Ultimate Beverage Package vs. Unlimited Open Bar!

If I’m understanding correctly -

~Ultimate Beverage Package is on NCL ships where it’s either a selected amentity option or purchased by a guest.

~Unlimited Open Bar is the included alcohol package on the all inclusive ships Sky and Sun.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Kathy

~Ultimate Beverage Package is on NCL ships where it’s either a selected amentity option or purchased by a guest.

~Unlimited Open Bar is the included alcohol package on the all inclusive ships Sky and Sun.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Kathy

I gather that they're undergoing a name change. I was shopping for a cruise on the Jade next Feb/Mar, and I was only seeing "open bar"

Celebrity has two different drink packages, one is definitely limited....I just priced a cruise with them next Sept...you pay for it too, “cruise best” I think they call it. 4 perks...around $400 per person extra in the cabin. Nothing is free.

I have been very pleased with the $18 dollar package on NCL as far as alcohol goes.

If you want drinks, obc, gratuities, and internet, yes it is expensive to add all 4.

Most ocean view and higher rooms include one free perk, and the classic beverage package is a nice choice.

Is that correct?

Not totally but in general yes; I also believe that the Unlimited Open Bar is also built in to some cruises bought through the European NCL offices.

Yup. Good with that. Not really interested in any of that other stuff. Don't need no foo foo coffee or foo foo water.

Don't forget no foo foo decent wine or foo foo top shelf (possibly mid shelf) liquor .

Wonderful . You're very easy to please . Foo foo . :D

To a degree you get what you pay for. With the perk, you're getting a beverage package for $17.80 that's at least compatible to Carnival's $59.75 package. I agree that both the wine list and the liquor list has been better in the past. Back in 2015 Knob Creek was still included! But for the price of 2 drinks on land I can have unlimited drinks on the ship. That's a deal as far as I'm concerned.

What would make me rethink my position, however is if the "open bar" selection from the Sky eventually replaces the selection on the other ships. I hope that never happens.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Kathy

Yes, that's exactly correct. Open Bar is currently only on the Sun and Sky. I've sailed on both, in the past year, and what they offer is not the same thing as the UBP.

Yes, that's exactly correct. Open Bar is currently only on the Sun and Sky. I've sailed on both, in the past year, and what they offer is not the same thing as the UBP.

It is branded as Unlimited Open Bar on every cruise I have looked at for Jan-Mar 2019, from the Jade to the Epic.

NORWEGIAN'S FREE AT SEA

CHOOSE UP TO 4 FREE OFFERS

FREE UNLIMITED OPEN BAR

FREE SPECIALTY DINING

FREE SHORE EXCURSIONS

FREE WIFI

If you want drinks, obc, gratuities, and internet, yes it is expensive to add all 4.

Most ocean view and higher rooms include one free perk, and the classic beverage package is a nice choice.

Correct, but it is limited in alcohol selection for sure...choices are good..

It is branded as Unlimited Open Bar on every cruise I have looked at for Jan-Mar 2019, from the Jade to the Epic.

You are correct. NCL has changed the terminology of its beverage package to Unlimited Open bar going forward. The quality of brands available has been reduced in most categories especially the wine list which lists wine by type of wine- Merlot-Pinot- etc instead of who makes the wine. Since you can only get wine by the glass you don't know what it is. You may get a good tasting wine but the chances are much less since NCL I am sure is not getting any type of good wine in this scenario. For example of Celebrities beverage package, the last 5 years running during dinner we had a choice of several brands of wine and the waiter would bring over the whole bottle for consumption. I will be leaving this Sunday on the Escape and will report back what we find on the Beverage package for others to review. Yeah my group is on the cruise which might be affected by Hurricane Florence.

You are correct. NCL has changed the terminology of its beverage package to Unlimited Open bar going forward. The quality of brands available has been reduced in most categories especially the wine list which lists wine by type of wine- Merlot-Pinot- etc instead of who makes the wine. Since you can only get wine by the glass you don't know what it is. You may get a good tasting wine but the chances are much less since NCL I am sure is not getting any type of good wine in this scenario. For example of Celebrities beverage package, the last 5 years running during dinner we had a choice of several brands of wine and the waiter would bring over the whole bottle for consumption. I will be leaving this Sunday on the Escape and will report back what we find on the Beverage package for others to review. Yeah my group is on the cruise which might be affected by Hurricane Florence.

Good post. In fairness, you are fortunate to have had your waiter bring over a whole bottle .

That is not standard Celebrity procedure .