Current Cruise Director (CD) List

2 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Wow - hopefully that means he may be getting a full time CD role. I'm jealous - would love to have Simeon as CD.

I believe he is only filling in on our March 9-16th sailing. I'll confirm with Rick. 

The good news is he will be our CD. The bad news is he will not be the Comedy Club host where he is usually absolutely hysterical.  

Just got off the Grandeur 2/2/19 a 12 night cruise. Cruise director was supposed to be Mike S. but he was in Miami for conference. Mike S. was supposed to be back on board from St. Martin. This didn’t happen. 

Marisio was acting CD for entire cruise. He tried hard. Led a dance class. Very funny at the Quest. Constantly saying Don’t touch me! 

Very funny with announcements. We were cracking up as he announced- Grab your life Yackets!

Activities Director was Nick. Activities were short late not good. Once we waited in the centrum for a half an hour with him finally showing up-Saying my bad I forgot to schedule someone. 

My wife and a whole bunch of angry ladies complained about lacking Zumba or similar. Grandeur food and service were excellent. Activities not!

On 2/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Yorkvillain said:

I believe he is only filling in on our March 9-16th sailing. I'll confirm with Rick. 

The good news is he will be our CD. The bad news is he will not be the Comedy Club host where he is usually absolutely hysterical.  

I was Googling pineapple briefs and I was somehow directed here.  In any case, he is indeed a one week wonder.  

1 minute ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Hi Rick - long time, no see. Hope you are doing well. Missed you on here.

Hi Joe,

I might make an appearance soon.  Depends on what York and Andrew do during our Symphony sailing.   I hear Tapatalk works again, so I may give CC another chance.  Hope all is well with you too. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:24 PM, Yorkvillain said:

Simeon was great as Comedy Club host on Symphony. Wonder if his gig as CD is an audition for him as a permanent CD with Royal...

2 hours ago, CruiseLifeRick said:

Hi Joe,

I might make an appearance soon.  Depends on what York and Andrew do during our Symphony sailing.   I hear Tapatalk works again, so I may give CC another chance.  Hope all is well with you too. 

Welcome back Rick!:classic_smile:

• Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 4:18 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Wow - hopefully that means he may be getting a full time CD role. I'm jealous - would love to have Simeon as CD.

Not me...I thought Simeon was crude and disgusting. He was so rude to an elderly German woman  who was sailing alone on our Harmony cruise 2017 and made fun of her. I will never go to any show if Simeon is there  or on any cruise that he is a cruise director.  So thank you for giving me a heads up that he is on Symphony now.

4 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Not me...I thought Simeon was crude and disgusting. He was so rude to an elderly German woman  who was sailing alone on our Harmony cruise 2017 and made fun of her. I will never go to any show if Simeon is there  or on any cruise that he is a cruise director.  So thank you for giving me a heads up that he is on Symphony now.

Comedians often do that. As popular as he is, his style won't be for everyone.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

54 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Comedians often do that. As popular as he is, his style won't be for everyone.

Agree...and he’s definitely not for me....or for my DH. He’s the only comedian we’ve run in to on all of our many cruises that we will not listen to again. Even the thought of him makes me nauseous!

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

If he was to become a CD, he would have to change some of his 'shtick', because what is 'acceptable in a comedy club' would NOT be acceptable as a CD.  I am sure that he knows that as well.  

On our recent Symphony sailing the Flight show could not be shown due to a technical problem.  They inserted a family comedy show, which Simeon hosted.....he was MUCH DIFFERENT than when he is in the comedy club.

On 1/21/2019 at 2:30 AM, DonnaK said:

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until February 3, then Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:    Who is the current CD until refurb?   Elvis Pinto returns March 3
ENCHANTMENT:   Bobby Broughton January 17 until March 4, then Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
FREEDOM:  Rob McNally January 13 (for 4 months?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Marc Walker December 16 until January 20, then Michele Scarpato January 20 (for 4 months?)   (Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony approximately early July)
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November (for 4 months?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November (for 4 months?)
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin January 20 (for 4 months?)
MARINER: Mercedes Lafuente January 10 through March 18 then Marc Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   in drydock until February 24 - Does Rob McNally return on February 24 for 4 months?
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 2 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until March 30
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst January 12 (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: A Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October until early February
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?)

