City of Galveston/Royal Caribbean

Just what we need more drivers on I-45 not knowing where to go.

How rude. It is truly ridiculous that people cannot drop off or pick up a car near the cruise terminal. Things like this will need to be in place before a larger ship comes. Galveston’s biggest issue is having transportation and lodging to support a larger ship being there. I hope we have a bigger ship there. I say we as we drive to Texas to board RC ships a lot. And you know what, we’ve never had an issue with I45 yet.

How rude. It is truly ridiculous that people cannot drop off or pick up a car near the cruise terminal. Things like this will need to be in place before a larger ship comes. Galveston’s biggest issue is having transportation and lodging to support a larger ship being there. I hope we have a bigger ship there. I say we as we drive to Texas to board RC ships a lot. And you know what, we’ve never had an issue with I45 yet.

We have plenty of buses and shuttles in place now for transportation.

Ever wonder why Galveston doesn't have rental car companies on the island open on Sunday's

How many rooms does Galveston have at the present Time

... Ever wonder why Galveston doesn't have rental car companies on the island open on Sunday's ...

Curtis, isn't there some sort of Texas thing about businesses open on Sunday?

Hopefully they will also build a car rental outlet that is open on Sundays! Getting to Galveston from Houston is such a chore hat it makes me not want to sail from there.

What are they going to do with the cars till you return on your cruise and return it to the airport.

Many locations have one way rentals.

As you know the car rentals are not open on Sundays.

Galveston ts not a Destination the cars would just sit there or they would have be trucked back to Houston.

There is no money to be made in Galveston on Rental cars.

As you know the car rentals are not open on Sundays.

Galveston ts not a Destination the cars would just sit there or they would have be trucked back to Houston.

There is no money to be made in Galveston on Rental cars.

How many days do ships embark and debark in Galveston? It works pretty well in PC, but we generally have ships coming and going all but two days. A little slower in the summer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How many days do ships embark and debark in Galveston? It works pretty well in PC, but we generally have ships coming and going all but two days. A little slower in the summer

Also folks fly in and drive down x number of days and PC have some nice beaches. Galveston have Brown water with a kinda fishy smell:(

Carnival has three ships a 4 and 5 day cruises, the other two ships are 7 day cruise. No cruise ships port at Galveston so passengers can get off and swim in the muddy waters.

If you want the tourism $ in your state you better be able to tolerate travelers.

Besides with Navigation apps driving on unfamiliar roads is not usually a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We want travelers just not on the roadways.

We want travelers just not on the roadways.

OK, If the travelers are not on the roadways that gives me a picture of folks in little "spacemobiles" like the Jetsons cartoon!

Galveston has a lot to offer travelers - Moody Gardens, Schitterbahn, Pleasure Pier, museums, historic homes, etc.

I think if Royal brings in a larger ship, that gives the support businesses the opportunity to increase their business plus some new businesses may launch because of it. I think it could be a positive situation for the island. Just takes some planning, money and time to make it all happen!

Patti

OK, If the travelers are not on the roadways that gives me a picture of folks in little "spacemobiles" like the Jetsons cartoon!

Galveston has a lot to offer travelers - Moody Gardens, Schitterbahn, Pleasure Pier, museums, historic homes, etc.

I think if Royal brings in a larger ship, that gives the support businesses the opportunity to increase their business plus some new businesses may launch because of it. I think it could be a positive situation for the island. Just takes some planning, money and time to make it all happen!

Patti

Sounds like a plan

You guys can point out all the flaws you want with cruising out of Galveston. But in reality, none of them really matter. All of the ships that sail out of Galveston, RCL & Carnival each sail full. And the fact there is a thread discussing the addition of another one, a bigger one, is telling of itself.

You guys can point out all the flaws you want with cruising out of Galveston. But in reality, none of them really matter. All of the ships that sail out of Galveston, RCL & Carnival each sail full. And the fact there is a thread discussing the addition of another one, a bigger one, is telling of itself.

Great Point the port is just 50 minute drive from the house

Someone mentioned Celebrity. Celebrity Galaxy used to sail from Galveston, longer cruises, spectacular itineraries, great crews, great food, just flat out super. Their longer itineraries were wonderful but did not meet the demographics of passengers out of Galveston. Sadly, they pulled out of Galveston.

Whenever I read posts about longer cruises from Galveston, I flash back and recall the Celebrity efforts that were not successful.

Sorry you feel that way, please take the bus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We drove it many times when we lived in Colorado. (all cruises before 2016, that were out of Galveston which is 4) This is not a hard drive, I-45 goes all the way in to Galveston so not sure why there would be many lost, and really not sure why the need to be so rude.

Someone mentioned Celebrity. Celebrity Galaxy used to sail from Galveston, longer cruises, spectacular itineraries, great crews, great food, just flat out super. Their longer itineraries were wonderful but did not meet the demographics of passengers out of Galveston. Sadly, they pulled out of Galveston.

Whenever I read posts about longer cruises from Galveston, I flash back and recall the Celebrity efforts that were not successful.

That was more than 10 years ago, when Galveston was still developing as a cruise port. I wonder if it could be more successful now that they've managed to drive up demand in the area.

We drove it many times when we lived in Colorado. (all cruises before 2016, that were out of Galveston which is 4) This is not a hard drive, I-45 goes all the way in to Galveston so not sure why there would be many lost, and really not sure why the need to be so rude.

I know Curtis, he was being fecitious and trying to be amusing...not rude. Tug is never rude. He's just a good ole boy!

Hey Tug!