In a totally unscientific statement, the next two weeks (end of July/Early August) seem to frequently set the tone for the next 6 or 7 weeks. Right now, all is quiet. Crossing fingers.

This will be our first cruise during huricane season. August 12 out of Tampa on Carnival Mirical 7 night. Fingers crossed and positive vibes.

This will be our first cruise during huricane season. August 12 out of Tampa on Carnival Mirical 7 night. Fingers crossed and positive vibes.

Good luck to you, Are you driving or flying down? This is our 3rd cruise during hurricane season. First time no problem, great cruise. Last year, our 4 day was shortened to a 3 day, we made the best of it.

We are flying in a day early and flying home a day after cruise. We were vacationing on Coco Beach last year before the big hurricane and flew out the Wednesday befor it hit out of the Sanford airport. The whole region was in total panic mode, flight made it out just fine and we watched the rest safely home in Indiana on TV.

We have booked great excursions at 3 of the four ports and just plan on shopping and hanging out snorkleing at the Paridice Grill just off the pier which we've done many times and love.

I'll keep myself up on the weather but hey, it's in Gods hands and Chicken Little isn't traveling with us. :cool:

It remains all quiet on the Eastern front! 7 weeks to go!

last year Irma changed our cruise and we did not get on the Conquest. In 75 days we are trying again on the Magic. fingers crossed!

Continuing to knock on wood, and keeping fingers crossed.

:cool:Me too. Sailing Sept. 29th. On the Sunshine, Southern Carib. Even if the weather turns bad, the ship will navigate out of range of the storm, might miss ports, but I’ll be on a ship.

:cool:Me too. Sailing Sept. 29th. On the Sunshine, Southern Carib. Even if the weather turns bad, the ship will navigate out of range of the storm, might miss ports, but I’ll be on a ship.

Depending on where your itinerary takes you in the SC, Barbados, St. Vincent, Grenada, and the ABC's are below the hurricane zone anyway. And St. Lucia is on the southern edge.

Im doing the Dream this Sunday out of NO, and hitting Belize, Cozumel and Honduras - it looks like rain every day, but only in the mornings? Is that normal? Sure hope it isn't going to rain every stinking day!

It remains all quiet on the Eastern front! 7 weeks to go!

Hi Neighbor - GO BUCKS! We leave on September 28 for the Eastern Carribean. Last year in September our cruise was completely cancelled. So we booked a cruise to Panama two weeks later and the changed our ports to Portland, Maine and Halifax Nova and we were socked in with fog the whole time. Our balcony was useless! Last year was bad, hoping for better luck this year!

Hi Neighbor - GO BUCKS! We leave on September 28 for the Eastern Carribean. Last year in September our cruise was completely cancelled. So we booked a cruise to Panama two weeks later and the changed our ports to Portland, Maine and Halifax Nova and we were socked in with fog the whole time. Our balcony was useless! Last year was bad, hoping for better luck this year!

Good luck with that. The Gulf seems quiet. Ernesto is following Debbie's path, so I'm good for now. 30 days!

All remains quiet on the Atlantic/Caribbean front!

Tropical Storm 6 looks like a problem for late next week. I'm hoping for a NE turn like Ernesto.

Tropical Storm 6 looks like a problem for late next week. I'm hoping for a NE turn like Ernesto.

I've been looking at both EFS and Spaghetti models. Storm 6 will likely be named by tomorrow, but, the models are showing strong steering to the north, staying far out to sea and even well east of Bermuda. Stay hopeful.

Disturbance 1 over the Turks & Caicos should be watched. Conditions are unfavorable for development now and it will move northwest over the southern tip of Florida. If it persists, conditions are more favorable for development in the Gulf. It would be, however, quite weak at that point.

5pm EDT Forecast is for weaker storm now... #6 is no longer predicted to reach hurricane strength. Just TS. And still stay well out to sea.

I currently have a hotel booked for Savannah for Saturday, re-considering that. Will be an interesting week.

I currently have a hotel booked for Savannah for Saturday, re-considering that. Will be an interesting week.

Oh dear. And yes it will be!

Thankfully nothing showing in the 5-day outlook in the wake of Isaac and Helene right now.

But watching the disturbance in the NW Caribbean, which will develop slowly, but may form into a depression as it passes over the Yucatan and into the Gulf. And toward the Texas coast, which does not need any more trouble right now.

Hope for the best for you. But right now that looks like a no go. :loudcry:

Today I think it might be interesting to be in Savannah Saturday. But that's just me.

The disturbance nearing the Yucatan bears watching as forecasters have it at 50% chance and still heading toward the Texas coast, where they just had a nasty brush with a similar disturbance. We saw pictures of people wading flooded streets to get to their cruise ship! Let's hope we don't have to do that again.

