brilliance of the seas #8088

cruzaddict

Hi Shelley,

We just got off the Radiance of the Seas (sister ship to the Brilliance) and were in cabin 8088. I loved it, for the location and huge balcony (three times the normal size).

However, my wife was less satisfied with it due the late night music and art auctions from the Centrum that could be heard from the cabin, sometimes up until 1am.

I would book this cabin again, though, rather than one with a smaller balcony. We're ready to try an aft cabin next time.

SDCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

Don't go to 7060, it is over a bar that is not showing on the layout of the ship.

I do agree that the cabins near the Centrum will have to put up with the music till 1, just like 7060. Had friends in the second cabin from the centrum, and they said it was not bad at all, and they loved the balcony.

Good Luck.

Just back from the Brilliance.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;14;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Brilliance of the Seas 5-14-2004

botmov.gif

whale.gif

Just one thing you may not know about the cabin on the 7th floor. There is an overhang that sticks out from your balcony about 8 feet, it covers the life boats, you can see fine if your looking straight out, but you can not see anything looking down.

We had friends in 7092, this is the first cabin on the bump and is only partially obstructed by the overhand. It has a larger blacony. However, you are two cabins from the Centrum, and they play music until 1 a.m.. They said they could hear it, but it was not too bad.

Beautiful smooth sailing ship, you hardly knew the ship was even moving.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;14;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

botmov.gif

whale.gif

I am not to concerned about the over hang. But you said partly covered looking down? So can you see part of the way down to the water? If not its not a big deal I like the idea of a bigger Balcony and I am a heavy sleeper so I can deal with the noise...

My wife and I were in 8588 and didn't hear a thing from the Centrum late at night. We are now booked for 8104 and expect it to be the same as far as the noise level.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEBRITISH/

http://antiguaadventures.securesites.com/booking.html

Mark

3/23/03, Costa Atlantica

2/16/04, Brilliance Blues Cruisers

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Blues Cruisers Valentine Cruise on Brilliance

did you like the extra size of the Balcony? How private was it? Thanks This will be my 1st time on Rccl ( I have been on CCL in the past) It will be my BF's 1st cruise ever!!! I want it to be great for him. He ppicked out the cabin and I want him to feel apart of planning it so I let him pick the cabin, itenary and the Ship. So he feels like he did good. (But as long as I am on a ship i am happy)

From 7092, you will be fine. You will be able to look out, but not down towards the water. I mean straight down, which you can do on other balconies. 7092's overhand is not as bad as the others next to it, because the balcony comes out a little further. You will not be able to see anything looking towards the front of the ship, (as far as looking down, I mean)I did not find it a problem, how often do you want to look at the dock anyhow.

What is your itenerary? Most of the docks in the Med were not worth looking at anyhow. Mostly ship yard type.

botmov.gif

whale.gif

I on try number three to attach two pictures the first one is looking toward your balcony for your cabin, it is at the end of the canopy and comes out on an angle. The second picture is looking the other way but you get a better idea of what I'm talking about. view them at

http://community.webshots.com/user/gerrybass100

botmov.gif

whale.gif

Well thats not to bad. I can deal with that... I don't need to look down at the water. But it looks as if I can a bit if I want to. But the 1st photo is my cabin.. Is that correct? What cabin did you take the photo's from? Thanks for all your help... Susie

We were in cabin 7060.

No the over hang was not bad at all.

Enjoy!

Gerry

I have added some more pictures to that website, they are from Venice Italy. What an awesome place, pulling into Venice on a cruise ship, Wow!!

botmov.gif

whale.gif

• 1 month later...

Any photos of #8088? please.

We are booked on Jewel (same radiance class) for January and don't mind the music if the balcony is that much bigger and makes the whole trip worth it...

Is the balcony large enough that one can sunbathe in? or is it mostly covered from cabin above?:confused:

Any input MUUUCCCHHH appreciated.

We were in cabin 8088 last April on the Radiance. Loved the extra large balcony!!! It was very private, but didn't get much sun. I do sleep kind of soundly, but I didn't notice any noise from the Centrum. I would get that cabin again if I could! I will look for pictures of it. I know I have some.

To LoveCruises:

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the balcony, just pictures taken from the edge of the balcony outward toward the ports of call and the sea..

But, I doubt you will see the sun on the balcony for sunbathing due to the cabin above yours because their balcony is the same size as 8088. It's a great cabin for the location and size of balcony. If you don't mind music or the late night art auction in the Centrum, go for this cabin. Well worth it..

SDCRuiser

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I was very concerned about the long narrow balcony some were posting about in this cabin. After much research I think my Mom and I are going to love it! Thanks to everyone for all of their information on cabin specifics. I will let you know in a few days how it goes and what I think about it. :rolleyes:

Archived