Massdam exploration cruise seems to end.

jig

I am booked on the Massdam July 2019 from Seattle to Tokyo. It is a unique cruise and even though it’s after the official end of the exploration cruise it fits it with program. It will sail from Tokyo to Sydney making baby unique stops. And there is where it ends. The new schedule came out and next is a circle Australia and many almost cookie cutter South Pacific and New Zealand Cruises before returning to Vancouver. I was hoping that it might repeat in 2020 what they are doing in 2019. But not to be. Maybe no interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the heads-up on the Seattle to Tokyo cruise. We definitely like the 35 day Ultimate Alaska and North Pacific Collection cruise which includes yours and hopefully will be redone in July 2020. We'll definitely keep an eye out for it when the Summer 2020 cruises are hopefully posted in the Fall, especially if they have some zodiac excursions in some of the smaller Alaska, Japan and Russian ports.

I am booked on the Massdam July 2019 from Seattle to Tokyo. It is a unique cruise and even though it’s after the official end of the exploration cruise it fits it with program. It will sail from Tokyo to Sydney making baby unique stops. And there is where it ends. The new schedule came out and next is a circle Australia and many almost cookie cutter South Pacific and New Zealand Cruises before returning to Vancouver. I was hoping that it might repeat in 2020 what they are doing in 2019. But not to be. Maybe no interest.

I am also fascinated by the future Maasdam In Depth itineraries. I keep digging to find the future ones. Not easy. I also found the Tokyo to Sydney parts, then 9/26/2019 New Zealand & Coral Sea Odyssey, 10/7 Australia Circumnavigation, followed by New Zealand and across the Pacific to Vancouver. Then she sails down to San Diego, followed by cruising to Baja California. That is as far as I could follow her, and I wish than my notes were better. My imagination heads south.:) :)

I look forward to following the blogs of the adventurers on the coming In Depth cruises.

Barbara

Thanks for the information, will try to locate the Australian Circumnavigation cruise on their website.

You'd have an easier time hunting down Elvis in hiding and getting a 1on1 interview .....

On a more serious note - with the announcement of Prinsedam leaving the HAL fleet in July 2019 I fully expect some major shifts on where ships are deployed in 2020/21. It is quite possible that Maasdam's "in depth" voyages get somewhat merged with some previous Prinsendam offerings. As the. Dust settles I'd venture a guess that ANY cruise booked on an S or R class vessel after Dec19 is easily subject to change in itinerary deployment in the next few months. I also would not be surprised to see some tweaking of the Vista class ships itineraries as well.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

You'd have an easier time hunting down Elvis in hiding and getting a 1on1 interview .....

On a more serious note - with the announcement of Prinsedam leaving the HAL fleet in July 2019 I fully expect some major shifts on where ships are deployed in 2020/21. It is quite possible that Maasdam's "in depth" voyages get somewhat merged with some previous Prinsendam offerings. As the. Dust settles I'd venture a guess that ANY cruise booked on an S or R class vessel after Dec19 is easily subject to change in itinerary deployment in the next few months. I also would not be surprised to see some tweaking of the Vista class ships itineraries as well.

I agree with you about the HAL website. Horrible. I use something called I cruise App. Has every sailing on every ship on every line. Easy to read.

I am also fascinated by the future Maasdam In Depth itineraries. I keep digging to find the future ones. Not easy. I also found the Tokyo to Sydney parts, then 9/26/2019 New Zealand & Coral Sea Odyssey, 10/7 Australia Circumnavigation, followed by New Zealand and across the Pacific to Vancouver. Then she sails down to San Diego, followed by cruising to Baja California. That is as far as I could follow her, and I wish than my notes were better. My imagination heads south.:) :)

I look forward to following the blogs of the adventurers on the coming In Depth cruises.

Barbara

The sea of Cortez cruises look interesting. Never heard of several ports. Very low prices.