Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Your Allie is always in my mind.

Thank-you Dani.

Your review was terrific...thank you so much for putting so much of your vacation time into helping others plan their perfect Alaska vacation!

You are welcome. I think I did a good job of balancing it out this time. I didn’t get the hairy eyeball from Lisa once this cruise.

Today the mail lady stopped at our house and not the mailbox. She had something for us. I wondered what it was until I saw the label.

Our homemade ornaments from Jewel Gardens in Skagway have arrived. They said expect it to take 3-4 weeks and it got to our house in just about 2 weeks.

673b0c7a04746764e85ddca9b6a3d574.jpg

Well packaged.

bda2e7e76d6550dfcb1eeca661b8638c.jpg

There are in her somewhere.

3b39db05e5a5c99ab1aeaba7cdf897e4.jpg

53f922b30a863284a3d37c0409392006.jpg

My ornament. I love these colours matched together.

077bca6b65cf517801a1162e14db31f6.jpg

Here are our three. Grandma’s must have been shipped separately. Hopefully her’s will arrive tomorrow, on her 70th birthday!!!!

67c439fede943f5cc3d4a5743cd76ca7.jpg

• Like 1

Your ornaments are beautiful! I’ll have to check them out in Victoria when I’m there in 3 weeks. I collect ornaments on my travels. When I put up my tree at Christmas, every ornament has special meaning. I honestly don’t have any room left but will continue to collect them.

Very nice, yours is kind of beachy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love the colour combo, light and airy. For sure, you can call it beachy. I will admit I picked the combo as it is the same as my latest addition. ;)

81f934d9ae16efdc18e3959c430ad040.jpg

I was going to guess a crystal block.

We are 1 point away from our next one. Our next block will be Harmony and we have one of her already. It would have been cool to have one of Radiance. Anyone want to swap blocks?

Your ornaments are beautiful! I’ll have to check them out in Victoria when I’m there in 3 weeks. I collect ornaments on my travels. When I put up my tree at Christmas, every ornament has special meaning. I honestly don’t have any room left but will continue to collect them.

We made them in Skagway at Jewel Gardens. They also sell them pre-made at their location and there was a gift shop in Skagway on the north side of the street that sells them. It is near an ice cream store, but I don’t remember it’s name.

I love the colour combo, light and airy. For sure, you can call it beachy. I will admit I picked the combo as it is the same as my latest addition. ;)

We are 1 point away from our next one. Our next block will be Harmony and we have one of her already. It would have been cool to have one of Radiance. Anyone want to swap blocks?

Nice ride. Laura ordered a 2019 convertible. Arrest Me Red with white seats. Should be here next month. She wouldn't let me add the exhaust option. We rented one in Connecticut last month.

Nice ride. Laura ordered a 2019 convertible. Arrest Me Red with white seats. Should be here next month. She wouldn't let me add the exhaust option. We rented one in Connecticut last month.

I call the convertible the support vehicle. It carries the stuff that is needed.

Lisa loves the GT and I am sure Laura will as well. The cut out exhaust is fun. We don’t have it on the convertible but I can experience it on another “pony” in our stable. Laura would have liked it after a while too.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I call the convertible the support vehicle. It carries the stuff that is needed.

Lisa loves the GT and I am sure Laura will as well. The cut out exhaust is fun. We don’t have it on the convertible but I can experience it on another “pony” in our stable. Laura would have liked it after a while too.

To late now. She didn't want the GT, just the 4 banger.

We were just notified that our helicopter and dog sled tour out of Skagway has been canceled for next week. The glacier conditions have deteriorated and the dog teams have been removed for the rest of the season. Sad!

We were just notified that our helicopter and dog sled tour out of Skagway has been canceled for next week. The glacier conditions have deteriorated and the dog teams have been removed for the rest of the season. Sad!

What about the one at Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau? Is that possible? I know when we were at Mendenhall the Glacier ice/snow was soft with a temp of approximately 60F. With a rough hot summer it would not surprise me that thenseadon finished finished early.

The railroad is Skagway is interesting, we have done it twice. The glass blowing we did was great too.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate news.

To late now. She didn't want the GT, just the 4 banger.

Lisa said yes to the GT, and would have accepted a 6 speed manual if the had it. The 4 banger is powerful from what it have heard, but it will already look fast just sitting still.

Lisa said yes to the GT, and would have accepted a 6 speed manual if the had it. The 4 banger is powerful from what it have heard, but it will already look fast just sitting still.
310 hp mated to 10 speed automatic.

The rental was fun. Never turned on drag strip mode.

Got notification that it arrives at dealership 2 days before we leave on Harmony.

There’s an entire thread on the Royal board re swapping blocks. We were excited to get the one (Anthem). It’ll be a while before we get another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What about the one at Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau? Is that possible? I know when we were at Mendenhall the Glacier ice/snow was soft with a temp of approximately 60F. With a rough hot summer it would not surprise me that thenseadon finished finished early.

The railroad is Skagway is interesting, we have done it twice. The glass blowing we did was great too.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate news.

Thank you Andrew. We decided to just book the helicopter ride to the glacier with no sled dogs. They do let us walk on the glacier. They still have the helicopter with dog sled at another port, I think Juneau, but now they are charging $700+ (ours was $525) and we decided it was too much.

What was the name of the excursions that took you to see the bears? Did you personally book this tour with Taquan Air of did you do it through the cruise ship?

We booked it through the ship, but it would not surprise me if you could book it through Taquan Air. I believe the name was Neets Bay Bear watch and flight. Done it twice, and would do it again, with no second thought.

Thanks for the review. Onboard in a week or so.

Gerry

Enjoy Alaska Gerry. It is an amazing place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, I was watching a Periscope that Twangster did from Nugget Falls/Mendenhall glacier. When he showed the glacier, I had to go back and look at video and pictures from our trip last year. The glacier had receded even since our trip.

I remember that when you were on your trip this year, you mentioned that you might look up pictures from your last trip to Alaska some years ago. Did you ever do that?

I am shocked at how much it receded in one year, can’t imagine the difference years would make.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew! I recently found your reviews for Alaska and Allure. I loved them. We are going on Allure for the first time (3rd RC cruise) in November, really for the purpose of experiencing the ship as we have been to all of the ports before. You have given me so much incredible information and I am excited to be cruising again! Alaska is also on our bucket list, so it's was nice to see your trip and your pros/cons. You guys travel like we do...do and see and enjoy absolutely everything!

Thanks again for taking us along with you- You seem to really enjoy taking us along. Hi to Lisa and Owen and Grandma!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, A&L_Ont said:

I used my GoPro on a shortened handle. I used the vented back as well. I think the DSLR would be a bit cumbersome.

A DSLR is most certainly cumbersome, especially when you've forgotten to remove your lens cap and forgotten to turn the blasted thing on!

• Haha 1