What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

After my upgrade bid was accepted about 45 days out they mailed me luggage tags

You are sailing in the Haven with the upgrade which they send tags in the mail. They don't normally send for non-Haven cabins or non-suites.

I’m booked on the Bliss for an Alaska cruise on September 15. I booked an inside Sailaway. I bid $320 ($160 pp) for a balcony. I didn’t bid on an ocean view. Today, I got notification that my bid was accepted and I was assigned a BA balcony. I’m happy. It’s on deck 15, so there might be some noise from above, but it’s the same deck as the Observation Lounge which, I think, will be nice. I’ll bring earplugs. I probably bid too much, but it’s okay. I’m happy. Last year, on Princess, I paid $400 for an upsell to a balcony on an Alaska cruise in September. Quite similar and I’m paying less on the Bliss. Will they send new luggage tags?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You got that for an awesome price! I probably would have bid more. Congratulations and have fun!

I originally placed my upgrade bid on a Haven H7 cabin only. I’m now thinking if I bid also on an H5 and an H9 it would increase my chances. My cruise leaves on 9/23. How much would this increase my chances if I add the H5 & H9 bids?

They did Haven upsells today.

Has anyone on the 10/2 cruise reported winning anything yet?

I haven’t seen any posts about bid upgrades yet from that sailing....

I saw someone post they went to a minisuite. So maybe lower cabins? I can't bid. They say there is a tech issue with bidding when you are in a spa cabin

This past weekend my boyfriend and I booked the 9/28 sailing on the Gem to Canada and New England. We did a GTY Oceanview and were assigned an 8th deck picture window cabin in the back of the ship the very next day. We are thrilled with our room. We expected to get a low deck with an obstructed view. It’s his birthday, so I am considering bidding on a balcony or mini suite. He has never stayed in either. The ship seems to have plenty of space in it. Has anyone bid on this cruise? And if so, has your bid been accepted yet? I am thinking it might not take much to get upgraded as they are only asking for minimum bids of $25 and $50 at the present time.

This past weekend my boyfriend and I booked the 9/28 sailing on the Gem to Canada and New England. We did a GTY Oceanview and were assigned an 8th deck picture window cabin in the back of the ship the very next day. We are thrilled with our room. We expected to get a low deck with an obstructed view. It’s his birthday, so I am considering bidding on a balcony or mini suite. He has never stayed in either. The ship seems to have plenty of space in it. Has anyone bid on this cruise? And if so, has your bid been accepted yet? I am thinking it might not take much to get upgraded as they are only asking for minimum bids of $25 and $50 at the present time.

I was on the Gem to Canada/New England in June. We were initially in a GTY interior and bid up to a Balcony. We won our bid, but bid REALLY high, as there were only 10 balconies left in the final week before sailing. I think it was worth it to have the balcony. We actually got to see whales from it! Do mock bookings to try to determine how many balconies are remaining on your sailing. Remember, that the site will never show you more than 15 rooms in a category, so if you see 15 listed, that means there are likely more available. Bid what you are comfortable with and make sure you are actually saving money over upgrading outright by paying the full price difference.

JamieLogical, Thank you so much for your response! As of right now, there looks like there are a lot of balconies left. We think the ship is nowhere near full. There are all types of rooms all over the ship when doing mock bookings. So I think I am going to take your advice and bid for a balcony. My original thought was to bed for a mini suite, but half of those are under the buffet or pool deck, and I’m worried that it would be too much noise for us. Do you know if anyone has ever stayed in one of those and if they had a problem in the back of the ship? Thanks again!

JamieLogical, Thank you so much for your response! As of right now, there looks like there are a lot of balconies left. We think the ship is nowhere near full. There are all types of rooms all over the ship when doing mock bookings. So I think I am going to take your advice and bid for a balcony. My original thought was to bed for a mini suite, but half of those are under the buffet or pool deck, and I’m worried that it would be too much noise for us. Do you know if anyone has ever stayed in one of those and if they had a problem in the back of the ship? Thanks again!

You could put in bids for both. Maybe a lower hail-mary type bid for the mini-suite and a more serious bid for the balcony? I don't really know anything about the mini-suites on the Gem, but I didn't hear any complaints or anything in our roll call for my sailing.

When I look at the upgrade bids, the first screen says $500 pperson, but when I open it the slide scale is at $1000 pperson. Does that mean the current lowest bid is at $1000?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I purchase the thermal suite passes, then bid on a Haven spa suite and get the upgrade, can I get a refund on the thermal passes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read, yes if at least 24hrs in advance.[emoji6] Good luck!🤞

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

When I look at the upgrade bids, the first screen says $500 pperson, but when I open it the slide scale is at $1000 pperson. Does that mean the current lowest bid is at $1000?

Know one knows for sure, but IMO it’s their attempt to get you to bid more than minimum. Bid an amount (x2) that you’re comfortable with.

Has anyone had an upgrade accepted at the minimum bid? Looking at an H7 on the Escape.

Oh yeah, it happens, but few and far between. Plenty of reports of success with above minimum, but still well within the poor range. Good Luck!