What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We bid in the lowest part of excellent and our bid was just accepted.  Went from a picture window ocean view to an aft facing balcony.  While the bid was high on the scale, it was much less that what it would have to directly upgrade.  We are thrilled!

Which ship and date?

20 hours ago, julig22 said:

There are probably as many possibilities with your scenario as there are comments on this CC thread.  It appears that bids are most likely sent out based on inventory, so since you are in a new situation, there are no guarantees that they want you to move up.  I moved from balcony to mini-suite (no charge, similar to your situation) and I got a new offer to bid shortly afterwards.  It was a new offer - but I never looked to check the status of the old one.

For a different cruise I won a bid from OV to balcony (110 days out) and have not gotten a new upgrade offer - but I'm not really expecting one.

Once you win a bid, you are done with the bidding process.  You will never get another offer to upgrade from an upgrade.

18 hours ago, Linda1111 said:

Thanks for your response and congrats on your upgrades! 110 days out - WOW.  I hope that I haven’t lessened my chances at a bid upgrade to a balcony or mini-suite by taking the ocean view. There are still quite a few ocean views available, but there are also quite a few mini-suites and balconies available too. I guess I’m back to the waiting game, but at least in a little better cabin with no extra cost.

Since you upgraded through a NCL agent and not the bidding process, you are still eligible to bid on upgrades.  Your upgrade offer will eventually update to show your new room, as well as give you the chance to bid on mini-suites in addition to balconies since you are now in a ocean view.

20 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I just did a mock booking for you ship sailing date, only thing even left are insides, and a couple of sail away balconies so your odds of upgrade are slim, enjoy your cruise

Thanks for checking that for me!  I booked an inside guarantee and was almost immediately assigned the very worst category inside on deck 5.  A week later I checked the prices and the inside guarantee had gone down over $300 for a cabin.  I called and all they offered me was a $70 total shipboard credit with still keeping deck 5.  I turned that down and my personal cruise consultant sent an email to his supervisor and suddenly we are on deck 12 so I'm happy about that.  I did learn that the manager on duty when you call can really vary in his or her "niceness".  

• Like 1

WARNING!!  WARNING!!  WARNING!!

I bid $200 for a room upgrade and was successful. Problem is, NCL charged my credit card for my $200 along with $200 for another cruise passenger. This happened  on 11/19/2019 and I am still trying to get straightened out. My bank was able to get a copy of the cruise confirmation for the other passengers showing my credit card number being applied for their payment. I have had to submit a fraud claim with my bank which required me to close that credit card and have a new one issued. Now I have to go thru the process of having automatic payments from utilities changed.

Bottom Line -  Someone at NCL screwed up and no one wants to take any responsibility.

4 minutes ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

I bid $200 for a room upgrade and was successful. Problem is, NCL charged my credit card for my $200 along with $200 for another cruise passenger. This happened  on 11/19/2019 and I am still trying to get straightened out. My bank was able to get a copy of the cruise confirmation for the other passengers showing my credit card number being applied for their payment. I have had to submit a fraud claim with my bank which required me to close that credit card and have a new one issued. Now I have to go thru the process of having automatic payments from utilities changed.

Bottom Line -  Someone at NCL screwed up and no one wants to take any responsibility.

I suspect it was someone at PlusGrade that screwed up, since they are the ones that collect and store your credit card info when placing a bid. But you are correct that something was very messed up there! Have you spoken to someone at PlusGrade?

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I suspect it was someone at PlusGrade that screwed up, since they are the ones that collect and store your credit card info when placing a bid. But you are correct that something was very messed up there! Have you spoken to someone at PlusGrade?

Plus Grade is new to me, never heard of it. Thanks, I will give that a try. Customer NO service is useless.

44 minutes ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

I don't think anyone screwed up.  It is pretty clear, the bid will be applied for the first two passengers in the cabin.  When you made the bid, you put in your credit card information.  I don't believe there is a way to do a split payment if the first two passengers are paying separately.

37 minutes ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

Plus Grade is new to me, never heard of it. Thanks, I will give that a try. Customer NO service is useless.

I have two upcoming cruises that I have active links for to submit upgrade bids. They go to https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/ which is a third-party site that handles the upgrade process for NCL. They are the ones that would have stored your bid info and charged your credit card, so definitely look into getting a hold of them.