I guess RCI got the hint about John Blair and moved him off the Australian circuit.  We had him and his wife on the Radiance Trans-Pacific and there were plenty of comments from fellow guests about their style and that they may not be right for the Australian market. I guess we have been spoilt with the likes of Cuddy and of course Graham Seymour.

3 hours ago, soak01 said:

I guess RCI got the hint about John Blair and moved him off the Australian circuit.  We had him and his wife on the Radiance Trans-Pacific and there were plenty of comments from fellow guests about their style and that they may not be right for the Australian market. I guess we have been spoilt with the likes of Cuddy and of course Graham Seymour.

I agree. Whilst I like that John and his wife give it their all and are still enthusiastic after many years, their style ultimately is very American and didn't do much for me as a Brit, and I suspected that the Australian market would feel the same. They are a good fit for Baltimore.

8 hours ago, soak01 said:

I'm really surprised to read this.  John and Katrina have sailed the Australian and NZ itineraries for years, and always do a great job, wherever they are and whatever ship they are on.  Of course, they are fellow Americans, but I have never been critical of a CD because he wasn't American.  I don't really care where they are from, as long as they do a good job, which I believe John does.

9 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I'm really surprised to read this.  John and Katrina have sailed the Australian and NZ itineraries for years, and always do a great job, wherever they are and whatever ship they are on.  Of course, they are fellow Americans, but I have never been critical of a CD because he wasn't American.  I don't really care where they are from, as long as they do a good job, which I believe John does.

John and Katrina only did 2 stints in Australia on Radiance. I think it's just that their style is very American and doesn't go over quite so well in Australia. It would be the same if they appeared on a ship out of the UK. 

It's an issue of demographic - you are correct that the nationality of a CD means nothing, but some are more suited to certain demographics than others.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:11 AM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Jeff is on Liberty until April 28th. Replacing him will be new CD Brian Leavitt who used to be on Carnival.

Donna, Jeff Arprin is on Liberty from Feb 12 to April 28. Brian Leavitt will come on April 28th. When we were on LB 2-3-10, Enzo told me they were changing CD's mid-cruise, on Feb 12 when BR was in Cozumel with Liberty because BR is now Enzo's ship.

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Donna, Jeff Arprin is on Liberty from Feb 12 to April 28. Brian Leavitt will come on April 28th. When we were on LB 2-3-10, Enzo told me they were changing CD's mid-cruise, on Feb 12 when BR was in Cozumel with Liberty because BR is now Enzo's ship.

I don't think Donna is doing the list any more. Not sure who is taking over.

Brian looks like he will be a good addition to the CD club. Glad that they've given him a large ship off the bat.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:30 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

I don't think Donna is doing the list any more. Not sure who is taking over.

Brian looks like he will be a good addition to the CD club. Glad that they've given him a large ship off the bat.

I am sure Royal does a lengthy job of interviewing before hiring.  Giving him a big ship, when there are others already in their hierarchy that probably would love an opportunity on a big ship, could create some hard feelings.  It isn't easy looking outside for a new hire especially in a very visible position.   Time will tell.

Just now, Paulette3028 said:

I am sure Royal does a lengthy job of interviewing before hiring.  Giving him a big ship, when there are others already in their hierarchy that probably would love an opportunity on a big ship, could create some hard feelings.  It isn't easy looking outside for a new hire especially in a very visible position.   Time will tell.

Compared to some of the other CD's, he seems quite young and energetic so is probably a good fit. No point giving a CD one of the big ships if they aren't up to the job.

It's all an issue of demographic.