Montego Bay excursions.....

Gerejade

please give me your best ideas with my 10 yr. old. Where would you go and do? What have you done that kids really enjoyed?

Tell me about Dolphin Cove (swims & encounters). And also about Doctors Cave Beach.

Thank you very much cruisers.

We did our own excursion (taxi from the port) to Doctor's Cave beach. It has fewer conch salesman, hair braiders and ganja sales offers than other travellers told us about after their port day in Jamaica. Still, without a strapping male in your party, I would not return.

Most recently, we chose a Carnival excursion to a hidden waterfall with 4 X 4 jeep ride (very bumpy) through a cow field and fruit trees. Take bug spray!! It was a lovely walk in the rain forest with a fantastic photo opp (take water shoes, too - but they will not be sufficient for the "hike").

The first time we were there we went to the pineapple farm up in the mountains. It was fun but the trip there and back was not. The 2nd time we went we went to an all inclusive resort very close to the port. Sunscape and had a great time. It included round trip , drinks, food with a beach and a few pools, one with a lazy river. If we ever return thats where we will go again. Its not a port that i would feel comfortable doing on my own without some sort of excursion carnival or not.

It’s been a few years but I’ve done the dolphin excursion you’ve asked about. With the swim, you are actually pulled in the water by a dolphin. They take lots of pictures and you can purchase them all. We were in the water and got to touch the dolphins as they swam by too. We don’t like the beach so we asked if we could go to Margaritaville instead of Doctors Cave Beach. We walked down, had a burger and drink, then met our group back when it was time to leave. We really enjoyed our time with the dolphins and do recommend this excursion. The drive to the dolphins was very entertaining and educational.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got back last month, and opted for the Ocho Rios Dunnes River Falls, and Jamaica Bobsled excursion with our 7 year old daughter and 10 year old son, and they really enjoyed it. It's not a cheap tour, and it takes all day, but it was a lot of fun. Be sure you only do this tour through the cruise line, because our tour was late getting back (traffic was pretty bad), and the ship had to wait for us.

We did the Dunns River Falls and lunch at Bamboo Beach Club excursion through Carnival. It was a long bus ride but excellent trip. We loved the falls and there were children there younger than 10 climbing them. Bamboo Beach Club was very pretty and the lunch was good. If you would want to do this I definitely suggest doing a ship excursion, too far away to risk doing it on your own.

I would book one of the private companies and have your own guide for the day. I like my boys to explore the history and culture of a place and a beach day doesn’t cut it. Jamaica has much to see and do but the private guide is a must to deal with the aggressive locals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums