Mullet Bay

icedancer43

We went to Mullet Bay years ago and enjoyed it. We would like to visit again this year. How is the condition of it since the hurricane? Also, what is the best way to get there with a 3 year old? We took the local buses when we went years ago (without a child) and are not sure of the local rules regarding child restraints in vehicles. Thank you for your advice and recommendations!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just there in May. It was my first time but I thought the beach was gorgeous. The entrance to the waters was a little steep and the waves were a little harder than we were used to but we still had a great couple of hours there. There are no buildings there anymore. Bathrooms were port a potties and locals grilled out and sold drinks out of a cooler. We took a taxi $8 per person per way. They had us pay round trip and gave us a bracelet for our return. It was super easy. Our daughter was 8 though so we didn't bother with anything other than a seat belt.

I was just there in May. It was my first time but I thought the beach was gorgeous. The entrance to the waters was a little steep and the waves were a little harder than we were used to but we still had a great couple of hours there. There are no buildings there anymore. Bathrooms were port a potties and locals grilled out and sold drinks out of a cooler. We took a taxi $8 per person per way. They had us pay round trip and gave us a bracelet for our return. It was super easy. Our daughter was 8 though so we didn't bother with anything other than a seat belt.

Curios how far of a drive it is from the port? We will also be traveling with 2 small kids.

Thanks

Kimberly

Three-year-olds are welcome on the bus. As already mentioned, the beach is still gorgeous and is pretty much the same as pre-hurricane. The only difference is that Rosy's Shack is gone, but she is still serving up food from grills and a cooler. The port-a-potties have always been there. You could see hurricane damage and debris in the trees, but the beaches are great. The waves of course are going to depend on the sea and we did not notice a steep drop into the water, but we did not have small kids with us. There were a lot of kids playing in the sand and having a great time.

It takes about 25 minutes to get to Mullet Bay from Philipsburg if you do not have any major traffic issues. Add about 5-10 minutes to that if you catch a taxi directly from the cruise terminal. The distance is about 9 miles.

Three-year-olds are welcome on the bus. As already mentioned, the beach is still gorgeous and is pretty much the same as pre-hurricane. The only difference is that Rosy's Shack is gone, but she is still serving up food from grills and a cooler. The port-a-potties have always been there. You could see hurricane damage and debris in the trees, but the beaches are great. The waves of course are going to depend on the sea and we did not notice a steep drop into the water, but we did not have small kids with us. There were a lot of kids playing in the sand and having a great time.

It takes about 25 minutes to get to Mullet Bay from Philipsburg if you do not have any major traffic issues. Add about 5-10 minutes to that if you catch a taxi directly from the cruise terminal. The distance is about 9 miles.

Thank you for the information. Did you notice toddlers riding in cabs or on the bus without carseats? That is just my main concern because we will not have a carseat with us and I do not know the laws in the various ports.

The one toddler I saw on the bus did not have a car seat and just sat on his mom's lap. I'm not sure if they used their seat belt or not. I have no idea what the actual laws are for young children and car seats, but I doubt they are strictly enforced. You may want to do a bit more research to see if you will have any issues traveling without a car seat (my guess is you will have no problem).