SCARLET LADY - New Renderings and a Concern

eroller

On 7/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, jrljel said:

And is this line only for the beautiful looking, really buff or model like people? That's the vibe I am getting, like if you are not able to be seen in a Miami club on a Saturday night and really fit, this is not the ship for you. Am I missing something?

I'm getting the same vibe, actually.  Their website looks eerily reminiscent of 90's-era TV commercials for "glamour" gyms like Bally's (defunct) or Equinox (still active).  That is, "If you're not a model, hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back..."

On the other hand, look at it this way: a new cruise line wants to lure in customers.  And sex sells!  They're leveraging the glamour vibe to do that.  Do you really expect them to use a "neighborhood dive bar" look and/or slovenly actors in their ads?  Of course not.  Granted, they went too far with the "glamour" part, but they lured in more people than they deterred.  And that's capitalism doing its job.

I'm taking their "glamour" vibe with a grain of salt.  No one will get tarred and feathered for being a paying customer onboard.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

On 6/13/2019 at 12:47 AM, wwcruisers said:

Well, as someone who has cruised Celebrity for a long time, Virgin had their chance to "source" me. In fact, I put down my pre-deposit, and sat in line (for well over a year) waiting for information about the actual cruises. When they finally announced Scarlet Lady's 2020 itinerary, it was a deal-breaker for me -- I called and requested my $$ back that same day. So -- that would make it 59+, right?🤔

PS -- I would still like to give VV a chance. But they have to get their act together, re: itineraries -- first!😏

You are so right.  The itineraries are so bad that I am better off staying at home.  Will try VV when they get better. 

• Like 1