Cruise Critic Community
Jagggg

Bungle Bag Laundry service, how's the outcome

For people who have done the put as much in a bag as possible, how are items returned? Are they folded. Also what items have you put in the bag? Can you do polo shirts. Where you satisfied?

They come folded in a basket. I wouldn't do anything that was delicate. Polo shirts, socks, pants, tops yes all come out fine. If doing a fill the bag special roll everything as small as possible fill corners with small items. Also has been suggested to ask steward for a pillowcase and put that in the bag first and that way the bag becomes stronger.

I’ve done it a few times with things that didn’t need to look nice, like pjs, T-shirt’s, bras, etc. Be aware that nothing gets ironed, it’s all washed in a community/industrial washer and dryer, and there’s no guarantee your things won’t fade or shrink. There have been a lot of complaints about how swimsuits come back. Personally, I hand wash and dry as much as I can in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For people who have done the put as much in a bag as possible, how are items returned? Are they folded. Also what items have you put in the bag? Can you do polo shirts. Where you satisfied?

It is a 2-day service. on a 7-night cruise, the bundled laundry service is offered on Day 4 with clothes returned Day 6.

We cruise multiple times a year and usually send in 1 or 2 bags. No problems. No issues. We send in shorts, t-shirts, polo shirts, dress shirts, blouses, underwear, socks, slacks.

We were very satisfied with the results - folded in a basket - nothing missing or damaged, however they do put iron-on tags with your room number on each piece except socks and ladies undergarments. These buggers are hard to get off of some fabrics and some have stayed on for years LOL. I agree, I would not send any ladies swimsuits - I did one bottom once and the Lycra/spandex broke down quickly after that.

Are the laundry bags paper or fabric? When I was on NCL Star in 2011 the bags were paper. I always travel with duct tape which I used to reinforce the bags as it would tear easily.

Are the laundry bags paper or fabric? When I was on NCL Star in 2011 the bags were paper. I always travel with duct tape which I used to reinforce the bags as it would tear easily.

Most of the time they were paper, however when I requested a bag on our last BA cruise as they were missing from the closet, our room steward brought a fabric bag with a string tie. We have never needed to tape up the paper bag and I do admit, I stuff it full, but I do not put wet clothes in the bag.

We were very satisfied with the results - folded in a basket - nothing missing or damaged, however they do put iron-on tags with your room number on each piece except socks and ladies undergarments. These buggers are hard to get off of some fabrics and some have stayed on for years LOL. I agree, I would not send any ladies swimsuits - I did one bottom once and the Lycra/spandex broke down quickly after that.

I'm sure they wash everything in hot water since it's communal. Hot water is rough on clothes. This would not be the service for me, as I'm very fussy about how my laundry is done.

It is a 2-day service. on a 7-night cruise, the bundled laundry service is offered on Day 4 with clothes returned Day 6.

We cruise multiple times a year and usually send in 1 or 2 bags. No problems. No issues. We send in shorts, t-shirts, polo shirts, dress shirts, blouses, underwear, socks, slacks.

On our two week cruise this past April/May we twice had laundry done. We sent polo shirts, t-shirts, shorts and socks and they came back folded in a basket. Unfortunately they use some sort of washing powder that is very harsh because the laundry came back stinking of chemicals, so as others have said don't sent delicate garments. The first week our laundry came back in a couple of days, the second week when it had not been returned on the 4th day I went to guest relations (after talking to our cabin steward a couple of times asking where our laundry was). The first person I spoke to at guest relations (a supervisor) said "oh, it will be back soon". She had no interest in helping me. A few hours later I went back to guest relations (our cruise was ending the following day) and spoke to a different customer service person, he asked if anything was valuable in the laundry, I said no, just regular clothes, he said "oh, after the cruise just file a claim for lost laundry". About 8pm that night I made one last attempt to retrieve our laundry and went back to guest relations, this time the customer service person tried to help and didn't give me the brush off as the others had done, he even went himself to the laundry department to look for the missing basket of laundry. He found it! It wasn't really 'lost' but put in the wrong locker in the laundry department and none of the other people I had spoken to could be bothered to look for it.

It's definitely an industrial strength wash. We always use it. However, we have had some whites, after the washing, material quickly tear when using later. And those iron on tags are fun to find even months later. I wouldn't send out anything of value or delicate. With the paper bags, double bag. Get extras from you room steward and then roll the clothes. My wife can load one of those bags so full it is heavy to pick up.

Agree. Anything I would wash by hand or in the washer's delicate cycle does not make it in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hahaha, so true! I just last week put on a top that I hadn't worn in a while and found one of those tags (it was scratching my neck)... I'd sent it to the laundry on a cruise that we took years ago. AND, it didn't come off without a fight!

I always forget to check for the tags when I get home from the cruise.

you can get them folded or hung (tehre is a check box).

we have sent out everything - polos, tees, shorts, jeans, skirts, dresses, socks, underwear. its the best service ever!

we take the time (and deal with the smells!) to tightly roll each item. we have gotten close to 40 pieces into one of those bags.