the opportunity to bid on a mini-suite? Will the balcony bid be cancelled and make me place a new balcony bid? Has anyone still won a bid upgrade this way? Thanks in advance!

53 minutes ago, Linda1111 said:

I have read through many pages of this thread and I think my question may have been answered, but now I can’t find it. I was originally booked in an inside (IB) cabin and received an offer to bid on an OV and Balcony. I placed a bid on the Balcony and I have been watching prices. When I noticed that prices have dropped, I called NCL to ask about upgrading and paying the difference for a Balcony or Mini-Suite (at 79 days to go).  The price they gave me was still much more than my bid and more than I wanted to pay, but they did offer me a complimentary upgrade (at no extra cost) to a Family OV with picture window (IB 01). The representative told me that my bid would still stay active for the Balcony. I took the free upgrade and my new OV cabin number is reflected on my NCL account.  When I check my bid for the balcony it is still showing pending, but my room number is still showing as my old inside cabin.

Does anyone know if and when the system will update and give me the opportunity to bid on a mini-suite? Will the balcony bid be cancelled and make me place a new balcony bid? Has anyone still won a bid upgrade this way? Thanks in advance!

There are probably as many possibilities with your scenario as there are comments on this CC thread.  It appears that bids are most likely sent out based on inventory, so since you are in a new situation, there are no guarantees that they want you to move up.  I moved from balcony to mini-suite (no charge, similar to your situation) and I got a new offer to bid shortly afterwards.  It was a new offer - but I never looked to check the status of the old one.

For a different cruise I won a bid from OV to balcony (110 days out) and have not gotten a new upgrade offer - but I'm not really expecting one.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

There are probably as many possibilities with your scenario as there are comments on this CC thread.  It appears that bids are most likely sent out based on inventory, so since you are in a new situation, there are no guarantees that they want you to move up.  I moved from balcony to mini-suite (no charge, similar to your situation) and I got a new offer to bid shortly afterwards.  It was a new offer - but I never looked to check the status of the old one.

For a different cruise I won a bid from OV to balcony (110 days out) and have not gotten a new upgrade offer - but I'm not really expecting one.

Thanks for your response and congrats on your upgrades! 110 days out - WOW.  I hope that I haven’t lessened my chances at a bid upgrade to a balcony or mini-suite by taking the ocean view. There are still quite a few ocean views available, but there are also quite a few mini-suites and balconies available too. I guess I’m back to the waiting game, but at least in a little better cabin with no extra cost.

Edited by Linda1111
typo

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

110 days out. Boy that’s going to screw up the logarithms.

43 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Currently in a balcony, looking at a spa mini suite.  Even a "good" bid (let alone a "strong" or "excellent" one) would be more than it would cost to just upgrade outright.  Is this normal? 

Yeah, I noticed that too. That seems to be a good way to maximize revenues!! 🤑

1 hour ago, Bananas27 said:

I'm sailing 2/22 on the Breakaway and haven't heard anything.

That's the way it worked for us last time. They'll let you know on 2/20 either way. Though I think they release some upgrades at 14 days. (I believe it was JamieLogical, who seems to really have a grasp of the process, that said that). Look her up....she's smart!

4 minutes ago, colecandler said:

(I believe it was JamieLogical, who seems to really have a grasp of the process, that said that). Look her up....she's smart!

I agree!  JamieLogical is one of my favorite CC'ers!  

Now if I could just have one of her spreadsheets to do my upgrade bidding!  LOL

1 hour ago, Bananas27 said:

I'm sailing 2/22 on the Breakaway and haven't heard anything.

Typically people seem to get acceptances 3-5 days prior to sailing. Some don't hear until the last possible moment (48 hours prior to sailing). It does happen that people receive acceptances weeks out, but that is rare.

4 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

I agree!  JamieLogical is one of my favorite CC'ers!  

Now if I could just have one of her spreadsheets to do my upgrade bidding!  LOL

If you are sailing on the same cruise as me, I would happily share my spreadsheets. Making them for sailings I am not actually going on myself is WAY too much work. Maybe I could start a side business and people could pay me to make spreadsheets for their sailings... 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fava said:

We don't need your spreadsheet.  We just need to know where you find out how many rooms are available.

I have disclosed that as best I can in multiple places on CC, including this thread. The challenge is that it is against the CC TOS to post links to TA sites. And most of the people who do follow my breadcrumbs and figure out what site it is are very very disappointed to learn that it is still a very manual process to count up the total rooms available in each category. You have to click into each category, copy/paste the list of room numbers into a line counter, and divide by 2, because it's double-spaced. It's exactly the same as trying to track inventory through mock bookings on NCL's site, it's just that it shows up to 100 available rooms in a category instead of only 15. Most people just aren't willing/able to do that much work on a continual basis to track inventory. Unfortunately, I know of no source available to the public that is going to give you inventory in any sort of easily accessible/readable format.

• Like 1