Updated Speciality Restaurant Booking Guide

KeithJenner

Hi Keith, Thanks for posting this thread. when you wrote:

If there are more than two people at the required level in the room then an additional voucher will be received, so that at each person gets two meals.

Is this new?

I thought the third platinum guest was previously not eligible for the dining vouchers... the latitude rewards website still says:

Dinner For Two At Cagney's Or Le Bistro With A Bottle Of Wine6 (per stateroom)

Dinner For Two At Moderno Or La Cucina6

(per stateroom)

Thanks for any clarification.

It isn’t particularly new, but was changed a few months after everything was changed last year.

If you look at the FAQ’s there is a question about what happens when there are multiple platinums (or above) in a room. In the answer to that it states that for 3 or more people you get extra vouchers.

It isn’t particularly new, but was changed a few months after everything was changed last year.

If you look at the FAQ’s there is a question about what happens when there are multiple platinums (or above) in a room. In the answer to that it states that for 3 or more people you get extra vouchers.

Thank you, great information!

Does anyone know if you can change or cancel reservations that you've made? Or does it have to be done once onboard? Thank you!

I’ve never done it, but I believe you can change or cancel them by phoning up. It certainly can’t be done online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you are traveling solo and as Platinum receive dinner for two vouchers...are you allowed to use it as a single 2 different nights. As I have to pay for two in my cabin, even though I am solo, I really hope I dont have to pay double and then end up getting half as much in bonuses. ;p;pclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Does anyone know if you are traveling solo and as Platinum receive dinner for two vouchers...are you allowed to use it as a single 2 different nights. As I have to pay for two in my cabin, even though I am solo, I really hope I dont have to pay double and then end up getting half as much in bonuses. ;p;pclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

No, you can’t split the vouchers, but they are still meals for 2, so if you find another solo who is happy to join you then you can share each other’s and you get 4 meals for 2 between you.

No, you can’t split the vouchers, but they are still meals for 2, so if you find another solo who is happy to join you then you can share each other’s and you get 4 meals for 2 between you.

Just to clarify, you obviously need to find another solo platinum in order to get 4 meals for 2. If you go with another solo who isn’t platinum then you will basically treat them to a couple of meals.

Thank you both. Yes, I saw about overbooking reservation numbers, but I didn't know if I'd have to pay a penalty or surcharge. Thank you for clarifying.

oops I quoted your wrong post.. but you asked about kids menus. The free kids menu is stuff like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, PB&J. and is free no matter what restaurant you're in.

My experience was that we planned to pay a la carte for our kids and we had the SDP for the adults. But the servers made it work to fudge their food into our meals when they could. If they ordered an entree, we paid the extra, but if they ordered an appetizer, they just made it count as one of the adults'. It might not happen that way every time, and I'd go in expecting to pay if you order from the specialty menu, but if they offer... go for it. Leave a little extra tip and/or write a nice note about them to the boss without spilling the beans in case they'd get in trouble. :)

Thanks for this info. It has been difficult at times for me to figure out what to book first when we have the SDP and platinum perks. Especially since we have two cabins (traveling with kids). But what you said holds true. You really have to decide how to book things so as not to have to pay online.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I’m new to Norwegian so trying to learn everything. When we booked we got the free dining for four nights. When the window opens the reservations can be made online or do I need to call to make them?
At 120 days prior for non-suite and 130 days prior for suites, you can make the reservations on line.

Has anyone tried getting a table at a specialty venue WITHOUT a reservation? For example, if someone was just a no-show for their reservations, you could be seated anyway.

Reservations are recommended but are not required. It's risky to not have a reservation, though. You could get seated immediately, wait for a while, or get turned away if you don't have a reservation.

Thank you for this post, excellent information!

I have a question. Sailing Dawn, DH and I sailing in cabin, and 2 friends sailing in separate cabin. We don't have the dining package as a perk, but are going to each buy the 3 Meal Specialty Dining Package online.

When reservations open up at 120 days out, I will be the person making the dinner reservations for all 4 of us at Cagney's, Le Bistro & La Cucina.

Question: Will I be able to make dinner reservations for all 4 of us at the specialties, even though there are only 2 in our cabin? Will I be charged a fee for my friends cover charge in advance? For example, if I'm reserving for 4 people will the system credit me for 2 based on the package associated with my cabin, and then want my credit card for the other 2 cover charges?

Many thanks for your help!

I have a question. Sailing Dawn, DH and I sailing in cabin, and 2 friends sailing in separate cabin. We don't have the dining package as a perk, but are going to each buy the 3 Meal Specialty Dining Package online.

When reservations open up at 120 days out, I will be the person making the dinner reservations for all 4 of us at Cagney's, Le Bistro & La Cucina.

Question: Will I be able to make dinner reservations for all 4 of us at the specialties, even though there are only 2 in our cabin? Will I be charged a fee for my friends cover charge in advance? For example, if I'm reserving for 4 people will the system credit me for 2 based on the package associated with my cabin, and then want my credit card for the other 2 cover charges?

Yes, you will be able to book for 4 people, regardless of how many people there are in your cabin.

All three restaurants that you are planning on booking are a la carte, so there is no advance payment due anyway. If you were booking one with a fixed fee (for example Teppenyaki or Moderno) then it still wouldn’t be payable as long as you had purchased the dining plan before booking. The system assumes that as you have the plan then so does everyone else you are booking for.

I just made our dinner reservations for our January cruise and I was able to reserve for 3, even though there are just 2 in our cabin. So yes, you can reserve for more than just your cabin.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Yes, you will be able to book for 4 people, regardless of how many people there are in your cabin.

All three restaurants that you are planning on booking are a la carte, so there is no advance payment due anyway. If you were booking one with a fixed fee (for example Teppenyaki or Moderno) then it still wouldn’t be payable as long as you had purchased the dining plan before booking. The system assumes that as you have the plan then so does everyone else you are booking for.

Thank you! This is CruiseCritic at its very best level. Travelers seeking information and being given answers. I appreciate those who take the time to assist others.

I just made our dinner reservations for our January cruise and I was able to reserve for 3, even though there are just 2 in our cabin. So yes, you can reserve for more than just your cabin.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

So thankful for fellow cruisers sharing their experiences!

Excellent post!

Does anyone know if we habe to be paid in full before booking the specialty dining and entertainment? Bookings open up tomorrow for us but our final payment isn’t until a few weeks later. Do you think we will be denied reservations?

My understanding is that the dates for booking restaurants is tied to final payment dates in the US. This is the reason why it was recently increased to 120 days, as the final payment date for the US was brought forward.

However we in the UK have different final payment dates, which have always been a month or more later than the US. As a result, I have never made final payment at the time that I book the restaurants and it has never been an issue.

Unless there is a difference in Canada (and I'd have thought it would have been mentioned here if there was) then you will be fine.