Room service coffee

There is usually a hang-tag in your room to order breakfast for the next day. It's easier to just schedule when you want your coffee delivered and hang the tag the night before.

If I order coffee each morning from room service, can I do so just by calling down there when I wake up? How long does it usually take to get to the room?

you can order each morning but I would simply hang the little card on the door before going to bed. That way the coffee will be there when you want it.

Does the service charge apply to just coffee?

I would think so outside of breakfast. Coffee and "cold breakfast" (pastries, fruit, cereal) are free during the specified breakfast times as long as you fill out the door hanger card and leave it on your door the night before. I don't know if they would charge you if you *called* for room service coffee during breakfast hours.

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, fruit, pastries, toast all complimentary 'continental breakfast' items. We order every night using the tag for delivery early AM. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does room service coffee come with milk/cream and sugar? Or do we need to request it separately?

Not milk unless your order milk. It does come with half-and-half, sugar, sweet-n-low, spleda, and spoons/coffee stirrers.

Do they still have coffee in the room? specifically Escape balcony room?

Yes, balcony and above on the escape have coffee makers int he rooms. Balcony and mini-suites have Hamilton Beach pod coffee makers and I believe Haven had Nespresso.

Yes, balcony and above on the escape have coffee makers int he rooms. Balcony and mini-suites have Hamilton Beach pod coffee makers and I believe Haven had Nespresso.

By pod coffee, do you mean Keurig pods?

If I order coffee each morning from room service, can I do so just by calling down there when I wake up? How long does it usually take to get to the room?

Yes, you can call down when you wake up. It will take between 15 and 45 minutes depending on how busy room service is when you call.

• 1 month later...

Much easier to use the door hanger and pre-order your coffee. Pick a time slot (7.00-7.30, 7.30-8.00 etc.). I found that it usually arrives close to the earlier time. Coffee pots are small, basically hold two cups each, so order more than one if necessary.

I always tip $2-3 for room service, but that's a personal choice.

Yes, you can call down when you wake up. It will take between 15 and 45 minutes depending on how busy room service is when you call.
Thank you for answering the question asked. I often wondered this same thing.

For all of you who said to use the hang tag, well, this is free style cruising and the last thing I might want to do is schedule my wake up time.

Thank you for answering the question asked. I often wondered this same thing.

For all of you who said to use the hang tag, well, this is free style cruising and the last thing I might want to do is schedule my wake up time.

I am jealous! I have reached the age where no matter what I do or when I go to bed, my body is programmed to wake up around the same time every day.

I am jealous! I have reached the age where no matter what I do or when I go to bed, my body is programmed to wake up around the same time every day.

I’m the same.

I rarely sleep in more than an hour or so more on weekends than I do during the week.

One of my favorite things on a cruise is to have my breakfast on the balcony to start the day (and to have nightcaps on the balcony at night). So, I fill out the breakfast tag the night before.

Dinners are really where I take advantage of Freestyle! And NCL does it better than anyone.

Much easier to use the door hanger and pre-order your coffee. Pick a time slot (7.00-7.30, 7.30-8.00 etc.). I found that it usually arrives close to the earlier time. Coffee pots are small, basically hold two cups each, so order more than one if necessary.

I always tip $2-3 for room service, but that's a personal choice.

Good point about it usually arriving at the earlier time. This has been our experience as well.

Remember to set your alarm so you are awake when they arrive. We forgot once on our last cruise and the knock on the door was our alarm.

Believe me, I am the same way. I actually am usually up and at the gym by 6:00AM just like I was home and there is no alarm involved. If I could sleep later, I'd love to. With my luck, the day I schedule them to bring me coffee at a certain time is the day I would have slept right through that time, given the chance.

Good point about it usually arriving at the earlier time. This has been our experience as well.

Remember to set your alarm so you are awake when they arrive. We forgot once on our last cruise and the knock on the door was our alarm.

I can not remember if it was our last NCL, RCL or Celebrity cruise but they called the room to let you know they were on the way. I really liked that...could have my robe on and my tip handy.

Edited by agargoyle

I can not remember if it was our last RCL or Celebrity cruise but they called the room to let you know they were on the way. I really liked that...could have my robe on and my tip handy.

When I was on the Gem in June, they called ahead with morning room service every day.

• Like 1