1 minute ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I don't think anyone screwed up.  It is pretty clear, the bid will be applied for the first two passengers in the cabin.  When you made the bid, you put in your credit card information.  I don't believe there is a way to do a split payment if the first two passengers are paying separately.

No no. They were charged double-occupancy for two DIFFERENT rooms. One was for a couple in Chattanooga, TN that the poster doesn't even know. They posted about it on a different thread, so I can see why you aren't familiar with all of the details.

18 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

No no. They were charged double-occupancy for two DIFFERENT rooms. One was for a couple in Chattanooga, TN that the poster doesn't even know. They posted about it on a different thread, so I can see why you aren't familiar with all of the details.

Actually he commented on that other thread too.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Interesting.  Even still, if they bid $200 they will be charged $400.  Unless they are trying to say that they bid $100 and was charged $200 twice.

3 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Interesting.  Even still, if they bid $200 they will be charged $400.  Unless they are trying to say that they bid $100 and was charged $200 twice.

That is exactly what happened. They were charged for their own upgrade ($200 total/$100 pp) AND someone else's upgrade.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Most email address' I use bounce back. I was told by an NCL employee to send information to upgradetechissues@ncl.com.

at least this one went thru. I will update when I get a resolution.

The main reason I have posted this is the hope that someone at NCL is monitoring this site and to let others be aware that mistakes are made.

3 hours ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

Per your original post: I bid on a room upgrade on the NCL Encore on the 01/19/19 sailing. I bid $200 to upgrade to a mini-balcony and was successful. Herein lies the problem. NCL charged my credit card $200 for my bid along with an additional $200 for someone else's bid. I have been trying to straighten this out with NCL and my bank since 11/19 of last year.

So this happened well over a year ago (you don't say when your bid was accepted and processed)?  If those dates are correct, it's no wonder you are having issues getting it resolved.  As already said, bids are processed by a 3rd party, using the credit card information you provide when you place your bid.  Under normal circumstances your credit card would simply give you a credit and work with the vendor to resolve the issue.  But since so much time has passed, that may not be possible.  Good luck

Just now, julig22 said:

Per your original post: I bid on a room upgrade on the NCL Encore on the 01/19/19 sailing. I bid $200 to upgrade to a mini-balcony and was successful. Herein lies the problem. NCL charged my credit card $200 for my bid along with an additional $200 for someone else's bid. I have been trying to straighten this out with NCL and my bank since 11/19 of last year.

So this happened well over a year ago (you don't say when your bid was accepted and processed)?  If those dates are correct, it's no wonder you are having issues getting it resolved.  As already said, bids are processed by a 3rd party, using the credit card information you provide when you place your bid.  Under normal circumstances your credit card would simply give you a credit and work with the vendor to resolve the issue.  But since so much time has passed, that may not be possible.  Good luck

my mistake, cruise 01/19/2020

Just got an email from NCL saying they sincerely apologize and that the $200 will be credit back to me within 7-10 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDIRWINCPA said:

Most email address' I use bounce back. I was told by an NCL employee to send information to upgradetechissues@ncl.com.

at least this one went thru. I will update when I get a resolution.

The main reason I have posted this is the hope that someone at NCL is monitoring this site and to let others be aware that mistakes are made.

got and email from NCL within 2 hours stating they sincerely apologize for the issue and the refund will be credited back with 7-10 days.

thanks everyone for putting up with my rants and thanks for suggestions on how to resolve

On 2/8/2020 at 4:35 PM, agnesd said:

I guess I was kind of vague. The NCL Encore. We travel alone. Usually travel Oceania, Crystal and Viking. But cruised on the MSC Yacht Club with 5000 other pax. 

And it was fine. We are older than dirt but that doesn’t bother us. Just want own restaurant and lounge etc. 

we were in the yacht club on the MSC Seaside 01/04/20. Haven on Encore on 01/12/20. MSC has dedicated elevators for suite guests, Encore does not. We found the forward elevators on the Encore to be terrible, stopping on almost every floor.

The Haven costs about twice what the Yacht Club does. The Haven is nice, but not sure it is worth twice as much. Food on Haven is much superior to Yacht Club though. advantages and disadvantages to each.

• Like 1