Bonnie change in itinerary question

laurieb

Our Feb 21, 2019 Quest itinerary has been changed; can you find out where in the Bay of Islands we'll be tendering to? Thanks!

If it is where I have gone there a nice museum about a twenty minute walk from town. Some good shops in town too.

When did these changes occur? Once again I find out from Cruise Critic first, rather than from Azamara or my TA. Whilst I am happy with the visit to the Bay of Islands I am disappointed that in order to gain one port we have to loose two others (Picton and Nelson) and that we now have three sea days across the Tasman instead of two. Please could Bonnie find out the reason for these changes ? I am begining to question the wisdom of booking cruises a year in advance.

When did these changes occur? Once again I find out from Cruise Critic first, rather than from Azamara or my TA. Whilst I am happy with the visit to the Bay of Islands I am disappointed that in order to gain one port we have to loose two others (Picton and Nelson) and that we now have three sea days across the Tasman instead of two. Please could Bonnie find out the reason for these changes ? I am beginning to question the wisdom of booking cruises a year in advance.

I'm in the business so I got the letter yesterday; yours should have received it yesterday too. Regarding the sea days, it was always 2 1/2 as we were in Nelson just until noon. I'm disappointed we're not going to Picton too, but Bay of Islands and more time in Wellington will be good.

Hi Laurieb,

Your ship will anchor in the Bay of Islands and tender to Waitangi Wharf.

Would you do me the favor of sharing this on your voyage roll call?

https://www.visitboi.co.nz/cruise-ships/cruise-ship-map

“The Bay of Islands is a tender port, so you will arrive by tender at the Wharf at Waitangi.

On arrival at Waitangi those on pre-booked tours will be met and directed to their transport. For free independent travelers complimentary shuttle buses are available for the short 5 minute trip into Paihia, which is the hub of Bay of Islands activities.

Alternatively you may choose to walk around the waterfront to Paihia which is a beautiful 20-25 minute walk. Ambassadors in Waitangi will be happy to provide you with information and offer you a map of the area.

The shuttle buses run continuously between Paihia and Waitangi for the duration of your vessel’s visit to the Bay of Islands. The shuttles also stop at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds which is the scene of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi New Zealand’s founding document and is a must see.”