Vineyard View

Booking future cruises on board

From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you

Yes...and another advantage is that you don't need to deal with the future cruise guy. Just turn in the form and it's done.

Thank you -I am not sure that would be a big enough incentive to take the time out of your vacation! Not having experienced either, I would hope you could just say to future cruise guy/lady that you are only interested in the FCC and move on. :confused:

Thank you -I am not sure that would be a big enough incentive to take the time out of your vacation! Not having experienced either, I would hope you could just say to future cruise guy/lady that you are only interested in the FCC and move on. :confused:

No reason to interact with Future Cruise personnel. Just fill out the form (there's a section for credit card info on the form), deposit in the box in the area. BTW, just to deal directly with the FC person usually results in a long wait time more often than not.

You don't even need to fill in the form, you can do it all through Princess@Sea.

Although you'll probably find a form in your cabin, pre-filled in with most details except how many FCDs you want to purchase.

We just dropped the form in the box. I think it was the morning we disembarked. It’s giving us $200 OBC on the cruise we just booked for next year. Can’t say no to free money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only real advantage is if you have a cruise in mind and want a specific cabin.

Every now and then (very rare) there is an onboard special with extra future OBC for specific cruises. Again, very rare. Don't go expecting it.

Last December while on the Royal we booked a future cruise we were already considering after it was announced that Princess was offering double the normal obc giving for using a fcd while on that voyage.

It was the first time we had seen this type of incentive.

Thanks everyone. Just to be sure I understand - only one FCC per person per cruise is allowed when booking another cruise, correct? Meaning if we bought 4 between the two of us, we would need to use them over 2 cruises?

Thanks everyone. Just to be sure I understand - only one FCC per person per cruise is allowed when booking another cruise, correct? Meaning if we bought 4 between the two of us, we would need to use them over 2 cruises?

Correct.

We fill out form early in the cruise and get confirmation emailed to us. Very easy.

unless we have a specific question about a ship or cruise no reason to talk to the cruise person

print it out from your cruise personalizer before the cruise, drop in box, done:cool:

The big advantage is it changes your required deposit to $100 dollars vs about 20% of the cruise value. It also gives you some on board credit once you book a cruise. But the credit is applied to the new cruise booked unlike some lines who give it on the current cruise.

So, if we travel as a family of four and want to book a future cruise onboard, we are best booking 4 FCC at $100 each to use on a future cruise for 2 cabins - correct? If we just book the actual cruise we want to sail onboard, then we miss out on the extra OBC and still have to pay a higher deposit? Now if I want the current promotion, can I email my TA whilst on the cruise and get her to use the FCCs against my new booking?

Surely it would be simpler to book the sailing onboard I want and have it transferred to my TA by Princess at source - providing I still was awarded the extra OBC? Or am I missing something?

So, if we travel as a family of four and want to book a future cruise onboard, we are best booking 4 FCC at $100 each to use on a future cruise for 2 cabins - correct? If we just book the actual cruise we want to sail onboard, then we miss out on the extra OBC and still have to pay a higher deposit? Now if I want the current promotion, can I email my TA whilst on the cruise and get her to use the FCCs against my new booking?

Surely it would be simpler to book the sailing onboard I want and have it transferred to my TA by Princess at source - providing I still was awarded the extra OBC? Or am I missing something?

Once you have purchased the 4 FCCs, you can either book yourself on board and then transfer to your TA, or you can e-mail your TA and have her/him book your cruise using your FCCs. Either way will work.

You can use more than one FCD for a booking, but why would you? You are only "awarded" the OBC once, regardless of how many FCDs you use.

It is as simple as you described. If you want to book while on board using your newly purchased FCDs you can. Sometimes the FCD form has an added incentive to book on board.

We saw one on one of our cruises that offered additional OBCs if you book NOW.

You can use more than one FCD for a booking, but why would you? You are only "awarded" the OBC once, regardless of how many FCDs you use.

It is as simple as you described. If you want to book while on board using your newly purchased FCDs you can. Sometimes the FCD form has an added incentive to book on board.

We saw one on one of our cruises that offered additional OBCs if you book NOW.

So really I’d only need to purchase 2 FCDs to book 2 cabins for 4 pax, not 4?

While you can use more than 1 FCD per person for one cabin, you won’t get any additional OBC than if you just used the one per person. If you book two cabins with two passengers in each cabin, you would need four FCDs to maximize your OBC.

The key here is that each passenger must have the FCD listed under his or her own name. So, in your scenario, you should use 4 $100 FCDs, each pruchased under the 4 different passengers.

This may or may not work...it is a per person deposit, so you could use one for yourself and have to pay the regular deposit for your travel companion.

Having said that, I have had the $100 deposit happen for both persons in the cabin. However you only get the OBC for the person under whose name the FCD was entered.

So, using FDC's in your example, using two for two cabins would result in OBC's for only two accounts.

Also, as someone said, there is no additional OBC for booking a future cruise while you are onboard. (HAL actually has a bonus for this, but Princess not so much)

While you can use more than 1 FCD per person for one cabin, you won’t get any additional OBC than if you just used the one per person. If you book two cabins with two passengers in each cabin, you would need four FCDs to maximize your OBC.

