What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

After you’ve logged in, click on “view vacation” and see if the “let’s get you upgraded” banner displays.

I don't see a "view vacation' anywhere. I see banners are after hitting "View Reservation" thou, should this be "view reservation" instead?

There is a "Vacation Summary" but there is not banners on that page.

The agency I use does not participate! Therefore, when sailing on NCL I book direct. I really do loVe Them Greatly as far as their service, amenities and group discounts.;)

they never offered us anything more than a $25 OBC, and their Princess prices are actually higher than the actual princess.com prices. So, no. Now I book directly.

Oh, and it's good to know they don't participate - I've made the right decision to book our first NCL cruise directly.

I don't see a "view vacation' anywhere. I see banners are after hitting "View Reservation" thou, should this be "view reservation" instead?

There is a "Vacation Summary" but there is not banners on that page.

besides the banner, it was one of the messages in the Inbox on NCL, once you log in.

Cool, thx. Nothing yet but 83 days out still.

Since my earlier post a few hours ago, the "let's get you upgraded" banner no longer appears (it did earlier this morning). But what also disappeared was the same "upgrade" message in my inbox that's been there for the past few weeks since we booked the cruise. Finally, I also noticed that NCL is no longer selling the cruise (departure Sept 30).

Since my earlier post a few hours ago, the "let's get you upgraded" banner no longer appears (it did earlier this morning). But what also disappeared was the same "upgrade" message in my inbox that's been there for the past few weeks since we booked the cruise. Finally, I also noticed that NCL is no longer selling the cruise (departure Sept 30).

You may be in one of the scenarios where bids are going to be processed early. If they close the cruise for bookings, they usually go ahead and process bids with what they have.

Were there arrows on either side of the window that that banner appeared ?

Little arrows i.e. < and > at the edge of the window.

Just highlighting other things you can do with your account

Getting Ready to Cruise

Dining Packages

Beverage Packages

and back to Upgrading

or your cruise is in some final stages of closing and bids are closed being processed ?

Were there arrows on either side of the window that that banner appeared ?

Little arrows i.e. < and > at the edge of the window.

Just highlighting other things you can do with your account

Getting Ready to Cruise

Dining Packages

Beverage Packages

and back to Upgrading

or your cruise is in some final stages of closing and bids are closed being processed ?

Yes, those options were there before the "upgrade" banner disappeared and are still there.

You may be in one of the scenarios where bids are going to be processed early. If they close the cruise for bookings, they usually go ahead and process bids with what they have.

Your theory was apparently spot on. As I was reading and posting to this thread, I received a text from AMEX alerting to a charge from NCL in the amount I bid for the upgrade.

Your screenname seems to fit you well. ;)

Your theory was apparently spot on. As I was reading and posting to this thread, I received a text from AMEX alerting to a charge from NCL in the amount I bid for the upgrade.

Your screenname seems to fit you well. ;)

Mind sharing what sailing you are on, what your original room was, and what you bid?

Congrats, by the way!

Mind sharing what sailing you are on, what your original room was, and what you bid?

Congrats, by the way!

I had posted my upgrade bid at the time I placed the bid, but it was on a different thread.

Bliss September 30. 5-night Pacific Coastal.

Booked an inside (cat ID) on August 30. Received invitation to bid on upgrade the following day. At the time of booking the difference between ID and BX was $300 per person. Placed bid at $125 (42% of $300). Also bid $135 on spa balcony. The bid meter indicated on the high side of poor.

Bid accepted today and given assignment in cat B1 aft-facing balcony.

(side story: We originally had booked the Pearl 5-night Pacific Coastal leaving one day later than the Bliss. The Pearl itinerary was then cancelled and we were notified in January. Tried to simply get our booking moved over to the Bliss but NCL wouldn't budge. At that time they were charging outrageous fares (IMO) for the Bliss and didn't want to take up precious space by protecting those on the now-cancelled Pearl. So we just forgot all about doing a coastal on NCL and went on with life. In the end, we have come up with a far better deal by waiting until 30 days prior when prices on Bliss came down to reasonable price levels.)

Edited by BEAV

We're booked in a group with the same amenities. We did receive an email offering us to bid for an upgrade, and we did participate. If our upgrade bid gets accepted, we will not lose our amenities.

