Current Cruise Director (CD) List

That was my original plan, but several longtimers (including Host Clarea) suggested that it would be too confusing that way. Then I reduced the font to make the list shorter, and someone asked me to increase the font to make it easier to read. So, for now, I'll just keep it as is. I am trying to make each entry less wordy.

As a PC service company owner for 20 years, I'm use to people looking online with a PC of Mac, but so many people are only looking at their phones. I'm good with however you choose to put the info up.

LOL - my list-keeping skills are still rusty! Please let me know of any errors you come across so I can fix them. I'll update the list with the corrections.

(I thought you were going to tell me that Empress is NE for Nordic Empress, and not EM.)

I have not plans for Empress now that all the sailings include Cuba, so I didn't even check. You're right, though, she is NE!

Any feedback about Carlos Torres? I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend aboard the Mariner in August and am still figuring out exactly how I want to do it. Think he might want to help or is that not his style?

Carlos is probably the right guy to ask. We’ve had him on a few cruises and he is a people person!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the warm welcome back to the management of this thread!

I just booked an end of summer cruise on Allure, and I am excited to have a new-to-us cruise director, Mitch, on that sailing! Any feedback on him?

Donna, there was a post at the end of the old thread about Luke Arrowsmith being at P&O. Looks like he’s been there since 2016.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-arrowsmith-45a21a2b

Ourusualbeach - through that LinkedIn link you provided, I was able to see that a few of the "left RCI" CDs have updated info. I will work on getting that section of the list updated too!

ADVENTURE: Clo O'Connor July 6 until early September. (then who?)

ALLURE: Jimmy Rhodes March 11 until August 12, then Mitch Merucci August 12 for 2 months.

ANTHEM: Dennis Charles May 12 until September 6, then Chris Brown September 6 for 4 months.

BRILLANCE: Mike Szwajkowski July 3 (for 2 or 4 months?)

EMPRESS: Hugo Arenas (need dates)

ENCHANTMENT: Bobby Broughton April 6 until early-September. (then who?)

EXPLORER: Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. (then, is Graham Seymour returning, or will it be someone else?)

FREEDOM: Drew Devine March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen July 28 until September 29,followed by Drew Devine September 29 for 4 months.

GRANDEUR: Bob Leininger June 2 until October 6. Bob Leininger returns December 1 for another 4 month contract. (Will Mitch Merucci or Mike Szwajkowski be doing the fill-in from Oct 6 until December 1?)

HARMONY: Dru Pavlov April 21 until early-September (need handover date) then Abe Hughes early-September for 4 months.

INDEPENDENCE: Joff Eaton May 28 until September 22, then Tim Connor returns September 22.

JEWEL: Simona Ferraiuolo June 16 until August 19, then Andrea Olivieri August 19 for 4 months

LIBERTY: Jeff Arpin May 27 until July 22, then Marc Walker July 22 for 4 months.

MARINER: Carlos Torres July 9 for 2 months, then Ricky Matthews returns in September for 4 months

MAJESTY: Patricio Honores late-June until late-August (then who?)

NAVIGATOR: Rob McNally May 6 until late-August, then Cuddy Cudworth returns in late-August. (need handover date)

OASIS: Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (then who?)

OVATION: Mike Hunnerup March 23 (until late-July? then who?) Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.

QUANTUM: Is Fang Lixin is the current CD? Paul Rutter returns in the Fall (Sept/Oct) for a few months.

RADIANCE: Cuddy Cudworth June 15 for 2 months followed by John Blair in August until January. (need handover date)

RHAPSODY: Tim Connor June 23 for 2 months, then Elvis Pinto returns mid-August for 4 months. (need handover date)

SERENADE: Jamie Fentiman May 13 for 4 months. (then who?)

SYMPHONY: Michele Scarpato March 11 until late-July (need handover date) then Bobby Brown returns through the TA November 9

VISION: Steve Davis April 6 until August 6, then Ken Jones August 6 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns in early October for 4 months.

VOYAGER: Michelle Oliveira began late-May (for 4 months?)

CDs who are no longer active on RCI ships:

Jerome Sueur is reportedly joining Carnival and getting married soon.

Keith Williams has been cleared to return from medical leave, but does not currently have a ship assignment.

Casey Pelterworks shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Graham Seymour is semi-retired but fills-in from time to time as needed

Rich Edwards sadly passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry is Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment, and occasionally fills-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate works shoreside

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but fills-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira is the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker- is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - is a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager PortRevenue Operations

Rico du Breil is a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Thanks for taking back this thread. You do a tremendous job doing it. Also, LOVE the way you set up the format, with the ship names being in red. It is easy to read and easy to understand.... for all. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!

ADVENTURE: Clo O'Connor July 6 until early September. (date? then who?)

ALLURE: Jimmy Rhodes March 11 until August 12, then Mitch Merucci August 12 for 2 months.

ANTHEM: Dennis Charles May 12 until September 6, then Chris Brown September 6 for 4 months.

BRILLANCE: Mike Szwajkowski July 3 (for 2 or 4 months?)

EMPRESS: Hugo Arenas (need dates)

ENCHANTMENT: Bobby Broughton April 6 until early-September. (date? then who?)

EXPLORER: Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. (then, is Graham Seymour returning, or will it be someone else?)

FREEDOM: Drew Devine March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen July 28 until September 29,followed by Drew Devine September 29 for 4 months.

