Current Cruise Director (CD) List

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I will have to admit that a lot of people do care about the CD.  Pretty active CC thread on what ship they are on.

We’ve only hated one CD... can’t remember her name, but she had a voice like a loud yowly Sophia Vergara.  And, I really like Sophia Vergara 🙂

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, twccruiser said:

On Majesty now and Mickey is the CD on this sailing. 

Since you were on MJ very very recently, could you tell me who was the Activity Manager onboard for your sailing.   I keep a list on Cruise Critic of Activity Managers and your information would help me keep that list as current as possible....THANKS in advance.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

At first we thought Simeon was annoying... but then grew to love him!  Wouldn’t mind having him again 🙂

Simeon Kirkiles is usually the host of the Comedy Club on whatever Oasis class ship he is assigned to.....and does a fabulous job there.   I can understand how he could be an 'annoying' CD, but as you say you 'grew to love him' and I can well appreciate that.....he has a 'bigger than life' public personna which of course works great in the comedy club.    We have had him in the comedy club and actually thought he was BETTER than the 'headlining' comedian.  

We just sailed with him on Symphony with him back as the host of the Comedy Club....he ended up doing an extra comedy show in the Royal Theater when Flight had to be cancelled due to technical problems and he was fabulous, even though he was struggling with a bout of the flu.  

4 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Since you were on MJ very very recently, could you tell me who was the Activity Manager onboard for your sailing.   I keep a list on Cruise Critic of Activity Managers and your information would help me keep that list as current as possible....THANKS in advance.

Doh, I remember seeing her on the stateroom TV multiple times and wondering if I should pay more attention in case someone on here asked. I even wanted to take a picture, but couldn't find my phone at that moment. I believe it was Jessica or Jennifer, but I can't be 100% certain. 

4 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Simeon Kirkiles is usually the host of the Comedy Club on whatever Oasis class ship he is assigned to.....and does a fabulous job there.   I can understand how he could be an 'annoying' CD, but as you say you 'grew to love him' and I can well appreciate that.....he has a 'bigger than life' public personna which of course works great in the comedy club.    We have had him in the comedy club and actually thought he was BETTER than the 'headlining' comedian.  

We just sailed with him on Symphony with him back as the host of the Comedy Club....he ended up doing an extra comedy show in the Royal Theater when Flight had to be cancelled due to technical problems and he was fabulous, even though he was struggling with a bout of the flu.  

Hi Paulette!  You sat with on on Harmony for dinner, and cruised just after us on Symphony 🙂.   Did you get a chance to see Flight at all?  We liked it waaay more than Hairspray 🙂. Did they show Aqua Nation on your trip?  Since Hiro was canceled 2 nights, we got to see Aqua Nation on our Hiro night, and Hiro on a later date.  Aqua Nation was awesome!!

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Hi Paulette!  You sat with on on Harmony for dinner, and cruised just after us on Symphony 🙂.   Did you get a chance to see Flight at all?  We liked it waaay more than Hairspray 🙂. Did they show Aqua Nation on your trip?  Since Hiro was canceled 2 nights, we got to see Aqua Nation on our Hiro night, and Hiro on a later date.  Aqua Nation was awesome!!

Yes, we had a marvelous time on that Harmony cruise.....we unfortunately did not get to see Flight on Symphony....it had technical difficulties and it could not be rectified before the sailing ended.  They only ran the Hiro show in the Aqua Theater and even that had difficulties.  One showing was totally cancelled and another had to be cut short due to choppy seas.  We very much enjoyed the ship and Hairspray.  Our sailing only had 215 children on it, so there were never long lines for things like the waterslides (which I tremendously enjoy).  

20 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Yes, we had a marvelous time on that Harmony cruise.....we unfortunately did not get to see Flight on Symphony....it had technical difficulties and it could not be rectified before the sailing ended.  They only ran the Hiro show in the Aqua Theater and even that had difficulties.  One showing was totally cancelled and another had to be cut short due to choppy seas.  We very much enjoyed the ship and Hairspray.  Our sailing only had 215 children on it, so there were never long lines for things like the waterslides (which I tremendously enjoy).  

Paulette, I hope you eventually get to see Flight, as it is probably the best show I have seen on Royal.  The staging is amazing.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, travelgoddess1 said:

I have not sailed with Gordon for a few years, but he was always a pleasure -- great sense of humor!  Nice to hear he will be on Spectrum!

On 2/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, truffles2 said:

I haven’t sailed with Gordon in years either, Karen, but really liked him.  He was CD on the first ever Crown And Anchor cruise on Vision in 1998 and after that pretty much owned Radiance for years.  I would love to sail with him again.

Wow. We loved Gordon. Haven’t even seen his name in years. Would love to sail with him again.  Although we won’t be sailing Spectrum.