Have you logged into your booking on NCL.com recently? If you are invited to bid on an upgrade, it will say so when you view your booking.

Thanks for the info. I do check my account regularly, but we are still 86 days out, so I think it is a bit early.

We're booked in a group with the same amenities. We did receive an email offering us to bid for an upgrade, and we did participate. If our upgrade bid gets accepted, we will not lose our amenities.

Have you logged into your booking on NCL.com recently? If you are invited to bid on an upgrade, it will say so when you view your booking.

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

I had posted my upgrade bid at the time I placed the bid, but it was on a different thread.

Bliss September 30. 5-night Pacific Coastal.

Booked an inside (cat ID) on August 30. Received invitation to bid on upgrade the following day. At the time of booking the difference between ID and BX was $300 per person. Placed bid at $125 (42% of $300). Also bid $135 on spa balcony. The bid meter indicated on the high side of poor.

Bid accepted today and given assignment in cat B1 aft-facing balcony.

It looks like the cancelled sailing really worked out well for you! Congrats!

"Dear Diane,

Thank you for emailing the website technical support department for Norwegian Cruise Line and we apologize for any inconvenience.

We checked with our Upgrade Advantage department regarding your eligibility for the program.

Unfortunately your cabin type “Spa Mini-suite” is currently excluded from participation.

We are currently looking at changes to the program which may allow bids for this type of cabin in future.

If you become eligible for the program, we will send you an email with instructions, or you will see an option to bid when you login to your online account.

In the meantime, if you would like to explore other upgrade options, please contact our Reservations department for assistance."

Finally got the official email from the NCL tech dept about bidding. It is as we suspected-excluded from participation-not a tech issue.

Can Haven Spa cabins bid?

Whoo-hoo, got the notice about the chance to upgrade ... I did not get an email, but knowing it was 80 days out I logged in to ncl.com and checked my messages.

I'm inside, bid only on upgrade to balcony, and bid a low bid - I only went low because the cruise has tons of balcony cabins open, and it was an amount I was comfortable with.

So, as my cruise doesn't depart for months yet ... or rather another 80 days :-) ... it may be quite a while before I can tell anyone how things went. Still I wanted to post and thank everyone who put up their winning bids, it's helped me.

Still waiting, but I had another question .... as I said, I didn't get an email on day 80, so I logged in, went to MyVacationHome, and checked my messages, and there was a message "Let's get you upgraded". What I'm finding curious is the date - it's actually the same date as when I put in my deposit, back in February. Is that normal? Do they decide that early who they are going to send the upgrade bids to?

Still waiting, but I had another question .... as I said, I didn't get an email on day 80, so I logged in, went to MyVacationHome, and checked my messages, and there was a message "Let's get you upgraded". What I'm finding curious is the date - it's actually the same date as when I put in my deposit, back in February. Is that normal? Do they decide that early who they are going to send the upgrade bids to?

No - in my experience, NCL seems to put all messages - regardless of when they are posted - with the booking date.

Logging in today I had a notification of two new messages. They were dated with my deposit date as well.

Heck aft balacony and large balcony should be their own category

I wish they would make accessible cabins in the Haven a separate category. I require an accessible cabin and have nabbed one in balcony so I would be afraid to make a bid for the Haven because I might end up being unable to get into the room. I must have a big enough door for my scooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they would make accessible cabins in the Haven a separate category. I require an accessible cabin and have nabbed one in balcony so I would be afraid to make a bid for the Haven because I might end up being unable to get into the room. I must have a big enough door for my scooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if all the suites have the same size door but I rented a scooter for DH last year & it fit through the doorway in an SJ (Family Suite) on the Dawn with no problem.

Contact the Access Desk (accessdesk@ncl.com). They should be able to tell you if your scooter will fit.

I helped my in-laws put in an upgrade bid from a guarantee balcony (they were assigned all the way forward deck 10) to a mini suite about 3 weeks ago for the Escape, Sept 30th to Bermuda. They bid $110 pp (upper poor range) and their bid was accepted today - moving to deck 9 mid ship mini suite.

I have bids in on a few Haven options - but not holding out much hope as they are sold out.