Confirmed! Prinsendam has been sold! (4 threads merged)

cRocky42

I was browsing through ships for sale and found the Prinsendam for sale for $100Mil. US and the Veendam for $150Mil.US. Any comments? see link below

Cruise Ship boats for sale - boats.com

Prinsendam has been up for sale for about 6 years. Their hasn't been any takers because of her size. She is now to small for most cruise lines to use.

If you look closely . There many cruise ships from RCI and carnival up for sale as well.

Edited by Kamloops50

• 1 year later...
Correct, they already own Prinsendam's sister, the Royal Viking Sky....

Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was in a parallel universe for a moment.

I will be very sorry to see her go as I have read so much about her over the years but never managed to sail on "The Elegant Explorer"

She disappeared also in the cruise list of Amsterdam from July 2019. It seems like Rotterdam (Booked in Amsterdam from July to October 2019) will sail the Prinsendam itineraries

I'm still seeing the Prinsendam sailings for July through November on the HAL website. Returning from the Amazon December 20, 2019.

Correct, they already own Prinsendam's sister, the Royal Viking Sky....

The PRINSENDAM is NOT a sister of the ALBATROS...the former ROYAL VIKING SEA. The PRINSENDAM is 10,000 tons larger and 15 years younger than the former RV SEA. Fred. Olsen Lines owns the sisters of the former RV SEA, now named BLACK WATCH (ex RV STAR) and BOUDICCA, (ex RV SKY).

Ok guys! So what are you saying??

So our Elegant Explorer is officially sold?

😞 must be new news! Called HAL they laughed said not a chance! She’s been up for sale a long time! This would be news to us!!

I’m 😢 upset!

Denise:)

The PRINSENDAM is NOT a sister of the ALBATROS...the former ROYAL VIKING SEA. The PRINSENDAM is 10,000 tons larger and 15 years younger than the former RV SEA. Fred. Olsen Lines owns the sisters of the former RV SEA, now named BLACK WATCH (ex RV STAR) and BOUDICCA, (ex RV SKY).

You're right it's the Sea not the Sky

While that may be technically true, you have to remember that RV Sea was stretched and Prinsendam has been altered.

BUT having sailed on the RV Sea before her stretch and on Pdam last summer I can tell you that they are more alike than different in their style and layout. Personally I consider RV Sea Pdam's older sister who had a major mid-ship transplant.