Mahogany Bay ~Relax on the beach package questions

ashton57

We are going on the Breeze in December with a stop at Mahogany Bay. It will be myself, husband and possibly my 19 year old son. My question is if we book this package for myself and my husband it is considered a "couples" package and comes with 2 chairs and the magical flying beach chairs that takes you to the beach area. If my son does end up coming with us will there be free lounge chairs in the same beach area for him? We have no problem purchasing an extra ticket for the magical flying chair for him. Just wanted to make sure they will let him in the same beach area with us if he is not included in the excursion. By looking at the pictures it seems the chairs with the clam shells may be in a different area then the regular free beach chairs. Also anyone that has booked this excursion what was your opinion on it good or bad? Thanks for any replies :)

Edited by ashton57

We have not done this but have been to the beach numerous times last time about two years ago.

It is an easy walk to the beach and the flying chairs are not necessary if you are even a decent walker.

We have always found shaded chairs at the beach. Just curious what are they charging for this?

If all they are giving you is a bit of a ride and chairs seems like they are charging for something that is totally unnecessary.

We have not done this but have been to the beach numerous times last time about two years ago.

It is an easy walk to the beach and the flying chairs are not necessary if you are even a decent walker.

We have always found shaded chairs at the beach. Just curious what are they charging for this?

If all they are giving you is a bit of a ride and chairs seems like they are charging for something that is totally unnecessary.

The excursion is $54.99 per couple and includes all day access to the flying beach chair, 2 lounge chairs with clam shell, and 2 rafts.

Oh Dear. Save your money. The beach is an easy 5 minute walk on paved walkways from the ship. Chairs are free. The Flying chairs are nothing more than a short (ski lift type) chairlift. Mildly interesting to do once but certainly not a "feature" attraction.

We did this for our family of 3. Paid extra for kid chair tix. As others said you can walk easily. Nice part was we got front row at the beach. They gave us the option of clamshell or umbrella and we chose umbrella. Attendent pulled up another chair for our kid. IMHO was worth money not to hustle out and grab a good spot and loved front row.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

We did this for our family of 3. Paid extra for kid chair tix. As others said you can walk easily. Nice part was we got front row at the beach. They gave us the option of clamshell or umbrella and we chose umbrella. Attendent pulled up another chair for our kid. IMHO was worth money not to hustle out and grab a good spot and loved front row.

Let me add...if you wait to purchase until you get there you must wait in a huge line at water sports shack for equipment. Bypass the line and head straight to beach and attendent will get you set up.

Save your money! This is a private area developed by Carnival. Walk to the beach unless someone in your party is completely immobile. There are paved walkways as well as a hiking path. Yes, you can rent a clamshell, but there are tons of chairs in the shade. You don't have to pay for anything here, unless you choose to. We even bring our own beer off of the ship, but you can buy food and drink right there.

Great beach! Enjoy!

We did the package. IIRC it was only $39 per couple and included the clamshell, floaty rafts, and kayaks. You could use the Kayaks to actually go to the opposite side from the bay into the Caribbean. The only thing I would recommend if you don't do the package would be to bring some type of flotation device. My son remembers just floating out in the water and falling asleep to this day. Not a great beach, but very relaxing. And yeah, we walked back to the ship for lunch. If you pay attention, you will see a lot of fish, rays, etc.

We did that when we traveled with young kids strictly because we wanted the clamshell so our little one could sleep. Though it was 4 of us, we only purchased for 2. Though there were tons of chairs, there weren't any in the location where we were placed. I think the price was around $40.

Personally I thought it was worth it and would recommend. It will assure that you easily get a Clamshell and water floats. Sometimes they run out and/or the line to get them is crazy long. You can probably set it up so your son can pull up a chair next to you if you pick a less-popular location, though his chair won't fit under the clamshell.

Save your money! This is a private area developed by Carnival. Walk to the beach unless someone in your party is completely immobile. There are paved walkways as well as a hiking path. Yes, you can rent a clamshell, but there are tons of chairs in the shade. You don't have to pay for anything here, unless you choose to. We even bring our own beer off of the ship, but you can buy food and drink right there.

Great beach! Enjoy!

How far of a walk is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How is the beach there? Only been to Mahogany Bay once and went to Tabyana and it was gorgeous. It’s $40 to go there, but I’m really leaning towards that and not the beach at the pier.

Don't lean towards Tabayana, just continue to go there. The "sand" at MB is ground up limestone, so it feels slimy when you are in the cloudy water. There is no snorkeling off the main beach at MB, if you want to snorkel you can go off the pier to a small area that also has a drop off near it. It's okay, but nothing like the fantastic snorkeling at Tabayana. The variety of food at Tabayana and throughout the West Bay Beach is more varied than what you can get at MB.

The drawbacks to Tabayana are the bus ride there, it used to be much shorter from Coxen's Hole pier before Carnival moved further away to MB, as well as the numerous vendors who can be irritating. We just don't take a shore side lounger and settle in a row or two back so we aren't disturbed. My friend Albert always guards our stuff there while we're away from the lounger and I bring him a tin of cashews every time I go to Tabayana.

Other scenic beaches with more character and soul than MB are Little French Key and Maya Key. Enjoy!

Don't lean towards Tabayana, just continue to go there. The "sand" at MB is ground up limestone, so it feels slimy when you are in the cloudy water. There is no snorkeling off the main beach at MB, if you want to snorkel you can go off the pier to a small area that also has a drop off near it. It's okay, but nothing like the fantastic snorkeling at Tabayana. The variety of food at Tabayana and throughout the West Bay Beach is more varied than what you can get at MB.

The drawbacks to Tabayana are the bus ride there, it used to be much shorter from Coxen's Hole pier before Carnival moved further away to MB, as well as the numerous vendors who can be irritating. We just don't take a shore side lounger and settle in a row or two back so we aren't disturbed. My friend Albert always guards our stuff there while we're away from the lounger and I bring him a tin of cashews every time I go to Tabayana.

Other scenic beaches with more character and soul than MB are Little French Key and Maya Key. Enjoy!

I’ve been looking at LFK also, so will decide on one or the other. Thanks!