Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 10/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, Cassicruiser said:

Does anyone have an update on Adventure? We will be on her in Dec. We've had Bill Bronkhurst on Radiance  before and he was dull and wooden and very rehearsed. While not a huge deal, other cruise directors weve had have been so much fun that they've really enhanced the entertainment. I'm hoping the info is correct and that he wont be on Adventure after October, can anyone confirm? Thanks

We just got off Adventure and had Bill. He was awful. However Majik Marvin ran most things and was great. 

10 hours ago, Iluvtink said:

We just got off Adventure and had Bill. He was awful. However Majik Marvin ran most things and was great. 

Clearly he hasnt improved in the past few years then! When we had him on a cruise in 2012 I thought he was just an emergency replacement as he was so dull, but yet here he is 😏.  I'm hoping the info is correct that there will be a changeover soon, does anyone have an update? 

7 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

Clearly he hasnt improved in the past few years then! When we had him on a cruise in 2012 I thought he was just an emergency replacement as he was so dull, but yet here he is 😏.  I'm hoping the info is correct that there will be a changeover soon, does anyone have an update? 

I read somewhere he’s off adventure at the end of this month. Hopefully for future cruisers that’s true. 😬

2 hours ago, puerto penasco lady said:

John, do you have any idea who the cruise director will be on Vision for our Feb cruises?

From the current information on here Steve Davis may be on early in February and leave.  I have no idea who will take over when he goes on vacation. 

ADVENTURE: Bill Bronkhorst August 31 until the end of October, then Mercedes Lafuente (need handover date)
ALLUREMitch Merucci August 12 to November 4, then Jimmy Rhodes for 4 months
ANTHEM Dru Pavlov October 13 until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS: Carlos Torres until November 11then Bobby Broughton 
ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14.
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (need dates)
JEWEL: Andrea Olivieri August 19 until mid-December (exact date? then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR: Cuddy Cudworth August 26 until November 23, then Rob McNally.
OASIS: Jeff Arpin September 2 until early January.
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Bobby Brown September 9 through the TA on November 9, then Abe Hughes will be taking over the ship when it arrives in Miami on November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown returns.
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente end of October (until when?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes for 4 months November 4 (until when?)
ANTHEM Dru Pavlov October 13 until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (need dates)
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Bobby Brown September 9 through the TA on November 9, then Abe Hughes will be taking over the ship when it arrives in Miami on November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown returns.

Need updates for:

Adventure:  Has Bill handed off to Mercedes?

Enchantment:  Who will be following Susan and when is the handover?

Independence:  Who is the current CD?

Quantum:  Who is the current CD?

17 minutes ago, cardboss said:

Ken Jones has replaced Tim Connor on the Independence...not sure if this is permanent or interim...Tim is gone...

What do you mean by gone? Will he be back on Indy or another ship at some point soon? Fingers crossed he comes back for @Lovetocruise2002.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

I messaged Royal earlier and I don't know when the handover date is, but for my December 29, 2018 sailing on Indy, they did confirm that Jamie Fentiman will be the CD.

I did ask about Tim Connor and they would not confirm that he left but they did say that he is not on any of their ships.

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente end of October (until when?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes for 4 months November 4 (until when?)
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

Seriously moderators, what is the point of this forum if all you ever do is remove people's opinions? It's a complete and utter joke. And obviously this will be gone soon enough. But why the hell can people not comment on a poor cruise director? Pathetic!

I would hope people’s opinions, good or bad, aren’t being removed. Part of why I am interested in this thread is to see if upcoming cruise directors are well liked or not.  For instance, Dennis Charles on my upcoming Anthem. What do people think of him? 

Edited by sdsseattle
Correct spelling

I only commented how disappointed I was with the current IOTS CD I am (and others) - nothing malicious at all.

I've only been registered on here two months, and threads I've been part of have been readily removed which really had no reason to be.  Very frustrating. Maybe there's a more open alternative?

Edited by BillieJeanKaraokeKing

44 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

Seriously moderators, what is the point of this forum if all you ever do is remove people's opinions? It's a complete and utter joke. And obviously this will be gone soon enough. But why the hell can people not comment on a poor cruise director? Pathetic!

Perhaps your postings were removed since you did not stay on subject? IMHO, I believe this thread is simply to keep updates on the current  "Cruise Director List" and not a discussion. You can always start another thread with that in mind as your subject. I always come here to view the updated lists and if posting are unrelated, there is a lot to wade through to find the listing information that I am here to view. After All the Subject line states:

Current Cruise Director (CD) List

Edited by SailingShelley
wording
  • Like 1

She posted as did I,  of the poor performance of current CD on Indy...mine was deleted as well, so unless you are providing honest comments on the subject of CDs, what's the point? Not everyone is great and that info is good to know so you can gauge your expectations.

1 hour ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

With respect @SailingShelley there are plenty other on topic CD related postings on this thread in a similar vein to our contributions.

I sailed on The Independence from August 25th, 2018 to October 6th. Joff Eaton was the Cruise Director for the first 4 cruises until September 22nd.  Joff was so popular, especially with the Brits, who are the main cruisers on The Indy. The Brits were in Heaven when all five of the members of the Boy Band group "Take That" performed! Being from the States, the only song they did that we knew was "I Want You Back" since they did not make it to the top in the U.S! Tim was supposed to be on for the next 2-4 months. He certainly was not very popular. Does anyone know why his time was cut short? I would have though he would stay on until the Crossing when Royal may have wanted to place another director of the Caribbean. 

Still no word on when Bill will be leaving Adventure? It was meant to be end of October but he is still there. From what I've read he doesnt speak to the guests and is barely seen so not sure how anyone would ask him and be able to report back. Is there another source of info for changeovers? We are cruising in a few weeks and really hoping for a different CD, we have had him before and well, safe to say we would like someone different.