Current Cruise Director (CD) List

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

I’m thinking the same thing. I would also add for us a great activities staff and manager are equally important.

Transatlantic on Visions October 2018 the activities manager was Talita Leone and it was our best cruise ever. Non stop activities and fun.

February 2019 Grandeur was the worst activities or lack of in over 40 cruises on many ships and different cruise brands. However the Grandeur food and service were excellent. Grandeur 2017 was excellent with Sherrie the activities manager.

I like to find out who the CD is for an upcoming cruise and then reach out to them for assurances that Zumba and dancing opportunities are abundant. Each and every time RCL CD’s have gotten back to me.

Anthem 2016 excellent staff.

I do this for my wife. If she’s happy I’m happy!

Who was the CD on your terrible Grandeur Cruise? Just curious. 

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)
ALLURE  Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803
ENCHANTMENT:    Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER:  Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:   Marc Walker March 29 until late July #812, then Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November until late March (need date, then who?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November, Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin  -April 28, Brian Leavitt new CD as of April 28 #755 through August 11 #893
MARINER: Mercedes Lafuente off ship. #839 Who's next?

MAJESTY:  Tanya Yates Tongue January 14 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 2 months?), Mike Hunnerup TA in April #701
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until March 30, Chris Brown TP April 17 #738
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst January 12 (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE:  Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY:  Simeon March 9 #769,  then Abe Hughes March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:    CeCe #810 
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?)

On 2/28/2019 at 6:34 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Elvis Pinto confirmed he is now back on Empress as of today,  after his vacation is over...back to the work he loves....but while on vacation he cruised on Radiance....what a hoot that must have been!

Elvis would be remaining on Empress for a 4 month contract that began March 4, so it should go until early July.

7 hours ago, Tevety said:

Who was the CD on your terrible Grandeur Cruise? Just curious. 

Supposedly Mike S. But he was in Miami on conference. We had a substitute who tried and was a nice guy. Mareshio spells different?

Activities staff did not show up for an event where the centrum was waiting full of passengers. Eventually guy shows up and says he forgot to schedule someone. Other activities were short or started late. Zumba type activities were not good.

I heard good things about Mike S. But he wasn’t there.

Many fellow passengers that were at activities complained. Seems like a fill in crew was onboard. Activities staff that was supposed to do stretch class didn’t have a clue. The Grandeur has excellent food and service. Prior cruise on Grandeur was a blast with Sherrie January a couple years ago 2017. Fantastic Activities Manager.

Jimmy Rhodes on RCL Explorer was great out of Bayonne 2010 and 2011. Topi Yloden On Visions a few years ago was great. We’ll try Grandeur again as service is excellent and hopefully activities are great again.

Gordon Whatman is the takeout CD on Spectrum (SC), first cruise is 18 April not sure of his contract duration!!

i will try to find out when I board on 18 April 😀

Edited by Miamia65

11 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

Gordon Whatman is the takeout CD on Spectrum (SC), first cruise is 18 April not sure of his contract duration!!

i will try to find out when I board on 18 April 😀

Someone posted that Bobby Brown would do the takeout -- will there be two at the same time, or will they rotate, as with the other ships?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Someone posted that Bobby Brown would do the takeout -- will there be two at the same time, or will they rotate, as with the other ships?

There may well be two. When I was on Ovation in 2016 for the Barcelona to Dubai cruise, Joff Eaton was the cruise director, but Gordon Whatman was also on board.

Corinna

On the SY inaugural, both Bobby and Michele were CD's. I believe one was more behind the scenes and the other was more public but they did co-host some events and did the morning show together. On the QN and AN, they had a public CD (Jimmy on QN and Joff on AN) and Ken Rush handled many of the behind the scenes duties. I imagine it will be similar on Spectrum.

I just got a private message from one of my Activity Managers today, Assata Young-Mayer, that she currently is serving as the CD on Mariner.  In her message to me, she said she technically is both, but she is serving as the CD right now.

Edited by Paulette3028

On 3/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Joff is on OV until April 17th and Chris Brown will cover his vacation - Joff will be back to Ovation in June for Alaska cruises. Should have booked OV...

Angelle will be back as AM in May.

So close! Would have loved to sail with Joff again. Sailing May 13th so right in the middle of his break.

Just off the mariner with Assada as cd.  She was among the best we have ever had.  If she isn’t already a full time cd she deserves to be promoted effective immediately.  She is better than most cds we have had recently with royal Caribbean and reminded us of Becky Thompson who was our favorite until she retired.  Assada was engaging, funny organized and well balanced.  Great job royal Caribbean.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, DELTABLUE said:

INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November until late March (need date, then who?)

Dan Whitney took over for Jamie Fentiman.  Jamie just signed off the ship. Jamie will return to Indy after his vacation, end of May.  

On 3/16/2019 at 5:43 PM, wolfcathorse said:

be careful with what appears to be CD changes. They had their annual CD meeting in Miami and many Activities Managers took over for the week (ie Assada on Mariner).

From what I understand from Assata (who I am friends with on FB), she has been covering as CD for a few weeks following the CD meeting.