GRANDEUR: Bob Leininger June 2 until October 6. Bob Leininger returns December 1 for another 4 month contract. (Will Mitch Merucci or Mike Szwajkowski be doing the fill-in from Oct 6 until December 1?)

HARMONY: Dru Pavlov April 21 until early-September (need handover date) then Abe Hughes early-September for 4 months.

INDEPENDENCE: Joff Eaton May 28 until September 22, then Tim Connor September 22 (for 2 months or 4 months?)

JEWEL: Simona Ferraiuolo June 16 until August 19, then Andrea Olivieri August 19 for 4 months

LIBERTY: Jeff Arpin May 27 until July 22, then Marc Walker July 22 for 4 months.

MARINER: Carlos Torres July 9 for 2 months, then Ricky Matthews early-September for 4 months (handover date?)

MAJESTY: Patricio Honores late-June until late-August (date? then who?)

NAVIGATOR: Rob McNally May 6 until late-August, then Cuddy Cudworth returns in late-August. (need handover date)

OASIS: Dan Whitney early May until early-September. (date? then who?)

OVATION: Mike Hunnerup March 23 (until late-July? then who?) Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.

QUANTUM: Is Fang Lixin is the current CD? Paul Rutter returns in the Fall (Sept/Oct) for a few months.

RADIANCE: Cuddy Cudworth June 15 until mid-August, then John Blair mid-August until January. (need handover date)

RHAPSODY: Tim Connor June 23 for 2 months, then Elvis Pinto mid-August for 4 months. (need handover date)

SERENADE: Jamie Fentiman May 13 until mid-September. (date? then who?)

SYMPHONY: Michele Scarpato March 11 until late-July (need handover date) then Bobby Brown late-July through the TA November 9

VISION: Steve Davis April 6 until August 6, then Ken Jones August 6 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns in early October for 4 months.

VOYAGER: Michelle Oliveira began late-May (for 4 months?)

CDs who are no longer active on RCI ships:

Jerome Sueur is reportedly joining Carnival and getting married soon.

Keith Williams is cleared to return from medical leave, but does not currently have a ship assignment.

Casey Pelter works shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Graham Seymour is semi-retired but fills-in from time to time as needed

Rich Edwards sadly passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry is Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment, and occasionally fills-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate works shoreside

Luke Arrowsmith Operations Manager Entertainment (Global) at P&O Cruises

Gordon Whatman is retired, but fills-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson-Foley Associate Vice President of Entertainment at Celebrity Cruises

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira is the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker- is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - is a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager PortRevenue Operations

Rico du Breil is a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Holding on to see if Dan will be the CD on the Oasis in the beginning of October.... hoping not...but we will see

It shouldn't be Dan. The usual contract is 4 months on followed by a 2 month break, so he should still be on break in early October.

Any idea who it will be on Liberty in December?
Hard to tell. I looked back over the previous thread to see if I could pick up a trend. It looks like it could be Jeff Arpin doing the fill in contract again, but that's just a guess.

THANK YOU so much from coming out of retirement and keeping a proper CD thread. I know we all applaud your hard work and just wanted you to know it is sincerely appreciated,.
Thank you! Edited by DonnaK

Can anyone find out:

Explorer: Who will be taking over on July 27?

Ovation: Who will be taking over at the end of July, and will it be a 2 month fill-in, or a 4 month contract until Joff takes over in November?

“I just booked an end of summer cruise on Allure, and I am excited to have a new-to-us cruise director, Mitch, on that sailing! Any feedback on him?”

We’ve had Mitch on both Majesty and Allure and really enjoyed sailing with him. Funny, personable and high energy. If you meet him tell him Paulette and Ken say hi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome back Donna and thank you for all your hard work maintaining this thread!

We will be sailing Vision the end of September and it looks like our CD will be Ken Jones. I'd love to hear the opinions of those who have sailed with him as CD before.

Donna it will be nice if you could also manage the activities manager list that list been Quiet for a while

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

LOL thanks, but no thanks! This list is quite enough to keep me busy!

I wonder why Paulette hasn't been around to update that list. It's weird that she suddenly left the boards. Hope she is OK and nothing happened.

Donna, there's a fairly recent post on our Brilliance 9/1 thread from someone currently on the ship. They said that Mike S. will be on the ship until 9/22.
Thank you. I will include this info the next time I post an updated list.

Just returned from Harmony-WOW, what a great cruise!

One aspect that we did not care for was our CD. In OUR OPINION & from our experiences on our past 12 Royal Caribbean cruises, although it did not detract from the cruise, Dru Pavlov (cruise director) was not very good or maybe not suited for an Oasis class ship. For my family, the CD has always been the face of the entire entertainment & activities on the ship. While he was very friendly & posed for a couple of pictures, Dru seemed like he was rarely around at big events. He would usually show up at the end as crowds were already exiting a show or event & no one paid attention to what he was saying. He was more of just an MC at some events. He is the first CD we have had who did nothing to add to the entertainment factor. I understand that the Oasis class of ships is a different beast, but we have been on the Allure with Allan Brooks in the past, and he was all over the ship at every main event & added to the entertainment factor himself. Once again, Dru was very friendly, but maybe just not my family's cup of tea as a CD.

Anyone have a better experience with Dru? Maybe he was just off his game this particular week. Once again, he seemed like a very friendly person.