What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

15 minutes ago, StormiB said:

So you got your upgrade over 50 days out? That is the farthest out I have seen one happen. Congrats. 

Yes, 51 days today. I was surprised myself, I knew from this thread that some others with December sailings were getting upgrades but thought ours would hold out a bit longer. From doing mock bookings, there were a LOT of mini-suites and balconies left open and only the top level of Haven was sold out. Not sure what the inventory of insides and oceanviews were. I anticipate there's going to be a price drop tomorrow based on others' observations regarding early upgrade offers. We also have a New Year's itinerary out of NYC to Florida/Bahamas and it seems that's an either love-it or hate-it kind of cruise.

Edited by kayteecat

1 minute ago, kayteecat said:

Yes, 51 days today. I was surprised myself, I knew from this thread that some others with December sailings were getting upgrades but thought ours would hold out a bit longer. From doing mock bookings, there were a LOT of mini-suites and balconies left open and only the top level of Haven was sold out. Not sure what the inventory of insides and oceanviews were. I anticipate there's going to be a price drop tomorrow based on others' observations regarding early upgrade offers. We also have a New Year's itinerary out of NYC to Florida/Bahamas and it seems that's an either love-it or hate-it kind of cruise.

I am the week of Christmas on the Escape so the week prior to you. Prices jumped up today, but have not seen any upgrades get assigned yet. I have been doing mock bookings too...several options still left and the cruise does not seem full yet. tI drives me crazy trying to figure out how the figure out the upgrades 🙂

3 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Okay guys I just got the email! We were upgraded from an aft balcony to a mid-ship mini-suite today for our 12/28 Escape sailing for $150 pp. We're a bit bummed we didn't get a spa cabin but I do think we'll appreciate the additional bathroom and balcony space. I'm also glad it's mid-ship as my boyfriend's never cruised before and we don't know how he'll do with the motion. Nothing but cabins above and below us and to either side.

Holy cow, I had no idea that they’d even consider confirming bids that far out. I’m going to have to keep that in mind when budgeting for the next couple of months. I mean I knew it was possible...

3 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Okay guys I just got the email! We were upgraded from an aft balcony to a mid-ship mini-suite today for our 12/28 Escape sailing for $150 pp. We're a bit bummed we didn't get a spa cabin but I do think we'll appreciate the additional bathroom and balcony space. I'm also glad it's mid-ship as my boyfriend's never cruised before and we don't know how he'll do with the motion. Nothing but cabins above and below us and to either side.

Can you know what prices on your sailing do tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

72 days out and we got offer today to upgrade from inside to OV, Balcony or Spa Balcony. I don't know anything about the spa balcony rooms, worth it? 

Spa balcony rooms are exactly the same as normal balcony rooms except they come with thermal spa passes and tend to be located nearer the spa.

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Spa balcony rooms are exactly the same as normal balcony rooms except they come with thermal spa passes and tend to be located nearer the spa.

Thanks I thought it looked like the rooms looked the same. I'm really not much of a spa person but I could probably get used to it 😊

10 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Can you know what prices on your sailing do tomorrow?

I checked this morning, and I believe on average the rates dropped $100 - $200 per person for the balconies. There are definitely a lot fewer of them this morning, but they haven't gone to GTY yet. It's actually changed around a few times while I was doing mock bookings. At first, it showed Studios, Insides and Haven no longer being available for booking and Sail Away Oceanviews are no longer available. Then, you could do Sail Away Oceanviews and Insides are on GTY. Seems like things are still in flux but there's definitely been changes in available rooms from last week and the prices seem lower but not drastically so.

Quick question-I've read that if you have buy the spa pass and win  an upgrade bid to a spa room that you can get a refund on that. Does anyone know if that refund goes back to your credit card or is it in the form of OBC?

Looking for info on December 29th POA upgrade process. We have four bids in for upgrade to Suite Category from our booked Aft Facing Balcony. Currently the website says that Suites are not available for sale. Does NCL hold out some suite bookings to accommodate bidding process? If not, why do they even offer the upgrade if they don't really have the suite space available? Thanks for clarifying!

