On Board Loyalty Credit

mcrcruiser

What is this on board loyalty credit all about ? I have never heard of any thing like this before .

TIA

Starting with your 20th cruise credit (CrC) you will receive a Captain's Circle refundable Loyalty OBC, see chart below. It is one loyalty OBC/cabin for occupants with the same last name. Unrelated qualified occupants each receive the refundable OBC. It is automatic.

CrC 20 to 31 = $25 OBC

CrC 32 to 41 = $50 OBC

CrC 42 to 51 = $75 OBC

CrC 52 and over = $100 OBC

Starting with your 20th cruise credit (CrC) you will receive a Captain's Circle refundable Loyalty OBC, see chart below. It is one loyalty OBC/cabin for occupants with the same last name. Unrelated qualified occupants each receive the refundable OBC. It is automatic.

CrC 20 to 31 = $25 OBC

CrC 32 to 41 = $50 OBC

CrC 42 to 51 = $75 OBC

CrC 52 and over = $100 OBC

Thanks . This must have been a recent development by Princess .,perhaps in the last year or so .

We have 80 cruises but not with Princess .We are very high with Celebrity & RCCL loyalty levels . We get free drinks free bags of wash + many more perks .

The only problem with CCL cruise lines is that you must reach your loyalty level with each cruise line . Royal Caribbean Corp.on the other hand moves loyalty levels between their different brands . This makes it great if any one is sailing their different lines . We are Elite Plus with Celebrity & Diamond when sailing Royal Caribbean ships .We have not sailed Azamara small ships yet

Unfortunately both Celebrity & Royal Caribbean have not sailed from the 2 southern Calif ports in a long time .Celebrity is now doing a R/T Hawaii from San Pedro ,Ca ;but ,their prices are way higher than the Princess cruise we booked for Dec 2019 Hawaii . About $1700 higher .Thus ,we got a sweet price deal with Princess for this cruise . We most likely will also book the Royal Princess Coastal Calif cruise in April 2020 as the price is reasonable :D

Thanks . This must have been a recent development by Princess .,perhaps in the last year or so .

It’s nothing new & we’ve received it since we reached the Loyalty credit levels many years ago which as ‘sknight’ posted is refundable.

However haven’t seen it promoted anywhere on the Princess site & if you’re eligible should have automatically received it. The onboard Captain’s Circle rep issues the credit & sends a card to our cabin at embarkation. It wasn’t displayed as a credit prior to sailing but have read posts that it’s now viewable in our Cruise Personalizer about 5 days before sailing.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I did not realize that the credit appeared on our personalizer right before sailing. I will have to look for it on our next cruise. We get the card in our stateroom upon boarding and the credit is posted to our folio. I had thought the credit is non-refundable like most OBC on Princess but saw on here that it is refundable. However the DW takes care of any refundable credit while still on the ship. :rolleyes:

This loyalty credit is new to me! We just went on our 20th Princess cruise this past March and we didn’t receive any Loyalty credit for the cruise. We are going on our 21st Princess cruise this coming December. It will be interesting to see if they come through with it this time. :confused:

This loyalty credit is new to me! We just went on our 20th Princess cruise this past March and we didn’t receive any Loyalty credit for the cruise. We are going on our 21st Princess cruise this coming December. It will be interesting to see if they come through with it this time. :confused:

I’ve seen slight variations in when it’s earned & my first time was on my 21st & not my 20th cruise “credit”.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

Started on our 21st cruise not the 20th.

I didn't realize it was put in the Cruise Personalizer at the last minute either. Interesting.

I haven’t cruised since reading several credible posts that it’s now shown about 5 days before sailing. There’s no way to know if that applies fleetwide or if it’s another example of being consistently inconsistent. ;)

More than one way too earn cruise credits:

"Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (mini-suites excluded), will receive two cruise credits.

Passengers who pay the single occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive two cruise credits.

Passengers who pay the single supplement to occupy a full suite on their own will receive three cruise credits."

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na991

And on a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises.

For example we have a 28 day cruise that can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises so we’ll receive 3 cruise credits for our 28 day cruise.

Even if you book it as one cruise you will get the extra credits - I have a 20 day cruise in November that can be booked as a 20 or 2 10 day cruises. I booked it as one cruise but in my cruise history it is showing 2 credits. We are elite now so it really doesn't matter all that much.

I didn't realize it was put in the Cruise Personalizer at the last minute either. Interesting.
If memory serves me correct, it appears in the Travel Summary and not the Payments & Credits tab. I'll find out in September. We got it for the first time last December.

• 3 months later...

I'm confused. I read here that I will be getting the credit which actually explains where the last credit showed up in June. Then I confirmed with Princess Cruise Line that I will get the credit 5 days before the ship sails when reserving an excursion. Meanwhile I had actually put in a question using FCC for the gratuity before embarkation. So customer service calls rep & states that I can't use fcc or shareholders credit towards gratuities until on board (OK / fine / it'll cancel out) and that there is no such thing as $$ credit for having sailed more than 21 times. So I'm wondering what that $25 credit that showed up in my portfolio in June was. And if I will get it next month.

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm confused. I read here that I will be getting the credit which actually explains where the last credit showed up in June. Then I confirmed with Princess Cruise Line that I will get the credit 5 days before the ship sails when reserving an excursion. Meanwhile I had actually put in a question using FCC for the gratuity before embarkation. So customer service calls rep & states that I can't use fcc or shareholders credit towards gratuities until on board (OK / fine / it'll cancel out) and that there is no such thing as $$ credit for having sailed more than 21 times. So I'm wondering what that $25 credit that showed up in my portfolio in June was. And if I will get it next month.

Loyalty OBC is awarded as follows:

After 20 cruise credits $25

After 31 cruise credits $50

After 41 cruise credits $75

After 51 cruise credits $100

It is one credit per cabin unless the cabin mates are not related.

Yes you should continue to receive the loyalty credit on every Princess cruise.