Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 1/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Donna:

Actually, Mike S. will be CD of the Symphony as of May 4.  Change in schedule.  (I'm on Grandeur with him right now.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  😄 )

Why is he taking over for Abe? That means Abe is only on Symphony for 7 weeks? And then what? Does anyone know? We were so excited for Abe as our CD again. Our cruise on Symphony is May 19th. Well, if this is the case. How is Mike S. compared to Abe? Anyone know? 

1 hour ago, shopping is fun said:

Does anyone know who will be CD on Jewel for Feb 1 Southern Caribbean sailing?

I'm wondering about Feb 15th sailing as well.  I don't see great things about Simona but not sure how long CD's actually stay on. seems she may be coming off after being on since November....

1 hour ago, cdevries811 said:

Why is he taking over for Abe? That means Abe is only on Symphony for 7 weeks? And then what? Does anyone know? We were so excited for Abe as our CD again. Our cruise on Symphony is May 19th. Well, if this is the case. How is Mike S. compared to Abe? Anyone know? 

I got told on FB that Abe has some good things coming up during the Summer which means he is only back for 7 weeks. That's all that I can say.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

On 1/6/2019 at 10:18 AM, watson50 said:

just read that Dru Pavlov is no longer with Royal. What happened? I know I posted this question before, but any new info would be helpful. Yes I am a fan of Dru and was with him during our b2b in Nov.Cruised again on Dec. 10 and no Dru. C'mon Royal. Tell us what happened. He will be missed. Thank you

im also wondering about Dru, had him on Liberty and was suspose to have him on Anthem but he wasnt there

6 hours ago, mishelly76 said:

I'm wondering about Feb 15th sailing as well.  I don't see great things about Simona but not sure how long CD's actually stay on. seems she may be coming off after being on since November....

I have been on three Jewel cruises with Simona and I think she is terrific. Very personable and she speaks multiple languages.

13 hours ago, cdevries811 said:

We have cruised with Mike and thought he was superb in our top two cruise directors.

17 hours ago, mishelly76 said:

we had Simona on the Jewel TA in November and she was great!  

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January (need date - then who?)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 until mid-March, then Elvis Pinto (need date)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January  (need date - then who?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Marc Walker December 16 until January 20
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MARINER: Mercedes Lafuente January 10 through March 18 then Marc Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: ELVIS IS DUE TO SIGN OFF - WHO IS THE NEXT CD and WHAT IS THE HANDOVER DATE
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: A Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (until when?)

Can anyone tell me will Joff Eaton /Ovation continue on after the Australian season for the repositioning cruise  from Sydney to Honolul and Vancouver...is that the usual way? or do they change?

Edited by juda

7 hours ago, juda said:

Can anyone tell me will Joff Eaton /Ovation continue on after the Australian season for the repositioning cruise  from Sydney to Honolul and Vancouver...is that the usual way? or do they change?

Normally they work 4 months on 2 months off.   Since he started his current contract November 28th, it looks like he will be on vacation for the crossing and rejoin in Alaska.  The schedules are always subject to change.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, cdevries811 said:

I can't compare but I will tell you that Mike is one of my two favorites in 50+ cruises. Wish he was going to be on our Symphony cruise.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:52 AM, Magicat said:

we had Simona on the Jewel TA in November and she was great!  

I was also on this cruise and never saw her other than to introduce some of the shows.  I’m sailing on Jewel in February and hope she’s more visible.

54 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I was also on this cruise and never saw her other than to introduce some of the shows.  I’m sailing on Jewel in February and hope she’s more visible.

Wow I'm surprised.  We saw her everywhere and we met up with her every morning for coffee for an hour.  Check the Compass because she will have "Coffee with Simona" almost every morning.  It was very fun and interactive.