What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Bid was for 10/21/2018 Getaway Sailing.  I was in their room.  Even their travel agent said they had never seen such  a low bid accepted.

sorry if this aggravates anyone.  I couldn’t even get an upgrade from a balcony to a spa balcony for $100 each.

52 minutes ago, woody378 said:

Bid was for 10/21/2018 Getaway Sailing.  I was in their room.  Even their travel agent said they had never seen such  a low bid accepted.

sorry if this aggravates anyone.  I couldn’t even get an upgrade from a balcony to a spa balcony for $100 each.

Awesome win for them. Makes me consider lowering my current bids. 2 in Fair range. One in Good range. The prices went up yesterday for my sailing. Decisions decisions. 

Booked on Epic 10 day leaving Port Canaveral on 12/5/18. Three couples all booked inside cabins and two bid on upgrading to Balcony when we all got our invitations. They bid $250 and $300 and both got aft-facing balcony cabins.  We bid about a week ago on a balcony and a mini suite. We’re platinum latitudes members, one of the other couples is as well and the higher bidder is probably a silver member.  Just increased both bids to $225 each for balcony and $285 each for mini suite. Toying with bidding on spa balcony and mini suite even though we aren’t spa people.  May put in a minimum bid on the off chance we get lucky.  Really want the aft facing since it seems unique.  Anybody have experience with those balconies? Noise? Smells from kitchens or stacks?  Last time we got an offer to bid, did minimum bids and got rejected. Hoping to do better this time!

Today is 80 days until our Norwegian Epic cruise on January 23. I didn’t receive a bid invitation email, and I’m not seeing any kind of banner on My NCL. 

I’ll give it a few days, and if I haven’t heard anything by the end of the week I’ll see who I can find to nag at Norwegian. 

13 hours ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Today is 80 days until our Norwegian Epic cruise on January 23. I didn’t receive a bid invitation email, and I’m not seeing any kind of banner on My NCL. 

I’ll give it a few days, and if I haven’t heard anything by the end of the week I’ll see who I can find to nag at Norwegian. 

I'm at 73 days out and no word for a upgrade either. They may be changing things up again on us all!

On 11/2/2018 at 4:59 PM, woody378 said:

It doesn't aggravate anyone, I promise.  Any follow up questions are to get as many details as possible as we all try to rationalize the bidding process and all that factors in.  Your friends got a great deal.  

On 11/2/2018 at 4:59 PM, woody378 said:

It doesn't aggravate anyone, I promise.  Any follow up questions are to get as many details as possible as we all try to rationalize the bidding process and all that factors in.  Your friends got a great deal.  

On 11/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, woody378 said:

Just checking - when you say 

Someone on my cruise was upgraded to a haven room for a bid of $200 each from a balcony. 

And you said you were in their room ... was it that each person was asked to put in $200 (and there were more than 2), or was it that only the first two had to put in $200 ... so in other words, was it a total of $400 for the upgrade, or more? 

Hopefully that's clear.

I know you are getting a lot of questions, thanks for you patience at our disbelief!!!

• Like 1

Just got the upgrade email 😀. We are 20 days out going from a mini suite to an SC 2 br.  Our original price plus our bid is 300 less than the current advertised rate for the one remaining 2br.  The bid was at the high end of poor.  We had put a much more aggressive bid for a haven 2br but the haven has been showing sold out for weeks. It will be a great 14 days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phx aztraveler said:

Just got the upgrade email 😀. We are 20 days out going from a mini suite to an SC 2 br.  Our original price plus our bid is 300 less than the current advertised rate for the one remaining 2br.  The bid was at the high end of poor.  We had put a much more aggressive bid for a haven 2br but the haven has been showing sold out for weeks. It will be a great 14 days!

are you on the Escape??

This morning, I added bids on spa balcony and spa mini suite at the minimum bid just for fun.  Got my confirmation of my bid at 9:03 am, one minute after getting an email with an offer of 20% off rates on select cruises, including ours.  Went back to the page showing our bids and it now said Not Eligible for Upgrade.  Checked the fares with the new offer and the rates were down considerably ($399 pp for inside including UBP). At 4:05, got an email stating our bid for a balcony at $225 pp had been accepted.  No aft-facing balcony for us ☹️ but we did get a balcony on deck 13 up from inside on deck 11! So after one week with one increase in our bid, we got our upgrade!  Definitely seems related to the drop in price. We paid a total of $894 pp for a balcony which would be $959 if booking now with more perks, but those aren’t important to us. 30 days to go!!😁

3 minutes ago, 3catnight said:

This morning, I added bids on spa balcony and spa mini suite at the minimum bid just for fun.  Got my confirmation of my bid at 9:03 am, one minute after getting an email with an offer of 20% off rates on select cruises, including ours.  Went back to the page showing our bids and it now said Not Eligible for Upgrade.  Checked the fares with the new offer and the rates were down considerably ($399 pp for inside including UBP). At 4:05, got an email stating our bid for a balcony at $225 pp had been accepted.  No aft-facing balcony for us ☹️ but we did get a balcony on deck 13 up from inside on deck 11! So after one week with one increase in our bid, we got our upgrade!  Definitely seems related to the drop in price. We paid a total of $894 pp for a balcony which would be $959 if booking now with more perks, but those aren’t important to us. 30 days to go!!😁

What ship and sailing?

1 hour ago, 3catnight said:

Most of the time when bids are processed early (weeks or months pre-sailing) it is due to one of two things. Price drops or sold out sailings. Sounds like, in your case, it was the former. Congrats on your upgrade. Sounds like you still got a decent deal.

Actually, I just checked NCL’s site and in the B3 category (which is what we got with our upgrade), there are 15 cabins available at $1111 per person, so we definitely got a good deal. Our total cost with UBP was $2210 with all gratuities paid by our TA. Same cabin if booking now is over $3000 total plus daily gratuities.  Happy camper! 😃

42 minutes ago, 3catnight said:

Actually, I just checked NCL’s site and in the B3 category (which is what we got with our upgrade), there are 15 cabins available at $1111 per person, so we definitely got a good deal. Our total cost with UBP was $2210 with all gratuities paid by our TA. Same cabin if booking now is over $3000 total plus daily gratuities.  Happy camper! 😃

I went from an OX to a B1 on the bliss via upgrade advantage for $165pp for the 11/24 sailing