Today I think it might be interesting to be in Savannah Saturday. But that's just me.

The disturbance nearing the Yucatan bears watching as forecasters have it at 50% chance and still heading toward the Texas coast, where they just had a nasty brush with a similar disturbance. We saw pictures of people wading flooded streets to get to their cruise ship! Let's hope we don't have to do that again.

Well, I canceled my Savannah hotel. Best case scenario, the traffic late Saturday might be bad as people are returning from forced evacuations. Worse case, they will need the hotels and other resources for relief workers and evacuees. For now, I am planning to take the Western route down - Cincinnati to Central, KY, Tenneseee, into Atlanta, and south to Ocala then through Orlando. I can easily divert as far west as Louisville to skirt the effects of Florence. More updates this weekend.

Well, I canceled my Savannah hotel ... traffic late Saturday might be bad as people are returning from forced evacuations ... they will need the hotels and other resources for relief workers and evacuees ... More updates this weekend.

Good call, safe travel !!

Gas & diesel fuel shortage might also be a problem in that region and nearby, regardless of routing - refuel when possible ... those are times where my brother's Toyota Prius come in handy with a range of 525+ miles.

Good call, safe travel !!

Gas & diesel fuel shortage might also be a problem in that region and nearby, regardless of routing - refuel when possible ... those are times where my brother's Toyota Prius come in handy with a range of 525+ miles.

Good point, oddly enough, before the trip I am thinking of trading my car with a 13 gallon tank that gets 27mpg in for one with a 18 gallon tank with 22mpg. As a rule, I refill at a 1/2 tank.

Agree with your plan especially on today's news. Safe travels.

The disturbance heading toward Texas is still one to watch. 60% chance to become a named storm.

Now, I'm reconsidering how early to leave on Saturday to reach Valdosta before I'm too tired. I think its around 800 miles, leaving about 230 to go on Sunday.

BillOh not sure there is any better option among your choices! Soggy drive any way you go.

The disturbance in the Gulf has dropped back to 50% chance to form into a Tropical Storm. Still hoping it falls apart more before reaching the Texas coast.

Did you all notice a new named storm today? Tropical Storm Joyce formed way out in the Atlantic SW of the Azores. FOUR named storms in the Atlantic at the same time!??? Can anyone remember such a thing? Joyce is a possible threat to the Azores at Tropical Storm strength.

Thank goodness as Florence and Isaac fade we have a quiet period to enjoy... There is a low pressure over Bermuda now which is only rated to have a 10% chance to develop.

I’m getting close to Valdosta Georgia , glad we came this way. Sunny all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wed. 19 Sep. The Atlantic is finally nice and calm. Just these two unlikely lows out there. Let's stay this way!

two_atl_5d0.png

Kimberly ours is October 27 on Breakaway. What's yours?

Well the Atlantic gave is a short break but is getting warmer again. If you look above at the outlook map I posted a few days ago, it's updated now and shows 4 areas of interested. The red one is likely to develop but spin around harmlessly way out there. The yellow on isn't likely to do anything interesting.

It's the two orange ones I am concerned about. The one more west is weaker and less likely to have time to develop too much, and conditions will become less favorable. The one out east has time to develop... and needs to be watched.

There are FOUR in the Atlantic at this point.

Too early to tell how strong they may become and where they'll go ....

Kimberly ours is October 27 on Breakaway. What's yours?

Well the Atlantic gave is a short break but is getting warmer again. If you look above at the outlook map I posted a few days ago, it's updated now and shows 4 areas of interested. The red one is likely to develop but spin around harmlessly way out there. The yellow on isn't likely to do anything interesting.

It's the two orange ones I am concerned about. The one more west is weaker and less likely to have time to develop too much, and conditions will become less favorable. The one out east has time to develop... and needs to be watched.

Thank you. We are on Carnival Elation

I’ll be keeping up with this thread to see what’s happening

Watching this thread very closely. We are supposed to leave on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami on October 7th and really hoping for good weather. Hopefully someone with more weather knowledge then me updates this thread as it appears the OP may be on a cruise of their own!

Back home! See you guys for Hurricane watch 19!

Great!

And don’t worry everyone, I will keep updating this thread for “prospects” ahead. So overnight one of the 4 warm spots got hot and we have Kirk. The other three are not a threat. The northeast one will stay out to sea, the northwest one is low probability to develop. The southwest one is now a depression but conditions are not favorable and they forecast it to fall Part before it can get a name.

But the fourth made it to tropical storm Kirk quickly and is likely to gradually intensify. We need to watch this one and I will start a thread for it.