The key here is that each passenger must have the FCD listed under his or her own name. So, in your scenario, you should use 4 $100 FCDs, each pruchased under the 4 different passengers.

This may or may not work...it is a per person deposit, so you could use one for yourself and have to pay the regular deposit for your travel companion.

Having said that, I have had the $100 deposit happen for both persons in the cabin. However you only get the OBC for the person under whose name the FCD was entered.

So, using FDC's in your example, using two for two cabins would result in OBC's for only two accounts.

Also, as someone said, there is no additional OBC for booking a future cruise while you are onboard. (HAL actually has a bonus for this, but Princess not so much)

Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard ;).

You don't even need to fill in the form, you can do it all through Princess@Sea.

I used this on recent cruise. Email confirmation received later in day. Easy.

The only reason I could see to use more than one FCD per person would be if you had ones that were going to expire and you wanted to go ahead and use them against a cruise instead of having to wait for the refund check.

From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you

We usually just fill out the form for FFC when we're on a cruise. But in April on our Panama Canal cruise, we stopped in the future cruise line office to ask a question about a future cruise we had already booked and we were so glad we did. He not only got us a better cabin, but we got extra OBC and saved another 400.00 on our total cruise price. It seems that sometimes the future booking officers do have access to specials that are only for when you book on board.

Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard ;).

FCDs are associated with a person's Captain's Circle Account and can only be applied to a future cruise booked for that person. FCDs can only be purchased by/for a person currently on the cruise on which they are purchased.

FCDs are associated with a person's Captain's Circle Account and can only be applied to a future cruise booked for that person. FCDs can only be purchased by/for a person currently on the cruise on which they are purchased.

We will all be on the cruise ;).

Last time I bought the FCC, my TA was informed of the purchase either by Princess or by their system. I didn't have to contact them.

When I booked my next cruise, they simply applied it.

Depends, we have booked on board, launch cruise fares and gotten very generous on board credits, i.e., $500 on 10 Mexican cruise... would not get that obc if booked later.

If you book onboard, it is the equivalent of purchasing a FCC and then immediately applying it to the cruise, so you will get the OBC and use the FCC as your deposit. At the time of booking on board you can ask that the booking be assigned to your TA or you can wait and have the transfer to your TA done after the cruise at your convenience (but before final payment). Please note that the offer of OBC is only for the first two passengers in a cabin.

We usually just fill out the form for FFC when we're on a cruise. But in April on our Panama Canal cruise, we stopped in the future cruise line office to ask a question about a future cruise we had already booked and we were so glad we did. He not only got us a better cabin, but we got extra OBC and saved another 400.00 on our total cruise price. It seems that sometimes the future booking officers do have access to specials that are only for when you book on board.

I suspect that the representative just knew of a current sale/promotion that you were not aware of and was able to switch you to that sale/promotion.

If you wish, you can apply more than one FCC to a person for a cruise. However, OBC will only be given for the first one used for a person. If you use a second one, it will just be putting down an additional $100 towards your cruise fare.

In other words, there is no benefit for using more than one FCC/person unless you have them and know you will not be using them in the future and just want to get rid of them.

I have a cruise booked for August 2019. I will be cruising in September 2018. Can I buy 2 FCDs on the September cruise and have them applied to my 2019 cruise in order to get OBC?

I have a cruise booked for August 2019. I will be cruising in September 2018. Can I buy 2 FCDs on the September cruise and have them applied to my 2019 cruise in order to get OBC?

Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.

Thanks for the info. I shall certainly do that. I never would have thought of it if I hadn't stopped to read this thread.:D

Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.

Are you sure? Had you actually booked and paid a deposit for your Future September cruise when you bought the FCDs.

I read the op as having ALREADY BOOKED and if I book NOW for a July 2019 cruise I can get an OBC offer that runs off at the end of August and I dont sail until September 18 to get the FCD.

We will all be on the cruise ;).

Hi Just to check something - You are in the UK? but IIRC I have read other posts where you say you book via a US TA to escape the mugging we get booking in the UK.

I asked a few questions on FCDs and one thing that came up was that you MUST ask for the FCD in the currency that you want to book your future cruise in.

eg if I had booked next cruise in USD then my FCD would default to 100 USD and Cr Card would be debited with 100 USD.

If I then booked my future cruise in GBP I dont think the 100USD FCD can be used.

If you do use both you might want to check that out.

While on my upcoming 2018 cruise I plan to purchase 2 FCC ( for hubby and me) receive OBC, then book a cruise. What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?

I listed my cruise planner's name the first time I did FCC. So she also got a copy of my FCC's numbers. So now when I purchase the FCC on board her name pops up automatically. So we both get the numbers.

Sali

What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?

Yes, and yes UNLESS your original booking was under a non-refundable deposit. If you have to cancel a non-refundable booking, everything goes bye-bye, including your FCD.

Thank you, I actually don't think I would do a nonrefundable cruise anytime.