Is it True? I heard

I heard that Platinum guests now don't get the full bags of laundry on a 7-day cruise. Are they taking away some of those perks now?

No it is not true. On Horizon plats got the laundry. Where did you hear that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

Where did you 'hear' that? This is what the Carnival website has for laundry for Platinum:

Complimentary Wash & Fold laundry service (2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises,

3 bags on 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises)

We had the normal laundry service in March.

When the laundry reaches capacity they can either reduce the amount of laundry they take in or let it take longer to get done. That would seem like the choices. Or eliminate it altogether.

When the laundry reaches capacity they can either reduce the amount of laundry they take in or let it take longer to get done. That would seem like the choices. Or eliminate it altogether.

True , I have been on a few where the laundry was limited . Carnival has in the past even limited the Diamond ,Platinum gift to one per cabin. No mater how many Dia /Plat dwell in the cabin .

True , I have been on a few where the laundry was limited . Carnival has in the past even limited the Diamond ,Platinum gift to one per cabin. No mater how many Dia /Plat dwell in the cabin .

For special sailings that is partly true. They ask diamonds and plats to limit their use. They are in zero danger of exceeding capacity.

For special sailings that is partly true. They ask diamonds and plats to limit their use. They are in zero danger of exceeding capacity.

Partly true did you say :D Never been on a special sailing to where it was limited . Just a standard sailing . Evening Jimbo ,hope things are well with you .

Of course they reach capacity. It is why Platinum cruisers went from unlimited to a few bags/cruise. It is why laundry isn't always same day and now 2 day laundry is becoming more common.

Partly true did you say :D Never been on a special sailing to where it was limited . Just a standard sailing . Evening Jimbo ,hope things are well with you .

Currently on the Horizon at the white party332af084fd8fe5b0b17550d1d9805a1f.jpg.jpg[/img]

Of course they reach capacity. It is why Platinum cruisers went from unlimited to a few bags/cruise. It is why laundry isn't always same day and now 2 day laundry is becoming more common.

Have they had to cut back in the last three years? Two day is due to when it is picked up

Have they had to cut back in the last three years? Two day is due to when it is picked up

Two day is also because capacity is reached. It may someday go to 3. Luckily there is a self-limiting factor. Once people have to plan a little better, they might not send out as much.

Rumor is false but one thing I found on the Magic recently is that even though you specify you want same day service , it always came back the following day. Not a big deal but I couldn’t tell if it was due to laundry being busy or room steward forgot to deliver it the previous day.

We were on the Horizon 8 day in May/June and the Glory 7 day in April and noticed no difference in laundry service as Diamond and Platinum in cabin. Whatever we sent out was returned promptly, within 24 hrs. I believe we each used it twice during both cruises.

The only "limitation" we have experienced in the last 3 years is once on a Journeys cruise. Our steward informed us that the pick-up cut off day for the laundry was day 9 on an 11 day cruise due there being over 2,000 platinum + passengers on board. He further warned us that free laundry might take till the next day to be delivered back, which in our case did not happen. Our solution was as soon as a bag was full we sent it down instead of waiting for till mid cruise to send several bags in.

Sometimes they have an operational limitations due to itinerary (Grey water discharge), changes to fresh water making ability or loading, mechanical issues in laundry as well as capacity... but no systemic changes to the benefit.

Sometimes they have an operational limitations due to itinerary (Grey water discharge), changes to fresh water making ability or loading, mechanical issues in laundry as well as capacity... but no systemic changes to the benefit.

Yes, some foreign ports actually try to protect the environment.