When Do You Do This...

geocruiser

I feel like a cruise nut! This afternoon I just got off the phone with my TA (she just put the deposit on our Jan cruise) and immediately I went to Princess's web site, signed in and fill out all the pre-cruise forms.

I could not even wait a minute. No matter how many cruises I take, I have to do this, straight away.

It is part of the fun for me. It never gets old.

Do you do the same thing? Or am I just too cruise happy?

I usually do this right after we make our final payment. That way the cruise is locked in, flights are set and other necessary arrangements are locked in. But there is nothing wrong in doing it your way. As long as it gets done before you embark.

I feel like a cruise nut! This afternoon I just got off the phone with my TA (she just put the deposit on our Jan cruise) and immediately I went to Princess's web site, signed in and fill out all the pre-cruise forms.

I could not even wait a minute. No matter how many cruises I take, I have to do this, straight away.

I'm the same as you, or as my kids say I'm "obsessed" with cruising!

Does anyone remember pre-computer days and filling out all of the forms by hand, at midnight the night before the cruise?? And getting the excursion brochure in the mail and filling those out manually as well? And of course waiting forever to check in because there were always people who had not completed the forms and did so at the check-in counter!!

Thank God for the internet, really helps with my OCD!

Same exact thing I do sir.....:D:D:D

Bob

Does anyone remember pre-computer days and filling out all of the forms by hand, at midnight the night before the cruise?? And getting the excursion brochure in the mail and filling those out manually as well? And of course waiting forever to check in because there were always people who had not completed the forms and did so at the check-in counter!!

I miss getting the documents in the mail. Still do a "Digital" document dance but it's not the same as having the Fed-Ex/UPS envelope in my hand.....:):):)

Bob

I fill everything out about a week after I book JIC I get a call from our TA. We're flying to Sydney in January so there's extra forms we have to fill out to enter into the Australia. If you ever have to fill out one of those TSA forms, I got hung up on the Area code for the USA. It's 1. Just the number 1! I was putting in 001. I was about ready to call the TA and cancel the cruise over it. But it finally took the #1, got approved and that was that. I don't think I can wait until last payment JIC something happens. With the Visa thing I couldn't get help from our TA or Princess. Too much stress. I like the i's dotted and the t's crossed. We even have our seats for the flights picked out. Went to SeatGuru and read the reviews as to which are good seats and which are bad. Knowledge is power.

I remember the "old" days. My first cruise was about 1976. I use to love getting my cruise tickets from my TA. I also would be shopping for new dresses back then. Had to have all new clothes.

You’re just like my husband [emoji4] ours isn’t until Christmas 2019 but he literally went right in and filled in everything he could. I’m going to wait a little haha.

Wish I could get DH to do that. I fill out both or ours.

He just shows up when it's time to get on the ship, I do the rest.

Wish I could get DH to do that. I fill out both or ours.

He just shows up when it's time to get on the ship, I do the rest.

Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm the only one that can be trusted to get it right. :D:D

I thought everyone fills it in immediately. I couldn't wait until a few weeks before a cruise to fill in our info. I book most of our cruises after the final payment date, so it's not too long a wait.

I remember the "old" days. My first cruise was about 1976. I use to love getting my cruise tickets from my TA. I also would be shopping for new dresses back then. Had to have all new clothes.
Oh yes! Back then for a 10 night cruise there would be 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal and the remainder smart casual. I packed 3 suitcases and a garment bag. One suitcase was just for shoes, purses and extra coat hangers! It was such a pain doing the packing, while working, and trying to get my place in order, I often felt all the work wasn't worth it. But as soon as I'd get on the plane I was over it.

And do you remember the nice luggage tags that were included? And the nice wallet they gave you for your tickets and paperwork?

I always book our cruises myself and then transfer to my TA just before final payment. At that point he gives me a discount on the price. I fill out the info online right away. In the case of two of our upcoming cruises I am unable to finish the info for myself as I will need to renew my passport before the time the cruises happen. I have it all filled out for my wife and "most of it" filled out for myself but my current passport expires before the cruises happen so I have to wait for the rest. I really want to finish filling it out (although there is obviously no reason to feel that way) but have no reason to renew my passport this early. The cruises in question are in October and November of 2019.

Oh yes! Back then for a 10 night cruise there would be 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal and the remainder smart casual. I packed 3 suitcases and a garment bag. One suitcase was just for shoes, purses and extra coat hangers! It was such a pain doing the packing, while working, and trying to get my place in order, I often felt all the work wasn't worth it. But as soon as I'd get on the plane I was over it.

And do you remember the nice luggage tags that were included? And the nice wallet they gave you for your tickets and paperwork?

Back in the mid 70's I was sailing on home lines. I would have four suite cases for a week. Back then I remember they suggested to get off in port for the ladies to wear a sun dress! So, I had to pack at least 7 of them for the day on shore.

To get on and off the ship, you gave them a paper ticket.

The wallet I remember from HAL. I still have some of them.