Current Cruise Director (CD) List

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente November 24 until December 30 (then who?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM  Dennis Charles returns December 10 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January (need date - then who?)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?), then Elvis Pinto
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January (need date - then who?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  began late November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo began early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (until when?)

On 12/12/2018 at 7:15 PM, MonaCK said:

Dennis NOT being the CD is music to my ears.

Yeah it was to me, too...but the current list suggests he is on our cruise the 29th...even tho when I messaged on both Twitter & Facebook earlier this week they said Dru would be the CD.

I don't know either CD but looking at dailies from 2017 Xmas cruise (Dennis) & this years Thanksgiving cruise (Dru), the differences were startling. The Xmas cruise activities were heavy on sales pitch activities ("free makeover", "free charm", "free champagne at art auction") while the ones from this year seemed more full of all sorts of activities NOT intent on getting more $ out of me--from trivia to game shows to scavenger hunts.

Perhaps it was a reflection of the composition of passengers on the Xmas cruise v. the Thanksgiving cruise--I sure hope so.

1 hour ago, Cbear1973 said:

Marc Walker has just posted that he's leaving Liberty tomorrow, Sunday, Dec 16.  This was on his official facebook page, and he says he's going to post more details "later".

Mark has posted on his Facebook page that he will be joining Harmony tomorrow, the 16th, in Ft. Lauderdale. No reason was given for the switch. 

ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM  Dennis Charles returns December 10 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Mark Walker December 16 (until when)?
LIBERTY: WHO IS THE CD AS OF DECEMBER 16?
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (until when?)

Mark was notified on Sat morning that he was moving to the Harmony on Sunday.  He wanted to get back to FL to be closer to his girls.  The reason, something about one of the CD’s father passing away which caused several last minute relocations of CD’s.  Enzo, AD on the Liberty has been promoted to CD and will be on the Liberty until vacation on I believe 1/13, then Jeff Arpin will be on Liberty.

Carla

HARMONY:  Mark Walker December 16 until January 20
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29

ANTHEM  Tornado Tanya until January 6, Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
HARMONY:  Mark Walker December 16 until January 20
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes returns March 16 until mid-July, then Mike Szwajkowski 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:56 PM, DonnaK said:

I guess I'll start really watching this thread in February.  I/we board Symphony on April 27th and my uneducated guess says Bobby may/probably be gone by then?   Is he on Facebook or twitter?    I think I have heard most people like Bobby.   No sense repeating what the rumor I heard was, because even if it was true now, things change. I think we have the travel show here in January that is attended by Royal Caribbean.  One of the CDs (can't remember who) is married to the lady who runs the Royal part of the show and they live here in Columbus.   He was the one that told me last year the Head Engineer on Liberty said NO to the Coke Freestyle machines. 

On 12/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, golfpccc said:

then Jeff Arpin will be on Liberty.

Carla

Ah, thanks for that, I was struggling to remember Jeff's last name. I met him at a travel show last year here in Columbus and we discussed Liberty and several other things. Nice guy, never had him for a Cruise Director though. 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:56 PM, DonnaK said:

Just got off Serenade today. Ronato is the AD with Andrea as CD on there right now. I’m a virgin cruiser but thought they did an ok job. I was a little disappointed as I spoke with Andrea about a backstage tour, I do production work, which he said he would set up and that never materialized after our conversation. I’m not one of those who complain about stuff like that, things happen and he gets busy, so I understand. Maybe next time....

Nubz

On 21 December 2018 at 2:44 PM, BillOh said:

I guess I'll start really watching this thread in February.  I/we board Symphony on April 27th and my uneducated guess says Bobby may/probably be gone by then?   Is he on Facebook or twitter?    I think I have heard most people like Bobby.   

You'll have Abe for your cruise. He's great! He has a public FB page.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SCNubz said:

Just got off Serenade today. Ronato is the AD with Andrea as CD on there right now. I’m a virgin cruiser but thought they did an ok job. I was a little disappointed as I spoke with Andrea about a backstage tour, I do production work, which he said he would set up and that never materialized after our conversation. I’m not one of those who complain about stuff like that, things happen and he gets busy, so I understand. Maybe next time....

Nubz

Andrea is just finishing his first full year as a CD having come over from  MSC.   I think he is still learning the Royal Ropes. Seems like a real personable guy.