Checked the NCL website for the Nov 15th Thanksgiving Gem cruise...ALL Havens are now shown sold out (there were 3 Haven penthouses a few days ago) - which makes me suspect that the upgrade fairy arrived for a few people this week.

Boopsahoy....did you hear any good news on the GV? 

Personally - my bags are nearly packed, and I am super-ready to get on that lovely boat and hit the Haven pool with our little man. :classic_love:

1 hour ago, clover18 said:

Looking for info on December 29th POA upgrade process. We have four bids in for upgrade to Suite Category from our booked Aft Facing Balcony. Currently the website says that Suites are not available for sale. Does NCL hold out some suite bookings to accommodate bidding process? If not, why do they even offer the upgrade if they don't really have the suite space available? Thanks for clarifying!

They don't hold cabins for the bidding process. The upgrade advantage program is run but a third party and they always show all cabins types in case they get a last minute cancellation, most of the time this would be unlikely. So if all the Suites are sold on your cruise, highly unlikely one will become available for upgrade.

14 hours ago, TT1992 said:

Does the  'pending' status change when all upgrades have been allocated?  (without being upgraded myself that is)

Or does it keep saying pending right up until the sailing?

Thank you

It will say pending right up until about 48 hours prior to sailing. At that point it will say "expired". The only time you can get a hint as to whether your bid is accepted is if it says "processing". That means they are processing your credit card and awarding you the upgrade.

We sail 12/21 on the Escape, and I'm getting antsy about my upgrade bids... not sure I'm being aggressive enough. Newbie alert. I'm in the "poor" range for an upgrade to a spa balcony (50% still available) or spa mini suite (about 75% still available) from a mid-ship balcony. Wonder if I should bump it up or not. "Fair" would still put me under the $200 cost of a thermal spa pass. Cabin prices have increased a bit since I booked over a month ago.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, Tinyturtle22 said:

Upgraded this morning for the 11/24 Epic 11 day. Went from cabin 12110, a very good location IA cabin that was a CAS rate, to a very good location B2 on deck 14. $165 X 2 = $330. I’m solo for this trip.

I thought you only had to pay for the number of folks in the room (1 or 2) so, if you are solo, you pay 2 x for the upgrade? thanks,

17 minutes ago, Humblebtuna said:

We sail 12/21 on the Escape, and I'm getting antsy about my upgrade bids... not sure I'm being aggressive enough. Newbie alert. I'm in the "poor" range for an upgrade to a spa balcony (50% still available) or spa mini suite (about 75% still available) from a mid-ship balcony. Wonder if I should bump it up or not. "Fair" would still put me under the $200 cost of a thermal spa pass. Cabin prices have increased a bit since I booked over a month ago.

No need to bump your bid up right now at least. If the sailing has plenty of cabins left, they won't be processing bid early unless the are about to LOWER prices. And, in that case, they might accept your bid before they lower prices in order to lock you in at that price. So I would hold out until you see the sailing filling up more.

7 minutes ago, texascat said:

I thought you only had to pay for the number of folks in the room (1 or 2) so, if you are solo, you pay 2 x for the upgrade? thanks,

Upgrades are always charged at double occupancy, no matter how many people are in the room. So if you have one person in the room, you pay 2x the bid amount. If you have four people in the room, you still pay 2x the bid amount.

10 minutes ago, clover18 said:

Interested to hear from others how they learned the exact number of cabins still available on their sailings. Some people have quoted things like "75% still available" etc. Where does this information come from? Thanks!

I'm curious about that as well! Since I have yet to find any site that will show me more than 15 categories available in a single category.

14 minutes ago, clover18 said:

Interested to hear from others how they learned the exact number of cabins still available on their sailings. Some people have quoted things like "75% still available" etc. Where does this information come from? Thanks!

Hi! I just did a mock booking on both ncl.com and Priceline. Was able to see which rooms were available for me in those categories. 

And I wasnt quoting capacity for the whole sailing. Just for the two room types I’m bidding on. 

Edited by Humblebtuna