Could someone PLEASE post recent pics/videos on the Amsterdam

So sorry that we were just on the Amsterdam 2 weeks ago and took ZERO pics. We have done Alaska several times so left the camera @ home. Cell phone as well. Yes, I know it sounds insane but we wanted a total disconnect on this vacation. :o

Let me attest to you that Amsterdam is absolutely gorgeous. New furniture and carpeting everywhere. Well thought out. Crows Nest is totally inviting. New leather recliners, couches, the works. As far as "ugly stepsisters" comments.. PLEEZE!!

So sorry that we were just on the Amsterdam 2 weeks ago and took ZERO pics. We have done Alaska several times so left the camera @ home. Cell phone as well. Yes, I know it sounds insane but we wanted a total disconnect on this vacation. :o

Let me attest to you that Amsterdam is absolutely gorgeous. New furniture and carpeting everywhere. Well thought out. Crows Nest is totally inviting. New leather recliners, couches, the works. As far as "ugly stepsisters" comments.. PLEEZE!!

By any chance were you in Vista Suite? If so, can you describe the present color scheme and whether there are usable electrical outlets in the bathroom?

So sorry that we were just on the Amsterdam 2 weeks ago and took ZERO pics.

I totally understand. I did a 2-week East Africa safari 30 years ago and didn’t bother with a camera (film back then). I just have my memories and they’re the best!

I can understand completely with the desire to see what the MS Amsterdam looks like now. My husband and I will be cruising to Alaska in August and have never cruised on Holland America before. Lately, I have felt somewhat obsessed in searching for pictures. The excitement is getting the better of me, what can I say? Other than those posted by Bill and Mary Ann on their blog, the pictures have been rare.

https://cruisingwithbillandmaryann.blogspot.com/ So be it.

When we go, we will plan to take pictures of our room, etc. on embarkation day to supplement what has been shared. I am uncertain if we will be able to have an opportunity to take pictures of a Vista suite or Lanai stateroom as has been requested, but we will do what we can and post our pictures after we return.

Does anybody who used the Amsterdam after refurbishment know what brand/model tv set is in the Vista suites? Essentially I am interest in the available input ports.

TV's have not been replaced to my knowledge - they are still the same old small, square flat panel silver ones that have been there for years

I can understand completely with the desire to see what the MS Amsterdam looks like now. My husband and I will be cruising to Alaska in August and have never cruised on Holland America before. Lately, I have felt somewhat obsessed in searching for pictures. The excitement is getting the better of me, what can I say? Other than those posted by Bill and Mary Ann on their blog, the pictures have been rare.

When we go, we will plan to take pictures of our room, etc. on embarkation day to supplement what has been shared. I am uncertain if we will be able to have an opportunity to take pictures of a Vista suite or Lanai stateroom as has been requested, but we will do what we can and post our pictures after we return.

Any details you can provide will be great! I am especially interested to know if ALL rooms got the bathroom refresh with new tile/sink counters or if it was only Suites and Lanais. I know only Lanai rooms had tubs removed and replaced with the glass walk-in showers.

Yes, please post pictures when you return. I too am obsessed with seeing pictures. We are sailing to AK next August and have never sailed HAL.

Any details you can provide will be great! I am especially interested to know if ALL rooms got the bathroom refresh with new tile/sink counters or if it was only Suites and Lanais. I know only Lanai rooms had tubs removed and replaced with the glass walk-in showers.
I read somewhere that the Lanais still have the tubs.

I swear that someone posted an email stating that all former d rooms converted to lanai had tubs removed and replaced with shower only. Also the remaining d cabins on lower promenade and all c cabins on main were also supposed to have tubs removed and converted to shower only as well.

Maybe I’m confused - it could have been Zaandam instead. They both went into dry dock so close together it’s hard to keep up and HAL HQ in Seattle is beyond useless in getting info from so

TV's have not been replaced to my knowledge - they are still the same old small, square flat panel silver ones that have been there for years

That is strange because according to cruisemapper these are some of the refurbishments that were supposed to happen:

top-grade suites upgrades:

• furnishings (sofa, chairs, headboard, carpet, wall coverings, privacy curtain, drapery, bed runner, bed skirt, quartz stone top (vanity), vanity lighting, dresser, dressing table, nightstands)
  • decor
  • amenities
  • USB outlet, power outlets
  • LED lighting
  • BOSE SoundDock (iPod station)
  • interactive TV system
  • upgraded bathrooms

• Enhancements vary by ship.
  • All Vista-, Signature- and Rotterdam-class liners' Suites received new furniture, carpeting, wall covers, quartz stone topped desk, dresser, nightstands, make-up vanity, USB outlet (on the bed's headboard), LED reading lights, lighted closet rod, interactive flat TV system (free movies on demand), new in-cabin amenities (espresso coffee machine, binoculars, free mimosas with in-cabin breakfast).
  • On the ships Amsterdam, Noordam and Zaandam, the old Crow's Nest (top-deck panoramic bar lounge) was replaced by EXC (Explorations Central).

I swear that someone posted an email stating that all former d rooms converted to lanai had tubs removed and replaced with shower only. Also the remaining d cabins on lower promenade and all c cabins on main were also supposed to have tubs removed and converted to shower only as well.

Maybe I’m confused - it could have been Zaandam instead. They both went into dry dock so close together it’s hard to keep up and HAL HQ in Seattle is beyond useless in getting info from so

I so hope you're right about the lanai showers.

Clicke.Write.Post - if you get a chance to sneak a peek into any interior rooms (and snap a surreptitious photo or 3 of the room and or bath) it would be appreciated. Especially if it just so happened to be 2619 :) :) :)

I will see what we can do lol. Regardless, enjoy the trip you have planed. :)

Clicke.Write.Post - if you get a chance to sneak a peek into any interior rooms (and snap a surreptitious photo or 3 of the room and or bath) it would be appreciated. Especially if it just so happened to be 2619 :) :) :)

From what I have read, not much, if anything, was changed in the Interior or Ocean View rooms during dry dock. Have you seen these photos from August 2014?

http://halfacts.com/2671-amsterdam/

Here is another picture from December 2016:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/12/05/holland-america-amsterdam-cruise/94983678/

Click.Write.Post - I’m curious to know what the Internet packages are on the Amsterdam. If you could take a photo of that advertisement and post it at your leisure I would really appreciate it. I’m hoping the Amsterdam starts using the “unlimited” plans (and not the minutes packages) since I’m on the 2019 World Cruise. Thanks in advance.

Click.Write.Post - I’m curious to know what the Internet packages are on the Amsterdam. If you could take a photo of that advertisement and post it at your leisure I would really appreciate it. I’m hoping the Amsterdam starts using the “unlimited” plans (and not the minutes packages) since I’m on the 2019 World Cruise. Thanks in advance.

I will see what I can find out. I better start a list of "to do's" lol.

I am currently on Rotterdam for the Voyage of the Vikings (38 days). We were offered the "unlimited 3 tier" plans, but we were only allowed to purchase 31 days at the beginning. We will have to purchase an additional package later if we wish to continue to use the internet.