miami to fll

DP

I am cruising from Miami but flying home from Ft Lauderdale. Will I be able to make a 1:50 p.m. flight?

We've made the transit between the POM and FLL four times over the last couple of years. All four times, the transit time each way was a very reliable 35 minutes, (both taxi and limo) on a weekend, and with no accidents or highway blockages. As always, you have to hope that there are no weather or Customs delays when you arrive and disembark, but we would have absolutely no issue with booking such a flight.

Happy sailing

That being said, what about a 10:20AM flight out of FLL. We plan to walk off ship with our own luggage. Is that possible to make a Sunday morning flight?

Be one of the first off the ship carrying your own luggage will be a must.

That being said, what about a 10:20AM flight out of FLL. We plan to walk off ship with our own luggage. Is that possible to make a Sunday morning flight?

If walking off the ship with your luggage in the early groups... yes, you should have no problem making this flight. I live 15 minutes past the Fort Lauderdale airport and I have been home by 7:30AM from PortMiami doing self-assist. Last time, a major wreck completely closed down I95 and even then it only added about 20 minutes to route around it on a Saturday.

For a 10:20 flight you need to be at FLL by about 8:50 - and 8:30 or earlier is better if you've ever seen the weekend TSA lines. That translates into off the ship with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 7:30. I would use private transport, taxi or Uber over a shared shuttle that may wait for other passengers.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I would choose a flight leaving about noon or later, but it is your call. Good luck!